• Tweets

• Hey guys,   I was using a utility supplier for 18 months. Every month, paid my direct debit on time. One day, they reviewed my account and said they had miscalculated my energy consumption and I now owe them £900.    I switched energy suppliers straight away as a consequence.    I am now being contacted by UK Search Limited by phone, email and text message. So far, I haven't responded and don't intend to.   I've checked my credit file. The account with the original utility supplier is closed and settled according to Credit Karma.    So what should I do with UK Search Limited? As far as I see it:   Completely ignore them until they go away (my preferred option) Contact them in some way and dispute the debt   I would be very grateful for any advice on how to proceed. I currently have an excellent credit score.    Thank you,  
    • Afternoon guys.   Just received the following from the dealer I purchased from:   Dear Mr Fish.   Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your car.   Unfortunately my contract of sale on this vehicle is with CarMoney Ltd and any issues or complaints will have to come from them. You can contact CarMoney on 0333 4564550 you will need your finance reference number for security.   Kind regards David Wickes GCS Cars Ltd
    • Hi  Has anyone recently had any joy with claiming or at least getting a hold of these people I got a car with them back in 99 and was definitely mis-sold PPI  Tried to claim through a 3rd party but they have said that they no longer have them on their list - I had to state Direct Auto Finance and Provident Financial who were the underwriters i believe    Really need some help    Thanks 
    • Hi,sorry .The Gararge is called Jordan Motors House Ltd. Is there any thing else you would like to know?
    • Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd   Date of issue 16/08/19.     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1. The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into a. Talk Talk telecom Ltd with reference (Account Number) and current balance 485. b. Vanquis Bank with refrence (Card Number) current balance 596 The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to claimant. and the claimant claims. a) the total of the said sums being 1080. b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the interest rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. but limited to one year, being 7 C) Costs     What is the total value of the claim? 1317   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and landline/mobile   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? card on line / landline mobile by phone   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? cant remember   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes   Why did you cease payments? on the vanquish card because my wife lost her job and at the same time so did my son so all household bills became my responsibility. the talk talk was canceled by me , due to at least two data breaches ant the mobile was canclled as it was a monthly contract I no longer needed but they carried on charging me for a further 4 months claiming I did not cancel it correctly   What was the date of your last payment? 2016   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? yes to both   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no
  • Our picks

annonboy01

Child Benifit, Following a split, still claimed by parent who wasnt looking at the child !

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2387 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

4 Months ago, my wife and I split.

I had been subject to years and financial, emotional and physical abuse, so my head wasn't in the best place, I wasnt aware of what benifits etc were being claimed , I had a budget given to me of £5 per week and that was it as far I knew anything about money, I worked and earned good money but never saw it, my ex didnt work and controlled everything.

One of our children elected to come and live with me at the time of the split.

My ex wife , then started throwing loads of disgusting ( and proven , false) allegations around , further adding to the pressure I was under.

When we left, we were not permitted to take anything with us, we had to start all over again.

In Nov, 3 weeks after the split, once I had started to get us both back on our feet, I submitted a claim for Child Benefit and child tax.

Last week I received a letter saying that my ex had not informed HMRC of a change and had still been claiming for Child Benifit from Oct until dec 24th, for the child that was no longer living with her.

I asked if there was a way I can claim this money back, as I had to buy a whole new wardrobe for our child (no goods have been returned to date and probs would no longer fit anyway) and I had been feeding etc our child since Oct but HMRC didn't seem too bothered about this and said because my ex didnt tell them , it was tough, isnt this benefit fraud ? not declaring a change ?

I have police/solicitors/cafcass reports all detailing that we both left in Oct, is there anyway I can claim the Child Benefit for the child that lived me since Oct or does my ex get to keep it all because she didnt tell them ?

I assume Child Tax will be the same but I have not yet heard from them,

Thanks Ppl.

You can appeal the decision but has to be done within one month of the letter they sent you saying you couldn't get it. She should have reported the changes. Don't think you can get child tax credits without getting child benefits. In my experience I got child benefit when I got a residency order but got told the mother would still receive it for another 12 weeks in case "anything changed". Have a look on hmrc.gov.uk website under "appealing against a child benefit decision". From what you've said I'm surprised by what they told you.

No this isn't right. If you have the child with you, you're entitled to the child benefit.

They don't seem to make any sense when it comes to benefit fraud, looks like in this case they are fine with it.

But it doesn't change the fact that you now have the child with you, so you should be claiming the child benefit. I would be asking to speak to someone higher up in that office.

Sorry, to confirm, I now have child Benifit

However it's only bring paid as of January

Not oct-dec

The months that were the most expensive, owing to having to buy my child a whole new wardrobe and toys etc

I don't think it's fair that my ex has had 12 weeks x £20 for a child that wasn'tlliving with her and it seems that she's ok to keep that money and not give it bback?

Many thanks

It isn't fair I agree, at least you're getting it now and can put a claim in for tax credits. When I applied I had to wait 12 weeks but that was 7 years ago seems its an 8 week waiting time now.

As far as I know you can't its the rules they go by, I tried and said how it was all wrong but all they said was "that's the way it works". You should apply for tax credits as soon as you can though, there is a good benefits calculator on turn2us website, put in your details and it'll work out if and how much tax credits you're entitled to then you get an idea how much you should get when you a put a claim in.

Thanks, it seems crazy, I always thought failing to notify a change equals benefits fraud tbh, but I thank you for your time

I submitted tax credits at the same time as child benefit, do ill chase them today

Unfortunately unless Social Services were involved to state that your child was now in your care then what has happened is correct, the other parent has an entitlement to claim and continue receiving the child benefit and tax credits for a maximum of 8 weeks following the child leaving their home.

The only other way around it was for the other parent to write a letter relinquishing child benefit in favour of yourself at that time.

Child Tax Credits will only become payable after the award of child benefit in your nane.