Debt after so many years

rnfrds10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all,

In a nutshell I took out a loan in my younger day's (1998) I am guessing I must of defaulted on the loan £14,000 from Barclays, so fast forward to now, I have been paying £26 a month to payplan (which I am getting off lightly with i think). If for some reason I stop paying (not that I intend to) can they then put a note on my credit file regarding this debt. Basically what can they do?

Hey all,

In a nutshell I took out a loan in my younger day's (1998) I am guessing I must of defaulted on the loan £14,000 from Barclays, so fast forward to now, I have been paying £26 a month to payplan (which I am getting off lightly with i think). If for some reason I stop paying (not that I intend to) can they then put a note on my credit file regarding this debt. Basically what can they do?

As you are still paying, they probably can legally enforce the debt. If you are only paying £26 per month, then more than likely you owe a lot more than £14,000.

As you are still paying, they probably can legally enforce the debt. If you are only paying £26 per month, then more than likely you owe a lot more than £14,000.

Hi and thanks for replying the good thing is that started paying back the loan with the loan and interest was frozen so it's definitely less than 14000 :-) I am see what u are talking about but am wondering aside from a cjj (which I won't let it get to) could they put the default back on as my credit report is come May default free ;-)

No if there was a proper default date then it must disappear after 6 years.

Problem with Barclays is that they are very reluctant to issue default notices and sometimes the default date is long after the first technical default

Have you checked your credit file lately it's probable that there is a marker there already and on al 3 major credit reference agencies.

You will either have a default entry which will be removed 6 years from the default date or an arrangement to pay marker which is as bad and can continue for more than 6 years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What are the chances of there having been PPI applied to the account ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

What are the chances of there having been PPI applied to the account ?

Possible on a 1998 loan (no PPI no loan era).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have checked Experian and Equifax and the Barclays loan appears on none of them. Also as to the PPI thing I am not to sure, thing is I am just paying £26 a month which suits me. I think if in the future they decide to change things I will see if PPI is attached and then pursue dont want to rock the boat and up my payments u see.