• Tweets

• I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
    • I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
    • Speaking of Frost and Johnson the corrupt liars' grate deal they forced through   Shortages of life saving medicines has become ‘new normal’ for UK after Brexit WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK ‘The medicines supply chain is broken at every level,’ warns Dr Leyla Hannbeck   "Professor Tamara Hervey, of the City Law School, said: “There is nothing inevitable about this ‘new normal’ where Great Britain is isolated in efforts to manage fragilities in global supply of the products and people we need to run the NHS. It is the consequence of policy choices and those could be different.”     Mind you, the private sector is making hays while the NHS is burned. Private health insurance market grows by £385m in a year amid NHS crisis | Private healthcare | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Demand for private treatment booms as NHS waiting lists remain long, while more people also sign up for dental cover  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage with RBS - Repossesion order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, hoping you can help me with a big issue my family have at the moment

We bought my grandmothers home a couple of years ago. My father remortgaged the property 2 years ago to finance a business venture, which went bankrupt. So we were left with the remortgage at a horrible rate on a £120,000 property, paying out £800 a month.

This has been ongoing for the past 12 months. Chopping and changing repayment amounts when RBS decide to 're-evaluate' our position.

Basically, we have mortgage arrears of about £4000 on the house, and the mortgage was initially for £100.000. We have the house on the market now for offers over £114,000, however we will probably only get close to £105,000 at best.

According to RBS, they are now raising court action because even though we have offered to make lesser repayments and the house is for sale, we are still accruing slight arrears every month. They just aren't willing to give us any more time. They also say even if the house sells we will still owe them a slight amount of money.

Currently the house has a lot of interest, with 20 people due to have viewings over the next month.

Also, the local council have contacted us and said they would rent the property off us for social housing and pay us £575 a month with the potential to purchase the house off us after a year. We informed the solictor this, but RBS just flatly refused the idea to switch the mortgage to buy-to-let.

We asked the solicitor to switch the mortgage to a lower rate, as RBS currently offer between 2.5 - 3.5 % on mortgages. This would have lowered our payments and allowed us to meet them. Again, flatly rejected.

At the start of January, RBS had told their solicitors to inform us they required £500 payments over the next 3 months. We cannot afford that, so we offered £250 a month. This was flatly rejected, and shortly afterwards we were informed RBS had raised court action to repossess.

The fact that my parents have tried every possible option, with absolutely no leway or help from RBS, surely is in our favour. We've offered to make payments, at a lower amount but still offered, and are able to meet these payments (we haven't missed one since the repayment agreement started). The house is garnering good interest from potential buyers who are all due in to see it soon. We already have a concrete offer from the council to rent it off us, which the bank wont even entertain even though they will get their money that way.

Any advice on our situation would be most helpful. The court action was raised yesterday. Just wonder how the courts proceed with this, and if the fact we have done every possible thing to keep paying RBS but they have shot all of our options down would result in us being allowed to keep the house and not be ruled against?

Sorry for being a bit muddle in the information, i've just put down everything relevant.

Thanks

Greg

Hi Gregpicard, the mortgage providers have to prove that they have tried everything possible to stop repossession and repossession should be the last resort. This clearly is not the case.

In addition, when a house is up for sale then it is normal and "fair" that the mortgage provider waits to see the outcome of the sale. The chances are they are not going to achieve any greater price if they repossess so this argument will not wear in court. Have a look at the attached links. they will give you a lot of information. If you need any additional help please just give me a shout. I have just been in court with Platform who failed to adhere to all the pre-action protocols.....and the case was thrown out....they now have to negotiate.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/other_publications/miscellaneous/2009/mortgage_arrears_1

http://www.keepingyourhome.co.uk/download/advisersguide.pdf

and have a good read around govan law centre blog. Lots of interesting articles there.

http://govanlc.blogspot.co.uk/

Good luck.

Gemspan

Hi Gemspan

Thanks for that information, very interesting read.

The house has been on the market for just over 2 months, was a very slow period over December / January (as can be expected in the property market) but this month the interest in it is soaring, we are very confident we could get a sale through within the next 3 months. What the bank basically did, is told us they would let us continue to try and sell the house on our own for 3 more months but only if we paid them £500 a month each of those 3 months too. Obviously we can't do this but offered a lower amount, was refused and they have raised the court action immediately.

We're quite baffled that the bank won't even entertain the offer we have had from the Highland Council to rent the house out and possibly purchase it after 1 year. This would cover the cost of the mortgage, and allow us to pay back all of the arrears over the next year.

From the links you sent me, the bank would have to basically continue exactly what we are doing for them - advertising the property and doing all they can to sell it before resorting to an auction. Seems like they are being totally unreasonable in not giving us the opportunity to finalise a sale ourselves.

My father is going to get his solicitor to have a look at our case and see where we go from there. Cheers

Gregpicard, what have you received in the post from RBS? At this point in time you could write a letter advising them that they have failed to follow the pre-action protocols and any action will be strongly defended on these grounds.

You will get a notice served by Sheriff Officers that will include a date for a hearing. Every repossession case in Scotland has to have a hearing. At that point in time you have your opportunity to put forward your case as to why RBS should not get possession. There will also be legal fees racking up which, of course, if they have not followed pre-action protocols is very naughty and you may get the action thrown out with costs awarded.

Where about in the country are you? If you are in Glasgow you can use Govan Law Centre which are great. There are many law centres around the country that help many many people with situations like this. I cannot say that I found them very helpful but I do know that Govan is fantastic. Mike Dailly is a legend.

If you have received nothing yet then I wouldnt waste your money on a solicitor. Wait until you get a date for the hearing. You could send RBS a copy of the FSA guidelines on repossession and also state that they have failed to follow pre-action protocols. That may stop any action and also give the Sheriff something to look at when it does go to court. It shows just how unreasonable they are being. I have been through this whole process, I represented myself and I won my case on the "fairness" and pre-action protocols. Please just ask any questions.....I am happy to help.

This is a Scottish repo IMS21 hence the reason its in Scottish section. I got no help when I put my situation in Repo Forum because very few people are experienced in the Scottish system.

Ok it is back where it was in Mortgages and Secured Loans.