Wonga FinancialAssessment and collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nope. The bank are fobbing you off. Have a read of the Continuous Payment Authority sticky on this forum youll see what i mean.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been trying to get the CPA revoked over the phone (recording the conversation and asking written confirmation via mail), but it seems Natwest know nothing about CPA. CS asked her supervisor and after several holds, they transfered me to Visa debit resolution team. what the heck?

I am going to the branch today. My question is can I go to any natwest branch or do i need to go to my registered branch? (my registered branch is a little far away and there is another natwest branch thats a little closer)

Never use the phone. Put it in a letter and hand it in person.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

need your help now guys. Wonga again contacted me via phone. It was a local number so didnt know it was them. Googled the number before picking up, nothing. Answered it and was surprised it was wonga. Anyways, same story. They are willing to agree to any amount of monthly payment obviously. But she said that "your credit record will obviously say something like a "payment arrangement" was made. Credit record has to say something. It wont say you defaulted on your loan. It will say we reached a payment arrangement as it has to say something and its a good thing as it shows you made regular payments". Bloddy hell. I told her I would pay £150 per month if my credit record didnt say anything and she said she will be happy to accept £150/m but they credit record has to say something. I told her i would get back to her later today via email as i need to get some advise first.

So basically, if "payment arrangement" is just as bad why would I want to go out of my way to ask family and friends to contribute to the loan payments when my credit record wont be saved anyways. Its the same as defaulting only you end up paying everything and it still implied you defaulted. I am thinking about making just £20/month payments now just like others on this forum. At least I can afford that on my own without getting others involved to just fill Wonga's pockets for nothing.

I told her I paid a lot of interest on my last loan as well and probably had paid wonga much more than I had owed in the first place but nothing worked and the credit file "has to say something and payment arrangement is a good thing".

So pls advise how to proceed now. She probabaly has put something like "willing to pay £150/month" on the file and maybe when they contect me again, they will ask for that. But I m going to reject it and say I can only afford £20/month.

I didnt sign anything or didnt agree to any arragement yet so am entitled to "recalculate" my expenses/income so to speak.

[before you say anything, i tired to ask her to contact me via email only but she wouldnt hang up and was very polite. She said "tell me your terms and I will deal with them now" and had to be polite as well and told her what i wanted and that i still need a written email confirmation. Hopefully, i didnt make any mistakes. Its been over a month and i want to get it resolved quickly].

Ignore whatever they say on the phone. tell them to bugger off and everything is in writing. SImple as that. Your main problem is that you are talking to them on the phone and letting them run rings around you. They will NEVER put what they say on the phone into writing.

If you absolutely feel you must talk to them on the phone, then make sure YOU record the full call. You dont need to tell them that you are recording it.

I am trying my best to not attend their call. I have made several complaints over the past month. But now when they call my parents landline (though i admit i have to enter their landline number as their online account asks for one. BUT they do have my mobile!) and the number is a local number of the area where I live and not 08XX, what choice do i have. Still i tried my best to not reach an agreement over the phone. They kept insisting, once i reach it over the phone, I will receive an email then confirming my monthly payment amount. If she rings tomorrow, I am just going to tell her that if she doesnt reply to my email and persists on calling, I will lodge another complaint. But TBH what can i do? Already made the complaints.

I keep telling them that I have already made complaints against them but they they keep insisting if i dont want to deal over the phone then interest will keep adding. I told her its only adding cos they havent replied to my proposed plan for a month. She said well she is contacting me now cos of that repayment plan.

I have already done the CPA as you advised with my bank.

My plan now is:

To get a new payment plan agreed to at a reduced monthly payment of say £20/month.

Hence, I told them i will send a new repayment plan today after discussing this with an advisor. I told them I need to reach an agreement via email and not phone. I know the advisor bit was my failure but she was willing to accept my old repayment plan at around £150/month payments but I wanted to propose a NEW plan at £30/month as now we know they are going to mark the credit file anyways with "payment arrangement". She did say if I dont deal with her now, interest is going to accrue further. I told her its only accruing cos they havent replied to my proposed plan for a month and she has caught me at a wrong time and I cant just agree on anything without going over it so what difference will a day make when they havent replied to my plan for a month. She said well she is contacting me now cos of that repayment plan. I told her I will only be repaying the original amount i owed until i sent in my repayment plan and not any interest accrued on it during the days wonga failed to reply. Anyway, she didnt say anything, just kept quoting the amount i need to repay (including the illegally accrued interest) and just kept insisting i start repayment now to prevent further accrual.

Like i said, plan is to send in a new repayment plan and not get the old one agreed to now. I am thinking about sending in a £20/ motnh mini-to-the-point email stating thats all i can afford.

"my circumstances have changed as I am currently seeking employment. I am in the process of going to a debt management plan however, I wondered if you would be so kind to accept a repayment offer with myself. I believe the repayment from a debt management would offer you 10 pound per month and I am wondering if you will accept 30 pound per month on the loan. I will increase these £30 monthly payments as soon as I find employment. "

Hopefully, they will accept it via email. If they dont, I will record the phone conversation fully. What do you think?

If they are using different numbets like that then you MUST make a full complaint to the oft.

what i will do is send u a full complaint via pm and then once you approve i will send it to OFT. For now, my priority is to send in a new monthly payment plan with a lower amount by today so they wont have an excuse that i am delaying anything. What do u think about my above to-the-point plan?

(by full complaint i meant date, times and the whole shabang. but for now i need to reach an agreement with them.)

Just keep sending the email. You still need to get that complaint in. Make sure you tell the OFT that they are refusing to come to an agreement despite you showing you cannot afford the repayments.

If we have to, we'll issue wonga a formal complaint, remind them that they have already been sanctioned for breaching OFT guidance, and then let the FOS handle it.

Make sure you get those complaints going. Head the one to Wonga "formal complaint". This gives them 8 weeks to sort the complaint, or you can pass it to the FOS.