Business Electricity Supply Disconnected

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey There

I have been in dispute with the energy company about missing payments I sent them with regards to my business premises, and have refused to send them any money till they sorted it out (they claim i have 9k arrears, but its acutally about 5 since i refused to pay anymore), I got a letter last week stating they were going to have the supply disconnected, and last week was just a bloody nightmare with the bank and bin suppliers etc so I forgot about it. I went to deal with it today, and they have already been in and changed the locks. Now they claim that they had a warrant, but I'm pretty sure I still have 7 days to reply and they never issued me with a warrant. Is this legal?

P.s. I'm in Scotland.

Cheers

Me Vs ICS = 1-0

Me Vs BT = 1-0

Me Vs UKPC = 1-0

Me Vs 3 = 0-1 :-(

Your supplier would need to apply for a Warrant of Entry through the magistrates (I think the Scottish equivalent is the Sherriff's court?). The law which covers this is the Rights of Entry gas and electricity boards Act 1954.

Your supplier must be able to give you a copy of the warrant if indeed they have followed this process. If they did not have a Warrant then they have not acted within the law.

Furthermore, they should have left you a letter confirming the time/date/location of the hearing

• dx100uk changed the title to Business Electricity Supply Disconnected