Shafted by Virgin Media following a change in services

mickrick
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I contacted VM in November to ask for a change from their V+ box to a Tivo box as we were on our 4th faulty V+ box. The first person I spoke to was in the Indian call centre. He told me this would be no problem and it would actually mean a substantial reduction on our current package price and we would get to keep our V+ box as a second box, replacing the aging Samsung SD box we had. However, when he said it would cost £25 to have the Tivo box installed, I was put through to Retentions as I felt we shouldn't have to pay this due to all the issues we had had with the V+ boxes.

The girl from retentions agreed to waive the £25 charge and also said there would be a substantial reduction in our monthly package price, and quoted a £15 reduction. The Tivo box was installed a couple of days later, but the engineer said he had to install an ordinary HD box, not V+. As we were told that we would have a V+ box as our second box, I called VM and they sent an engineer out to install this.

However, this month I noticed our services had gone up to £69 pounds, an increase of £8 on our previous charge. I rang VM last night and they said it was noted on their system that our sevices were to be £64 pm following the Tivo install, an increase of £3. He said there was no mention of a £15 reduction anywhere.

It looks like we have been shafted by VM as we cannot prove we were told our services would be reduced.

Is there anything we can do?

Yes you can send thme a sar and request a transcript of the call - would help if you included day and time of call

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...

You could always ask them to revert you back to a V+ Box and remove your additional box, going back to how it was before you blagged a free TivO :)

Thanks

- Hobbie

--------------------------------------------------------

Under no circumstances should you speak with a Debt Collections Agency via telephone, request that all future correspondence is done in writing, a letter template for this can be located here.

Any views expressed are solely that of my own, any advice or information offered is provided in genuine good faith, and should be checked prior to acting upon.

You could always ask them to revert you back to a V+ Box and remove your additional box, going back to how it was before you blagged a free TivO :)

Well it wasn't really "blagged" as I had explained to them that I was disabled following a serious accident, out of work and couldn't afford to pay the installation charge, plus we had had major problems with all the V+ boxes we had from them. I'm still paying for the Tivo though, so I don't know where you got the "free" part from.

Edited by 42man