VCS ANPR PCN : No stopping Liverpool Airport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am just looking for some advice on where I stand on a recent parking (if you would call it that) charge notice I received.

I am a private hire Taxi driver in Liverpool (DELTA), on dropping a fare off at John Lennon Airport, I exited the designated drop off point (5mins free, after 5 mins you must pay. As you can imagine there isn't a whole lot of time to collect money, unload car then do what I need to do before taking another job).

Heading out of the airport, away from anything that may be deemed dangerous, I pulled over for exactly 76 seconds (Yay for VCS sending out a picture time stamped..). The reason being I was putting my money in to my box, clearing the job and accepting another.

I am now being told that the charge now payable is £60.00 within 14days, if failure to do so it will be £100.00. Like most people, I refuse to handover my hard earned money unless it is completely justifiable. I would understand if I had cost them money, or parked in the car park for three hours and miraculously lifted my car over the barriers. But I haven't!

If it helps;

Contravention Date: 01/12/2012

Issue Date of This Notice: 30/01/2013

No Stopping/Waiting in Restricted Areas or Roadways

Any input on these cowboys would be greatly appreciated, I am ideally going to appeal it as, to be honest, I am disgusted that they want £60.00! I have had two fines in the four year's I have been driving and it has always been £30, then doubled if you do not pay within their time limits.

Obviously I do not want any CCJ's arriving through my door with a sickening bill nor any black marks against my name, so if I am best paying this then your opinion matters greatly.

When appealing, does the content in which I write have any weight in their decision, are there any key phrases I should throw in?

Regards,

Lowercase

Welcome to the club of receiving ever increasing begging letters asking for some money!

Ignore them no point in appealing as no such thing and would only be giving them information about you

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Have a look at this thread and especially the bits about VCS being found up the creek without a paddle on one of the rare occasions where they tried to take somebody to court http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?366439-Vehicle-control-systems-liverpool-airport

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

• 2 months later...

Hi All, i recieved a fine from these in March this year at Liverpool Airport, i sent an appeal via email and they replied 2 weeks later saying i was unsuccessful. I am going to take the advice i have found here and on loads of other threads and simply ignore them, i will update if and when i recieve more from them.....

• 2 months later...
hi i have just recieved a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors saying i have 14 days to pay £160 or they will pass the matter over to their solicitors graham white....do i stick this out and still ignore???

Hi Kilty65 and Lowercase. Im from Liverpool originally and always use Delta on return.

Look around the internet and you can see a lot of helpful advice.

Graham White Solicitors is nothing more than a desk in the building of Roxburge with photocopied signatures of their only solicitor Michael Sobell on template threatograms manned by a paralegal.

Do not engage... ignore...

If on the off chance it went further to Northampton County Court Papers, I cant really see sobell coming to liverpool aged 76

Do not engage or say anything, any further correspondence come back to me as weve had dealings with these clowns and won twice in court. In fact Roxburghe have had to close their 'account' with us and are not allowed to contact us whatsoever........Now theres a result........Anyone heard of a debt collectors that are barred from contacting you! lol :-):violin::violin::violin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys....doing research on vcs and came across this thread as it's essentially a replica of my situation. I too drive a delta and also stopped for approx 1 minute on exiting the drop off area on the exit off the first roundabout...any advice would be greatly appreciated...I would like to know how lowercase is getting on if hes still reading here

Hi guys....doing research on vcs and came across this thread as it's essentially a replica of my situation. I too drive a delta and also stopped for approx 1 minute on exiting the drop off area on the exit off the first roundabout...any advice would be greatly appreciated...I would like to know how lowercase is getting on if hes still reading here

Hi dangerscouse, can you give me further details on what happened and any correspondence so far please... Be sure NOT to include your personal details, Reg number etc.

Cheers

Hi and thx scouse magic...being new to the forum it says I cant pm a user apart from staff until I have 30 posts...I can take a photo with my fone and email it? Or send via Skype

Hi there, No you dont need to do that.

What I meant was post here with a brief description of what happened and remove identifiable personal information.

What I was looking for is who is the private parking company involved and what basically are they asking you for? and why?

Hi there, No you dont need to do that.

What I meant was post here with a brief description of what happened and remove identifiable personal information.

What I was looking for is who is the private parking company involved and what basically are they asking you for? and why?

Ok so its a.company vcs who have sent me a 60£ for the same scenario as lawless above. I dropped off in the short stay ( am also a taxi)...I exited the drop off area tgen on the exit of the first roundabout just before the dual carriageway I pulled over for literally 1 min...I didnt even see any signs or nothing. ..am also following a thread on trip adviser wer a poster quotes 2 judges who ruled vcs arnt in a position toeven issue contracts...am also on the road atm so cant post letter pic but will do asap

Edited by dangerscouse

Ok so its a.company vcs who have sent me a 60£ for the same scenario as lawless above. I dropped off in the short stay ( am also a taxi)...I exited the drop off area tgen on the exit of the first roundabout just before the dual carriageway I pulled over for literally 1 min...I didnt even see any signs or nothing. ..am also following a thread on trip adviser wer a poster quotes 2 judges who ruled vcs arnt in a position toeven issue contracts...am also on the road atm so cant post letter pic but will do asap[/QUTE]

Hi There thanks for that.... This one seems quite simple, they are sending you a speculative invoice to a person that provides a service for Airport Users......

VCS do not own the land, let them take you to court and state your case if it comes to that, and remind the court of their previous conduct in VCS Vs Ibbottson and VCS Vs HMRC as we all await if Mr Simon Renshaw Smith actually brought his toothbrush......You'll never walk alone my friend :brushteeth::brushteeth::brushteeth:

We will all help you, dont be afraid

There is supposedly a claim being issued for this exact same contravention posted over on MSE but trying to get information from the poster is proving difficult.

I would love to see the POC for this one, what on earth could they be suing for, for a few seconds/minutes stop??

VCS have now spread out into the adjoining industrial estate which was built on the site of the original airport. Same restrictions no stopping, VCS/Excel do seem well liked by Peel holdings??

There is supposedly a claim being issued for this exact same contravention posted over on MSE but trying to get information from the poster is proving difficult.

I would love to see the POC for this one, what on earth could they be suing for, for a few seconds/minutes stop??

VCS have now spread out into the adjoining industrial estate which was built on the site of the original airport. Same restrictions no stopping, VCS/Excel do seem well liked by Peel holdings??

If this goes to court which I doubt it will, the Judge will deal with these clowns as was the case in my cases... These ppcs should be jailed

If this goes to court which I doubt it will, the Judge will deal with these clowns as was the case in my cases... These ppcs should be jailed

This makes me confident to definitely appeal as av also read up on mse and pepipo. What I am worried about is will I be trapped inside the dropzone when I next drop a fare off as I believe they use anpr system

This makes me confident to definitely appeal as av also read up on mse and pepipo. What I am worried about is will I be trapped inside the dropzone when I next drop a fare off as I believe they use anpr system

Hello again my friend....Appeal Nothing ......it will fall on deaf ears.....there is nothing to appeal, their is no debt, there is no contract, i would not even engage in any form of communication with this company.Only if you get official Northampton County court documents then get back on here where there will be plenty of excellent advice.. I doubt very much that you will given the circumstances you describe... You may get a few more threat ograms off them....no judge in the land will entertain VCS who are already on very dodgy ground..... Best Wishes to all Deltas

• 1 year later...

I have been in contact with Vehicle control services through regular letters all asking me for money for a so called parking offence at Liverpool Airport on 9th September 2013 at 1am. Through all of this hassle I have tried to stay calm and am refusing to pay any fine levied ( if that is what they call it ). I have had letters from a firm called Roxburgh threatening me with all sorts. I have recently had a similar type letter from a firm of solicitors called Gladstones which I am ignoring and can only assume that either they will give up or take me to court , if they do can someone give me advice as to which way to go. I would rather relish my day in court.

I have been in contact with Vehicle control services through regular letters all asking me for money for a so called parking offence at Liverpool Airport on 9th September 2013 at 1am. Through all of this hassle I have tried to stay calm and am refusing to pay any fine levied ( if that is what they call it ). I have had letters from a firm called Roxburgh threatening me with all sorts. I have recently had a similar type letter from a firm of solicitors called Gladstones which I am ignoring and can only assume that either they will give up or take me to court , if they do can someone give me advice as to which way to go. I would rather relish my day in court.

Start your own thread, detail your own circumstances and what contact has been made between you and VCS please.

• 3 weeks later...

The taxi drivers at Liverpool airport regularly get tickets from VCS. Their guy sits in a white van, like a spider in a web ready to pounce. They just laugh at him and say " see you in Court ". That guy issues upto 100 tickets a day - including some to the airport's own staff.