You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. Please will you read around the other Hermes stories – if you haven't done so already. There are some suggested letters of claim in those. We don't have a template for this and I would suggest that you draft your own letter of claim and post it here before you send it. Also, make sure that you read around the forum about taking a small claim in the County Court and that you know all the steps. You can be certain that you will have to issue the papers. You can be certain that Hermes will ignore your letter of claim and they will only start taking you seriously once you have issue the court papers. This means that if you send the letter of claim giving them 14 days then on the fifteenth day you must issue the papers. Otherwise don't bother. Don't bluff. Be aware of your risk factors – which are that if you lose, then you won't get your money back and also you would have lost your claim fee – and if they push you to pay an allocation fee – which is quite likely – you will lose this as well. For the present claim fees and allocation fees, please have a look at the court services website. However you are probably looking at something in the region of about hundred pounds or so all told for a claim of this value. If you succeed then you will get your money back, plus interest plus your costs. We do our best to advise you here that you have to realise that the end of the day it is your risk. As I've already said, it is an extraordinary industry – because they will do it – which requires you to pay delivery fee and then if they don't carry out their side of the contract for some reason rather they don't have to offer any redress to you at all – often on the basis that you didn't ensure them against their own negligence. This is an extraordinary state of affairs. The whole industry does it this way and it seems to be a culture which has been accepted for a long time – maybe 30 or 40 years – so that now consumers think that that's the way it is. It's really quite surprising that this hasn't been directly addressed in legislation – but it hasn't. Instead you will have to fall back on the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. Post a draft of the letter of claim and we'll have a look at it later on
    • I agree. They are putting you back in the position you'd have been if they'd said what they should have ( "We can upgrade you to Sky Q. You'll need a new dish to use Q. If you want to revert to the non-Q system in future it'd need to be a 'hybrid' dish that supports both".)   I don't think you can realistically expect more.
    • but not related to this a/C  i bet the sar will reveal the real truth of what the balance really is made of.   even if this did result in a speculative DCA court claim. we don't lose many OD claims here.   dx  
    • yes they will and the contract if they request a further hearing.   .......................   n244 .......   i do not believe the claimant had a valid and paid for contract covering the year of the offence with the land owner or their agents.   i do believe the Claimant ANPR System had the relevant council planning permission to be used or erected on poles at the site.   i do not believe the Claimant signs at the site neither had the required council planning permission nor suitably conveyed the legal terms of any contract the driver at the time of parking could ever be able to agree to by reading them.   i claim the cost of my set aside fee from the claimant should i be successful.    
    • Hi   1. Have all seven residents complained officially to the Local Authority of the overgrown conifers and had a response in writing?   2. Were the Local Authority informed that the several residents were employing a contractor to cut back their conifer trees due to them being overgrown?   I would also suggest asking the contractor that carried out the work if they could do a letter for you explaining the work they carried out and the advice given about trimming as they remain the LA property.  
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
silverfox1961

I am so sorry

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2688 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have just noticed the announcement and I cannot express my sympathy and deepest shock enough.

I have met Martin on a couple of occasions and his wit and wisdom was beyond measure.

He will be truly missed by everyone here on CAG I am sure.

R.I.P Martin :(

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I have just noticed the announcement and I cannot express my sympathy and deepest shock enough.

I have met Martin on a couple of occasions and his wit and wisdom was beyond measure.

He will be truly missed by everyone here on CAG I am sure.

R.I.P Martin :(

I also noticed the "sticky" announcement aswell, I also noticed bankfodder had put the wrong date as the 1st today (Fri) and not Saturday.

Either way its a sad loss.

RIP Martin3030 ( Martin Kay) x

I also noticed the "sticky" announcement aswell, I also noticed bankfodder had put the wrong date as the 1st today (Fri) and not Saturday.

Either way its a sad loss.

RIP Martin3030 ( Martin Kay) x

Sorry. It has been a stressful day.

It has been corrected now.

Its fine bankfodder I see you have amended the date. Once again sorry for the loss of this member x

Hi

Just read sticky what a sad loss to CAG and my condolences to his family.

RIP

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his loved ones. Condolences to the site team too, I'm sorry for your loss.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I am shocked and sadened to hear we have lost such a vibrant, helpful and amazing character. My thoughts are with Martin's family and friends and with Martin, you will be missed so much.

Edited by determindator

So sad to hear the loss of Martin he will be greatly missed my thoughts go out to his family...RIP Mart xx

• Haha 1

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Gutted..... :sad:

Martin and I have been friends since 2006, but sadly we never met...

Twice now, I have answered a knock on the door from our postman wanting a

signature for what has turned out to be premium vodka from the Ukraine.. From Martin!!!

We had promised ourselves last year that 2013 would be the year that we met up and

had a good drink... And put the world to rights... This has finished my weekend.. :-(

Martin..... Thank you Sir for the inspiration that you shared with me when I was at my

lowest point, for helping me to bring myself back from the edge of despair, and for inspiring

me to learn to help many others too.. Thank You Sir, for being a Good Friend.

God Bless Martin, Rest in Peace Sir...

I'm heartbroken that we never met... :-(

• Haha 1

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

R.I.P Martin, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family

If I owe you money, take a number and join the queue. If you owe me money pay up and shut up

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gutted..... :sad:

Martin and I have been friends since 2006, but sadly we never met...

Twice now, I have answered a knock on the door from our postman wanting a

signature for what has turned out to be premium vodka from the Ukraine.. From Martin!!!

We had promised ourselves last year that 2013 would be the year that we met up and

had a good drink... And put the world to rights... This has finished my weekend.. :-(

Martin..... Thank you Sir for the inspiration that you shared with me when I was at my

lowest point, for helping me to bring myself back from the edge of despair, and for inspiring

me to learn to help many others too.. Thank You Sir, for being a Good Friend.

God Bless Martin, Rest in Peace Sir...

I'm heartbroken that we never met... :-(

Thank you for your comments Dave, I know you were great friends. It's a shock to all of us.........:-(

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Is there a charity donation instead of flowers Mr Lex ?

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Martin was one of the first of the site team I spoke to when I joined cag, although did not know him that well all the same it is a sad day for cag.

my condolences to his family.RIP Martin.

Is there a charity donation instead of flowers Mr Lex ?

I am sure we will let you and everyone else know Dave, we really don't were we stand untill we have spoken to all Dave........

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So so sad, Martin's passing is a great loss to many.

I only met Martin on a couple of occasios but loved every minute in his company, his dedication to CAG was exceptional, from running Site Team to his tireless efforts helping many thousands of CAG members.

If you ever had any problems or worries about anything Martin was always there to offer help and advice, if he thought you were in trouble or had something worrying you he would always give you a phone and help when he could.

My thoughts are with his family.

• Haha 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Goodbye Sir Martin... I'm heartbroken that I never got to meet you...

185778_10150092345803870_1532551_n_zpsc4b4d3bd.jpg

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

Trying to stop smoking?

--

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Good bye my friend, you were so understanding and so patience with me. I will never forget what you have taught me.

I will miss you and our friendship. I hope you are in a much better place than you have been over these past few months. Hugs and much love to you. :hug:

• Haha 1

I know we shared a common goal. Your entire family can be proud of the legacy you leave having been such a major part of CAG.

We've shared many good and interesting times both on and off the forum.

RIP Martin.

• Haha 1

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Rest now Martin - may your legacy be that thousands of people will have gained strength to fight their corner thanks to your knowledge, help and words of wisdom. You were a friend to many and an inspiration to countless others.

Sad day :-(

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I had the pleasure of meeting Martin and he was a lovely man and friend of mine on Facebook.

I knew he was poorly but never in a million years did I think he would be taken from us.

RIP my friend, sleep well

Di xxx

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

An inspiration to me in such a short space of time that I have been here.

May God Rest Your Soul in eternal peace.

Amen

Martin, you done so much and you had so much more to give. This is so wrong.

RIP mate x x x x

RIP Marty, have fun up there with the Rooster :(:(:(

Always happy to help where I can!

:lol:

Beware of legal advice given on a private forum - do you REALLY know who is posting? Are they REALLY accountable for their posts? What if you follow their advice and get something wrong?

It was Winston Churchill who said; "Democracy is the worst way to run a country except for all the others"

Advice and comments posted by car2403 are offered purely without prejudice. They reflect only my personal opinion and do not represent the opinion of this forum or it's management. You should always seek legal advice from a qualified legal advisor. As a member of the site team, I disable reputation - reputation points mean nothing, please check my posting credentials yourself and make an informed decision. You shouldn't PM me and await a reply - I may be too late with a response. No replies will be given in Private Messages - just as with getting advice from the forum, getting advice via Private Messages is dangerous. CAG is about sharing successes so others can follow your example, this is primarily why I'm here, so please don't be offended if I don't offer replies in PM that doesn't comply with this. Help CAG to help others by keeping your thread up to date.

USEFUL LINKS; New User Guide to CAG | Can't find what you're looking for? | Intro to Consumer Credit Litigation | Is My Agreement Enforceable | Default (Surleybonds) Template Letter | Defaults - background, removal methods, challenges and taking a claim to Court | Digital Signature Guide | Overdrafts and the CCA