Debt managers/Arrow - Shop Direct (Carval)

TheLion
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a voice-text last week from these muppets and just received a letter.

The only debts that I have outstanding are being paid pro-rata and the rest are unenforceable. And by unenforceable I mean that I have written proof stating that all debt collection activity has been ceased, accounts have been closed and that they are unenforceable.

Don't even know who these scumbags are. Any advice? Appart from 'don't contact them' :-)

you need to be a wee bit cautious

these are process servers as well as tracing agent and DMP providers.

which debt ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Debt Collection/tracing agency and debt purchaser based in Edinburgh

Often involved in chasing old possibly statute barred accounts.

Just wait until they write.

Check your credit reference files it may give a clue to what they're chasing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

They do not identify any 'debt' dx. Only that they are acting continuing their 'clients' recent investigations :noidea:

No 'client' is identified and they also refer to said information being obtained via a credit reference agency. Just checked Experian and no searches have been made.

Very vague I know but it's all I have to go on.

Hmm, could be a phishing trip, IMO I would leave until they come up with any factual evidence, and as this isn't on your CRF's then that just makes me think you have a common name/surname.

But for their deliberate vagueness a copy of their letter could go to the OFT&TS, a bit par for the course really.

Was that voice text on your landline??

If so, you can disable that rather annoying feature, half the time I could never understand what they were saying, two seconds....

I don't like receiving BT Text messages on my landline – how can I opt-out?Dial 0800 587 5252 (the text message options line for BT) – you must dial this from the landline you want to stop receiving text messages on.

• Please listen carefully to the initial recording, which will then give you 5 options to amend the curfew period on your line (so you don't receive texts or text to speech messages).
  • You can either set a curfew between specific times of the day or you can opt-out of receiving text messages altogether.

During the call you will be presented with the following curfew options;

• Standard curfew: turn off messages sent between 11pm to 8am
  • Watershed curfew: turn off messages sent between 9pm to 9am
  • Late night curfew: turn off messages sent between Midnight and 6am
  • Turn off receiving ALL messages
  • Anytime (no curfew): allows you to receive text to speech messages at anytime of the day or night

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Cancelled the 'sms text messaging system' on the land-line as Bazooka Boo stated.

Received a letter from Debt mis-Managers (Services) Ltd today. It states that they are collecting on behalf of their client 'Arrow - Shop Direct (Carval). And that the alleged outstanding balance is £177.59.

I have checked, once again, my Experian file and there is a Shop Direct on there but this was resolved over four years ago. The ammount owing is higher and I have a letter from them stating that they will not enforce due to the lack of a Consumer Credit Agreement.

After checking my own records at home I do have one other Shop Direct outstanding, not listed on my Credit File, and for a higher ammount again. As before it dates from over four years ago and I have a letter stating that they will not enforce due to the lack of a Consumer Credit Agreement.

I am not aware of any other debts outstanding with Shop Direct. And could state 99.9% that there has never been anyother debt.

So what Debt mis-Managers are stating makes no sense at all. They have even stated that they are going to send an agent from 'Call Serve' to my house to discuss repayment.

Any advice?

You don't have to talk to any itinerant agent from a DCA, if they do call tell them to leave immediately, don't answer security questions.

Send them a CCA request.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The trouble is BRIGADIER2JCS that by sending them a CCA request surely they can just doctor one up to suit. If, as I believe, the alleged debt does not exist then they can create whatever fantasy they like.

I will send them a letter with regard to the 'doorstep visit' as listed on the site, but do you really believe that they will be truthful with regard to anny CCA request?

IMHO i would ignore them

you play letter tennis

they'll think they have found a mug

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No they can if it is required produce a ''reconstituted'' agreement that merely satisfies the sections 77/78 CCA request.

The other alternative is a SAR to the original creditor, if you don't do the CCA and or the SAR you will NOT find out anything about the alleged debt and go on playing letter tennis for ever.

I can honestly state that I have no outstanding debt with Shop Direct, bar the two previously stated, that I can remember for atleast the last thirteen years. We have been at our previous address for over five years now and brought are old debts with us.

Surely this would mean that any alleged debt that they are alluding too would be Statute Barred.

It's possible that it could be.

I suggest you try this letter it acknowledges nothing and cannot restart the 6 year SB clock.

Fao The Compliance Mnager

Debt Mnagers.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir/Madam.

I refer to your correspondence dated xx xx xxxx in which you claim I owe a debt for £xxx .xx originally owed to xxxxxxxxxxx, please note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Debt Managers or any company you may claim to represent.

I must however thank you for prompting me to review my credit history, this has led me to conclude that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer payment in regard to the alleged debt.

Should Debt Managers wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt I remind you that the onus of providing unequivocal proof of the status of the alleged debt falls wntirely on Debt Managers.

You will now cease to process all data relating to me and remove it from your records.

For your information I am fully aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/ updated November 2012 and in particular the sectins regarding the pursuit of Statute Barred Debt.

This is my FINAL RESPONSE.

Send RD and check delivery date.

• Confused 1

Who is the alleged 'original creditor'? And how would I contact them, if it's Shop Direct, about an account that I have no recollection of for atleast the last thirteen years, no reference for etcetera. Shop Direct are a big group. All I can see is me wasting £10+ in money that I cannot aford to do so.

My wife recently did that with Robberscum. She paid £10 to Shop Direct for a SAR on an account that she knew, Robberscum knew and Shop Direct knew did not exist. Only to prove herself right in the end and make Shop Direct £10 better off.

UPDATE:

Received a reply from Debt mis-Managers today:

• They state that the account was passed to them on 10.01.13
  • They have included a copy of their complaints procedure.
  • They state that they 'act in good faith' and that they were 'unaware of any ongoing dispute'.
  • They state that they will contact me back when they receive a reply from Arrow Global.
    They state that they will not send around a 'doorstep collector' though I can take them up on their offer as it is free!!!

What a laugh!!! I had never heard of Arrow Global until Debt mis-Managers sent me their previous letter. And as for 'ongoing dispute', wht the hell are they reffering to?! How can I dispute something, prior to my last letter, that I have never owed, to a company that I have never heard of or from!!!

I did make sure to warn them under the Protection from Harrassment Act 1997. Hopefully this will do something. And I also informed them that I am a veteran who suffers with PTSD, Fibromyalgia, IBS and acid reflux/dyspepsia. Not that I think that they will care at all.

I am slightly relieved by the fact that their doorstep collection service is FREE!!! I would hate to have to pay for it :-x

Don't divulge such personal information to them they have no need to be told of such, plus they couldn't care less.

As for telling them about the PHA1997, they just laugh at that and all other legislation because they know they'll never get done with it, have a read of the late Beryl Brazier incident, and you will see that the very same companies are still operating today with out a care in the world for their actions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-484772/Grandmother-terrorised-death-bank-wrongly-hounded-16-000.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes BRIGADIER, it was their reply.

What a bunch of morons.

Give me a few minutes and I will draft a reply for you.

Ok this letter goes to Mr. Rob Walker, Head of Operations at Debt Managers by recorded delivery.

Ref: use theirs.

Dear Mr. Walker,

I am in receipt of a letter dated xx xx xxxx in regard to an alleged debt that DM Ltd. Claims I owe to Arrow Global, I fail to undertstand how your company claims to act ''in good faith'' on this matter.

Debt Managers Ltd have been informed as laid down in the OFTs Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 that any such debt is statute barred any no payments will be made, the matter is quite simple and easily resolved if Debt Managers Ltd closes the file on this alleged debt and returns it to the client forthwith.

Take note no further correspondence will be entered into.

OK.

Thank you BRIGADIER. Will get that sent off, recorded, first thing in the morning.

Good luck keepus posted please.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a reply from Debt mis-Managers. They state that Arrow Global have instructed them to return the alleged account to them. They also state that they have closed the alleged account and will not be pursuing it any more.

Hopefully this will be the last that I hear from them.

Thank you BRIGADIER for all of the assistance and letter templates.