style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I won a case in the small claims in November 2011 because the defendant didnt show up. At the time he lived in rented accomadation and i understand that to possibly still to be the case. I visited the old address and was told he moved out before the court case was heard .However he has filed a tax return shortly after the judgement from the original address. the new tenants of the property seemed to know him and were a little obstructive.

What do i have to do now, Trying to get constructive advice has repeatidly failed and CAB have not been any help at all , i think because its not a straight forward situation.

The outstanding debt is £2000.00 and he works 9-5 for a company but i think he is classed as freelance.

I'm also aware that he has gone to considerable trouble to hide his internet activity since the case.

Any ideas?

Most HCEOs will have a tracing department. You could transfer the judgment up to the High Court for £60 using form N293a.

Once a Writ is sealed the HCEO will try to enforce the matter for you. It would be helpful if you knew any assets the debtor might have e.g car etc.

Some are certainly better than others and I will let CAG give you advice on those.

The only way you would be liable for fees if is you took payment direct once you have instructed the HCEO. If you leave them to their job they could recover you your debt, court costs, interest and your £60 Writ fee. They will also recover their fees from the debtor.

First thing is you need to trace your debtor. Most of the bigger HCEOs will do this for free.

Some are certainly better than others and I will let CAG give you advice on those.

Cag is not about promoting any company you will have to do your own homework on that

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Most HCEOs will have a tracing department. You could transfer the judgment up to the High Court for £60 using form N293a.

Thanks very much.How do i find a HCEO and what could i expect to pay. Ive just googled it and am a bit affraid of getting involved with a company and ending up with huge fee's. it looks a bit of a minefield.

Cag is not about promoting any company you will have to do your own homework on that

Al I will say about looking for one is you can Google for one but beware biggest is not always best. Costs are remarkably minimal. Straightforward transfer up is £60, tracing may be extra, if for some reason they cannot help there may be an fee to pay of £60+Vat. And that should be that. A good HCEO should keep you up to date with progress.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]