Loan Early settlement figure different from agreement

skippy2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wondered if anyone can help me understand my loan early srettlement figure please??

We had a personal loan from Natwest (which thaey stuckk PPI on - but that's another story!).

The loan was for £9488 plus 2205.40 for PPI so a total of £11693.40.

On the credit agreement it states :

"The customer has the right to repay the loan before the end of the term by making a single payment calculated under a formula which limits the amount of the total charge the customer pays. The amount the customer would have to pay if, for example, the customer wanted to settle when a quarter of the term had passed would be £6747.65; if half the term had passed the amount would be £5072.46 and if 3/4 had passed it would be £2895.59. In calculating the amounts shown, the assumption is made that all instalment repayments due are paid on time and no default interst or charges are incurred. The amounts shown are accordingly only illustrative."

The loan was over 60 months, so 1/4 of the way through would be 15 months.

We paid it off after 18 months and yet paid £7782.35.

Have I misunderstood something? Are they allowed to change the settlement figure? We had no missed payments or charges so shouldn't the agreement figure stand?

Any help appreciated!