Another very customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

erm... using your printer?

LOL I know on my printer,just meant I will have to fiddle with it to get it to A4 size as last time I printed it wasnt all on the A4 size paper.

have you done the FOS questionaire for the PPI No can you lead me to it please

and two covering letters for the PPI & the Charges No to this to is their a standard letter I can follow or not

dx

Thanks for the help

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are using open office aren't you or excel?

fos cq for the PPI is here:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

chose your PPI covering letter: [adapt as necessary]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re:

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which i believe was mis-sold to me in relation to my

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· The PPI was added without my knowledge..

· You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

This letter is in respect of the above account that was issued by

Yours faithfully

or

The Complaints Department

[Lender’s address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref – policy number

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx loan/credit card at your [branch name] branch on [date] and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. [The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is …] The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ xxxx.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

Possible additional paragraphs – include any which apply to you

[i also told your salesperson that I had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.]

[i said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides a generous illness and redundancy package.]

[You are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in the quoted interest rate, which you did not do.]

[in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.]

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

as for charges [adappt too]

Account number

Dear Sir/Madam

I recently became aware of media reports on the investigation into credit card charges by the Office of Fair Trading.

I now understand that the regime of fees which you had applied to my account in relation to late and over limit charges

are unlawful at Common Law & under both Statute and Consumer regulation as they do not represent a genuine pre-estimate of your actual costs, but more a fixed PENALTY.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that this account was opened.

It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law

and in consideration of fair business practices and good faith.

It is my contention that you have failed to operate my account in a manner conducive to the above and have demonstrated a lack of fiduciary duty.

I calculate that you have taken £240.00 plus £878.70 which you have charged me in interest which totals £1,118.70.

Therefore this letter demands a refund of all PENALTY charges indicated including interest to the date you settled,

As the account concerned is closed, I request that payment is made directly to me, either by cheque or by BACS transfer.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours Faithfully

Enc; Schedule of charges

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

all that you can

you dont have to fill in ALL of it.

where you dont know or cannot answer us N/A

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good well done

dont expect it to be a walk in the park though.

staple or paperclip the two 'claims' up

one claim

FOS CQ+PPI SOC+PPI letter

other

SOC+charge complaint letter

both can go in the same envelope though.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Right what now Very only recieved my paperwork a few days ago so they haveny had time to sort that,but after a telephone conversation where the £100 a month was agreed,and I also raised about the PPI and late payments charges,I recieved a letter today telling me they are not going to do anything about the PPI or the admin charges.Where do I go from here.

scan it up

dx

and they

need to see the exact letter

dx

and they

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

sure

and they

that s a typical fob off letter

our processes were correct and fool proof

no ACTUAL evidence

as for the charges

the oft did not say £12 was acceptable neither does UTCCR

and they

So whats my next move

I have never recieved any paper work in relation to the PPI as they state

so thats a load of rubbish for starters.

Should I write asking for written proof that they sent me upgrade letters

and as for the admin charges what do I do next.

They seem to have an answer for everything,

and have me tied in knots.

I felt exactly thats what it was a fob off letter.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/product_news/insurance/payment_protection_insurance_/claim-back-ppi

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?378821-LloydsTSB-Loan-PPi&p=4120422&highlight=ppi+success#post4120422

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

May I remind you that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to service charges and administration charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I will again draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am disgusted that you have continued to operate my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Also, due to the stress and time ive taken out to try and resolve this matter with you, I will be reclaiming £xxxx . Total £XXXXX

Additionally, you have AGAIN entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you, or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above credited to my account, I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require my account is cleared in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 12 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my extra costs, without further notice.

Also, I wrote to you by Recorded Delivery ( Ref ***********) on ********, 2011 asking for a copy of the above agreement together with the relevant information under Section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, enclosing the statutory payment of £1.00. This letter was delivered and signed for on ***** , 2011.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enters into a default situation. This occurred on *******, 2011. If the request is not satisfied after a further calendar month, your company commits an offence. Therefore on *******, 2011 this time limit will have expired.

I have still not received a true copy of the agreement as required by S78 Consumer Credit Act 1974, just a blank copy of an agreement on which your company has hand printed my name and an incorrect address. As such I can only assume that no contract was ever signed by me. As you are no doubt aware.

A credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and is therefore a complete defense to any court claim that is issued.

Please take note that any legal action you may contemplate will be vigorously defended and contested.

Furthermore your actions arguably do not comply with the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) debt collection Guidelines of July 2003, in that you have ?communicated in an inaccurate or misleading manner (section 2.1) by ?presenting information in that it creates a false or misleading impression? and ?failing to provide information on the status of debts?.

Should you nevertheless choose to initiate legal proceedings against me, I will expect to receive, with any*letter before action, a copy of the document that you will be relying on as proof that a properly executed agreement, complying in all respects with the form and content requirements of the CCA was signed by myself in respect of this alleged debt.

What I require from you,

I require you with immediate effect to ensure that all data held by you regarding the alleged agreement/debt is removed from any and all Credit Reference Agency database with immediate effect.

Ensure that all data held by you regarding myself is fully destroyed.

Ensure that all correspondence is made in writing.

I require written confirmation of the above together with a quarterly statement that no data has been processed by you regarding myself.

Should you fail to comply:

• Failure to comply with my request under the Data Protection Act 1998 will result in the matter being referred to the Information Commissioner.

• Failure to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 will cause me to refer the matter to the Office of Fair Trading, and Trading Standards.

• Failure to comply with the requirements Office of Fair Trading guidelines will lead to a report being submitted to that body.

• Any telephone contact will generate a complaint for harassment to the police under The Harrassment Act.

• If you fail to comply with any or all of the above I reserve the right to take action against you without further contact.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 12 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

Also, as this account is in despute, and you have decided to pass the debt onto a debt collection agency, Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As you, fashion world, are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act agreement request and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is to not be passed onto a debt collection agency for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as a debt collection agency cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If you choose to ignore my dispute and assign a debt collection agency, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines.

What I expect - I expect to receive a response from you within 12 working days from the date of this letter, my account balance cleared in full and removal of the default notice . If you do not comply fully , I will per sue my above actions immediately.

---End Quote---

read digest and adapt all of the above.

dx

and they

• 4 months later...

Hi all sorry not been on for ages.

Did all the above was totally harassed and still being harassed

.Phone calls started again today

,got absolutely nowhere on previous occasions

.I have been paying the agreed £100 per month

,this has now been revoked and the phone calls started again

.I want to continue with the £100 payments scheme but now they are telling me for a late payment I will pay £36 this debt is growing,not shrinking.

Im at the end of my rope with Very.

Said I had no claim for interest charges,late payments and no missold PPI,it seems

I cant win whatever I do.

scan up their replies of refusal of your claims please

dx

and they

I have mislaid their final letter,but basically it said they had looked into my claims but upheld the decision I did sign for PPI although they have not given me evidence of any signed document. Although I paid the monies for all my records I only recieved those dated from 2009 and I was with them from about 1998 approx. They seem to have me over the proverbial barrell. :-x

then you need to push them for the written evidence##they cant just say it without documentary PROOF

fob off letter

do not give up

dx

and they