parking confusion - pls help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You also said "it means in a nutshell that cars are not permitted in the street at all whether loading or not".

Thats what I believe is the intended meaning. However, the sign has confused the issue. No doubt it will take an appeal to get it sorted as you say.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

But that's contradictory. If she passes the sign with intent to carry out loading, but proceeds to park instead, then the has violated the conditions for entering. .

I agree but reading the thread it does not say anything about parking - she, or more likely someone else, is loading take away food from her partners business into her 4x4, she does not even leave the car or stop the engine so not sure how anyone could deem that as parking and as she is with her vehicle I do not know how a PCN would be issued as a PCN has to be affixed to the windscreen, she is unlikely to sit in the car and watch that happen.

I think you will find you are wrong.

I've done some finding and nope I don't think I'm wrong. Let us disregard whether it should say only or whether it is approved in terms of traffic legislation and instead let us consider in terms of the English/Welsh language and the meaning of the blue sign.

The blue sign means if you are a taxi, cycle or bus you may proceed, the text means if you are loading you may proceed. When you get to the loading bay however if it is before 1830 you cannot actually use the bays. So to consider it if it is OK to proceed into the zone then you just need to be able to answer yes to one of these:

1. Am I riding a cycle

2. Am I driving a taxi

3. Am I driving a bus

4. Am I loading

4= Yes so it is OK to proceed. Get to the bay and it says goods vehicles only from 08:00 to 18:30 so to consider if you can in a bay stop to load your vehicle:

If it is between 18:31 and 07:59 then yes you can load

If it is between 08:00 and 18:30 then no you cannot unless you are driving a goods vehicle

I agree but reading the thread it does not say anything about parking - she, or more likely someone else, is loading take away food from her partners business into her 4x4, she does not even leave the car or stop the engine so not sure how anyone could deem that as parking and as she is with her vehicle I do not know how a PCN would be issued as a PCN has to be affixed to the windscreen, she is unlikely to sit in the car and watch that happen.

Depends on your definition of loading. Maybe if I have a bar of chocolate in my hand I am loading that too?

In my mind picking up take away meals to deliver to clients homes is a genuine business loading activity, loading a single bar of chocolate is not but that is just my opinion.

Well all I can say now is that you test it by deliberately disobeying the signs and then appeal any subsequent PCN.

It is quite obvious to me that the street is restricted against private cars but the signage may not be correct.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I would point out that as its not in London the argument about the blue sign is pointless as it would have to be enforced by the Police whilst the loading bay by the Council. The loading bay is goods vehicles only and a car is liable to get a PCN and annoy the bus drivers as on the face of it they rightly consider it as a bus and cycle only street.

The loading bay is goods vehicles only and a car is liable to get a PCN

What is it outside of the restricted hours? Just a parking space so far as I can see. The only violation would be entering the street to park.

What is it outside of the restricted hours? Just a parking space so far as I can see. The only violation would be entering the street to park.

If its outside the bay hours then yes its a driving offence that would have to be argued in magistrates court if stopped by the Police.