Wonga FinancialAssessment and collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember when completing the I&E form, they will ask for your other 'non priority debts' but the essential expenditure section is more important. Be realistic, but don't leave yourself short.

got it. I am communicating with them via email only and not filling out any forms. They have replied via email offering a repayment plan and I have replied back asking for written proof and waiting on that. Hopefully, I wont need to fill that dreaded I&E form at all and they will agree to my terms.

Get those complaints going. Regarding the I&E form, if it is anything more than simplistic, dont fill it in. They have no right to know that info. It may get you an easier repayment plan, but they are known for passing around your details to other PDL's and even DCA's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

taking your advise renegade. not filling the form and only communicating via email. So far it has worked and they have offered a repayment plan via email like i said above. will let you know when/if they reply to my email within 1-2 days. if not, another complaint will be going their way.

Agree with Jamie. Don't use wongas form, use your own. Just write a very simple list of your incomings and expenditure and tell them if they dont like it, tough luck.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

just wanted to update since its been a few days - well exchanged many emails with wonga. Basically, they asked me to call, I told them I need a reply in writing (email). Dont know why its so hard for them to fathom. I told them that they are using delay tactics and its been nearly 3 weeks and this still hasnt been resolved. Complained one more time but still waiting. Hopefully, this time they will realise that to reach an agreement they will have to first agree on the terms in writing. Really disappointed that it has taken so many email to get this across, yet it seems they still dont get it.

Ok. IF they try to stall again, issue a formal complaint with wonga, and also complain to the OFT.

thing is I already did when you told me to make the complaints last time. seems like no one cares. they proposed a repayment plan i m sort of happy with so just trying to get that agreed to for the time being without looking stupid trying to make complaint after complaint. but it really is depressing that they are taking before just to reply yes or no and always want me to call when i tell them I am serious about only receiving an email reply. Will wait a day or two and then see where we are.

They are pushing their luck, hoping you will back down and cower to their demands. Remember, it is your legal right to have all correspondance in writing, no matter what they say. If they wont follow your instructions, then tough luck to them.

If they are still refusing a repayment plan, grab their bank details, and pay what you can when you can. Send them an email informing them of this. They cant refuse it.

understood. I will wait two days then get their bank details etc. Waiting 2 days cos I want to resolve it with them so they will stop the "hijack" of my account. Basically, they are taking anything I have in my bank account.

do u know how i can stop them from charging my debit cards (they have 2 cards). I dont want to involve the bank cos my account balance is near 0 cos of wonga taking everything i deposit and I feel a little ashamed. IF it were direct debit, i would have cancelled it via online banking but how do i deal with cards. This is the main reason I want to resolve it with them first so my bank accounts become usable again.

Edited by kriket1

You can write to wonga and revoke all permission for them to debit your card/account. Under law they must comply. However, it is much easier writing a letter to your bank. Don't worry about being ashamed. It is NONE of your banks business what you do with your money. They are there to keep hold of it until you need it. Thats all.

You can write to wonga and revoke all permission for them to debit your card/account. Under law they must comply. However, it is much easier writing a letter to your bank. Don't worry about being ashamed. It is NONE of your banks business what you do with your money. They are there to keep hold of it until you need it. Thats all.

I see. Can i do this with my bank via online banking. I dont have phone banking yet. But you have put me on the right track. I will try to do some research.

Not advisable. Write the letter out, then take it direct to your nearest branch. Get it copies, signed, stamped and dated. Keep the copy, they keep the original. They can say whatever they like then. They would be breaking the law if they let any money out.

Also, you could look into a letter of appropriation which is guaranteed to secure your money for your bills.

renegade, wonga just seems to keep proposing newer repayment plans with bigger monthly payments as the interest on the account continues to accrue while they delay replying to the previous repayment plan that was being negotiated.

The email is from the same dept. I am dealing with now customercare@wonga.

I am thinking of replying again and saying I am not going to pay a penny more than the initial amount I owe, since it is their fault that we havent reached an agreement in nearly 3 weeks. How can they keep proposing newer repayment plan when I had already accepted their last one and am just waiting on them to send a written response to the terms.

I am worried as my complaints are not being answered and the interest will spiral completely out of control by the time they get their act together and I may then find it difficult to reach an agreement for a lower sum.

PLease advise how to go about it now. Complaints are not doing the job, interest keeps accruing, repayment plan not being responded to. What a mess. I want them to stop sending letters to my house. They havent. I told them this is harrassment and I lodged an official complaint. Complaint email was sent to all three of their depts. a week ago.

What a mess.

Let wonga propose whatever they want. It doesnt mean you have to pay them what they say. You only pay what you can realistically afford. Even a court would 100% side with you if wonga were stupid enough to go that far.

What you need to do now is write a formal complaint to wonga, and get a full complaint into the OFT as well. Dont worry if wonga doesnt answer your complaint. The formal complaint will put the debt into dispute and after 8 weeks, or if they issue a final response you can take it to the FOS.

The key thing is you get those complaints in, and you head them FORMAL COMPLAINT.

renegade, is it too much to ask them to not mark my credit record if I were to pay them over £100 per month for 6 months for a loan amount of £450 and the total i owed was 650? At least they could have said either yes or no. Even if they had said no, I would have understood. But there is no bloody response and I get harassed by their mail and phone calls. Seems they are not in the least bit worried about any complaints I make. I told them I am complaining to OFT and CAB. No response. Been a week. And here I thought they were getting investigated by OFT and taking complaints seriously. They do say on their site, that legally they have 2 months to respond. Thats all well and good if for two months the interest wasnt 4000%.

And how to get them to stop sending mail every two days? nothing seems to be working

You can negotiate that, but remember, you have defaulted on the repayments, so they are well within their rights to add a marker to your file.

Who knows. Pdl's are well known for doing weird things that make no sense.

just wanted to update.

Sent a lot of emails. No replies or arrangements yet.

Currently telling bank to revoke wonga permissions. Once that is sorted, will contact wonga again. I have been told to wait 48 hrs by the bank and can take longer.

Nope. Theres a way of doing it instantly. Your bank are breaking the law.

apologise if I wasnt clear. They said its best to cancel the card and has sent me a new debit card. They said it would be best to wait 48hrs just in case. I thought it was better because then there would be no confusion later and my card expires soon anyway (just a couple months left).

PS - I am worried that my details may have been passed on to other payday lenders as I have been getting a lot of junk mail. So for security reasons I chose to go that route of cancelling the card instead.

Hopefull, with two days my card with wonga will be cancelled and they wont be taking any money unless they respond to my complaints. And after two days, i will be able to use my bank account to pay my usual direct debit bills (without wonga taking that money as well).

Edited by kriket1