Falsely obtained joint account - how to close?

KeefG
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can help, I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend.

Sometime last year, an ex she was seeing opened a joint account at Santander in his & her names, at her address which she only found out about recently when a cheque book, debit card (she has never used these and tore them up immediately) and paper statements started to arrive at her address.

She opened the statements and discovered the account is very very badly managed, into an overdraft with charges being levied on the account regularly, she is now worried that if this guy decides to stop having his wages paid in she is going to be liable for the debt due to it being registered at her address.

A while after they split, she completed a form to have her name taken off the account which this guy was meant to have handed in but clearly hasn't, and no amount of phone calls to Santander has helped, culminating today in them telling her that they cannot take her name off the account without his say so, however he no longer speaks to her and wont return any calls or messages on the issue.

Can anybody advise what options she has?

To quote Public Enemy.........

"Fight the power, fight the powers that be" :D

The bank would not allow her to name to be removed when the account is in the red even if both signed the require forms.

i suspect her best chance would be to inform Santander that she did not know that an account had been opened in her name. However that would

probably mean that she would have to brand her ex as a forger and fraudulent.

Hi

Did the friend Sign any of the Joint Bank Account Documents?

If this has been done fraudulently have you reported this to the Banks Fraud Department and the Police?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group