HMRC Overpayment - 2007

Tigi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really confussed and hoping that someone can give me some advice, every year im getting the same letter then nothing for the rest of the year and no chasing every year im threated court action and it never happens, ive appealled it twice but never get a response apparently overpayment is between Aug 16th 2007 -Sept 15th 2007 because of change in circumstances, however I was unaware this was happening. Partner cant of moved in with me on 15th August as we were on holiday abroad for 2 weeks.

Statement of events so far, I am at a lost as to what to do. I can not afford to pay this over the next 12 months.

15th September 2007 - Letter from HMRC saying we are not going to ask you to pay it now no period stated or amount.

19th September 2007 - Single Claiment Amended Tax Credit award received no overpayment mentioned.

4th May 2008 - Annual Review Tax Credits Award received - Joint Names stating joint award started 16/08/2007, no payment breakdown given. Therefore no idea it was wrong.

21st August 2008 - Single Final Tax Credit Award received - overpayment mentioned.

29th September 2008 - Inland Revenue Letter of Notice to Pay to HMRC outstanding amount.

02nd October 2008 - Notice to pay £10.00 a month to HMRC with income and expenditure - no responce received from HMRC

11th November 2008 - Letter demanding full payment, threating legal proceedings.

15th November 2008 - Letter to HMRC notifying them that I had disputed their claims and letter was sent to them on 2nd October by Royal Mail track and trace. Proof sent to them of this, letter also mentions that I asked to speak to a manager at the HMRC which they refused. Letter threatens to send copies to Adjudicators Office and Parliamentary Ombudsman.

19th November 2008 - Letter confirming receipt of my correspondence saying to contact the office to agree payment, when I phoned they refused to let me pay it over more than 12 months which I couldnt afford to I took it to appeal.

20th November 2008 - I wrote to HMRC for appeal on the grounds that no overpayment mentioned at time of overpayment, letter stating no repayment needed, advised them we were on holiday on 15th

August 2007 therefore werent living together have proof if required and on the grounds that I had no idea of the overpayment as my payments matched the award notice.

21st May 2009 - Letter received from HMRC to say an overpayment of the single award was made from 16/08/2007-17/09/2007.

10th August 2009 - Notice to Pay from myself to HMRC - I wrote a response to tax credits offering a payment of £20.00 and asking them for a way to pay this due to hardship and not being able to afford anymore, I asked the HMRC to give me the options in how I could pay this, again no response from HMRC.

January/February 2012 - HMRC chasing payment again threatening payment.

28th January 2013 - HMRC chasing payment again threatening unless its paid now we will pass it to private debt collection agency.

Can anybody help I have got no idea what to do.