• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Anney63 v Abbey *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Anney,

You have put the work in now its time to sit back and reap the rewards, its just a waiting game, a bit like poker, who gives in first. We have the upper hand though as at the end of the day they will not enter court. Seeing a lot of claims for CI and claims reaching bailiff stage so think abbey should pull their finger out and settle the easy ones. I think they have a lot more problems on the horizon than they think.;)

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bish

I think your right just got the end of BBC programme tonight which was discussing charges with FSO ombudsman als on news tonight looks like front page og Independant tomorrow carries a story as well should make interesting reading. So will definately be buying.

:)

Hi Anney,

Yes front page of Daily mail today, as well as radio 2 G Vine show, National news, and Watchdog. Getting some great coverage and on the back of Barclays masive profits, 30% increase on last year. Head of Barclays on radio 2 when questioned about customer charges avoided by saying what benifits barclay bring to the world. Seems our charges are going towards pension funds, hospitals, and roads. He forgot to mention subsidising the well off's free banking and their bad debt.

Regards bish.

Hi Bish

What bothers me about this is that I haven't actually got a hearing date just dates for disclosure list and requests and pretrial check list which is June . I'm just worried this is going on forever

Hi Anney,

Been their got the t shirt, remember someone giving me support and encouragement. so going to give you the same, nearly there now Anney. You have done all the work required and it is just a case of waiting for them to decide to pay you. There is no other option for abbey but to settle. I had the knock back in November with the wife and all, decided not to settle for their 75% offer and got the full whack. It did take a further 2 months but got the lot and more. Just keep slogging on and you will get it. After all it is your sons money that they have took unlawfully. I hope that your son appreciates his mom, If he does not then send him my way and I will give him a slap, in fact put him on line so that I can give him a lecture too. Best wishes.

Regards bish.

Hi Bish

I'm fine really I just keep getting promised a call back by Inga and it doesn't happen. Yesterday she said she was going to ring in the afternoon . I rang about 5 pm as I was leaving work and she said she would ring me at home and asked for my home number yet again no call. I am a Customer Services Manager and Credit Manager for a small company and I wouldn't dream of not calling people back it is common courtesy even if you have no news. I will be back on the phone later today and if she has no news as promised I will tell her I am only prepared to settle for the full amount and I look forward to receiving her standard disclosure list before 12th March. I have tried to speak and get this settled it is up to her now.

Hi Again

Just spoke to Inga still no offer but before I could say anything I had to go over what I am claiming couldn't believe it Abbey have had about 6 copies now of my schedule. She understood charges but not Interest after I explained she was happy she said she was just waiting to see if any refunds had been made and would get back in around 20 minutes. We'll see !!! I know that any charges which had been refunded have not been entered I spent hours getting it right. I don't work with accounts for nothing lol!!!! Found it hard to keep my cool

I've WON just had a call from INGA 100% plus Interest 8% + Costs 30Hours @£9.25 +ink paper and post. And I can't tell my son as he is up in the air on his way to Barbados to visit a friend for a week with partner for his 40th Birthday . My 65th Birthday Sunday what a wonderful present for us both. Now have to wait for cheque. Thanks to you all for help especially Bish and Garyh will make a donation as soon as I get hold of cash. :D :D :D :D :D :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anney thats fantastic news, very well done!!!:D:);)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi Anney,

I am so pleased for you and your son, you can now look forward to the wedding, as I can with my daughters, and relax. You must be over the moon, I know I was. Happy birthday for Sunday, a bottle of bubbly is well deserved for a job well done, I would think a few glasses may be supped tonight;) :D :D .

Regards bish.

Hi Bish

Already had a few and have had a call from my son in Barbados he read his text as soon as he landed his 40th birthday should be brilliant. He was oh so grateful he's a good lad always there if I want anything done. so have enjoyed helping him . It certainly a better year than last year Bish we both need to put that behind us. My hubby so far is doing well and I hope you wife is too. I will drink you health at the wedding :D :D

To right Anney you are now a wise and seasoned member of the forum, glad you are sticking around, give hubby our best wishes and I will be toasting you all at the girls weddings in Cyprus come August.

Regards bish.

Hi

Does anyone know how long it takes for cheque to arrive after agreement. My son is away so I will need to check his house.And it will give me so much pleasure to have the cheque in his new bank account before he gets back next saturday.

Anne:D :D

Hi Anney

Thanks for your message, I have posted a reply through my thread, but just wanted to add my CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE here.

Have a really lovely birthday tomorrow.

I will let you know the outcome of our case.

Again, many thanks Brenda

Well Done!!!!!!! Good For You!!!!!! But Wot A Lot Of Work You Put Into It. Definately Paid Off!!!! I'm Really Pleased For You.

Abbey Just Keep Putting Us Off Altho Paid £580 Goodwill But We Are About To Start Court Proceedings. Also Phoning The Guy From Watchdog!!!!!

Well Done!!!

L

never say never
:cool:

Anney That's fantastic, Well Done!!

:) :)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.