style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As it's fast approaching, I thought you might like a little reminder:

Basic pancake batter.

For 8-10 pancakes

Ingredients.

4oz plain flour

pinch salt

1 egg

½pt milk

Method.

Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon make a hollow in the centre of the flour

and drop in the lightly beaten egg. Slowly pour half the milk into the flour, gradually work the flour into

the milk.

When all the flour is incorporated, beat the mixture with a wooden spoon, whisk, or rotary beater, until

it becomes smooth and free of lumps.

Allow it to stand for a few minutes. Then add the remaining milk, beating continually until the batter is

bubbly and has the consistency of single cream

Pancakes with lemon and sugar are traditionally served on Shrove Tuesday.

More Recipes

can not stand them

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

lmao, do not eat them

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

:lol:

Can't wait- I love pancakes. Gotta be with loads of lemon and sugar though.

Thanks Conniff x

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

I like the thick pancakes (dropped scones) with fruit and ice cream or butter and jam mmmm

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Gimme the big fluffy American pancakes any day drenched in maple syrup x

Yep, that's the ones I make :)

(they're actually the Scottish pancakes recipe)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Here you go :

SCOTCH PANCAKES

8 oz self raising flour

4 oz sugar

4 eggs

milk

Maple Syrup, Chocolate sauce + ice cream + fruit etc for toppings!!

Put the flour and sugar into a large bowl.

In another bowl put 1/2 pintmilk and 4 eggs and beat together untilfrothy.

Add the milk and egg mixture tothe flour and sugar, Beat well untilbubbles form. The consistency should be like thick custard – (quite thick butstill runny). You'll probably need toadd more milk.

Warm the frying pan (8” size)slightly on the cooker. Wipe the basewith a little butter and when hot drop a good measure (2 - 3 tablespoons) ofthe mixture into the pan keeping the heat fairly low. When bubbles start to appear and burst on the top, turnover. The pancake should start to riseup. When you see that the mixture aroundthe side is no longer liquid, the pancake is ready!! (the first one is never asgood as the rest – don’t know why!!) Wipe the pan with butter between each pancake.

Recipes for mania. Diabetic version please.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Recipes for mania. Diabetic version please.

Replace the sugar with splenda ? ( or some other sugar substitute )

Replace the sugar with splenda ? ( or some other sugar substitute )

There are tons of recipes including diabetic pancakes on my forum and all written by a top chef who will answer any questions or put up a recipe that you request.

Have a look - Uk National Forums Recipes Yumee

:lol:

OK Thank you for that. Im still trying to wrap my head around things.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.