Town & City Banned By DVLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Other forums are reporting that TCP (or Smart Parking as they are now called) have been banned from accessing DVLA records. It's believed that the ban relates to the confusion over signage after the company was taken over by Smart Parking. All signs still mention Town and City even though that company does not exist any more. So a motorist is being asked to form a contract with a non-existent company and not with the new company.

Edited by DBC

This just in (from another forum):-

Thank you for drawing this to our attention.

You are correct in saying that once Town and City Parking Limited was registered in December that name should not be used on the signage in car parks operated by Smart Parking Limited. They can however still use Town and City Parking as a trading name.

On 25 January 2012 we suspended access by Smart Parking Ltd to DVLA data until they have made the necessary changes. There is not a fixed or minimum term for this suspension.

Following our discussions with relevant parties we are content that this was not a deliberate attempt by the company to mislead or defraud.

Regards

So this could take some time as they "manage" almost all ASDA car-parks, and so lots of signs to change or modify.

If confirmed this is interesting as they operate at a number of sites in my local area including ASDA.

Interesting point i have sent this email to Asda ............................

Dear Andy

Regarding your parking managed by Town and city parking in your car parks

It is my understanding that town and city parking have a three month ban from the DVLA to access drivers details.

This is due to miss leading signs in the car parks.

This highlights the fact that Asda are responsible for there agents actions and there unlawful speculative invoices.

Kind regards

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

So before the ban can be lifted they will have to modify or change every sign in every car-park (think of all the ASDA car parks they "manage"), plus printing new paperwork .

What a shame!

Dear Andy

It is my understanding that town and city parking have a three month ban from the DVLA to access drivers details.

This highlights the fact that Asda are responsible for there agents actions and there unlawful speculative invoices.

Kind regards

Where's the reference to the ban being for three months come from?

That was probably my error. When the news broke on another forum the assumption was made that the ban would be just like the others and would last for three months. The later posting confirms that the ban lasts until all the signs have been corrected. I then edited my initial posting on this thread to reflect this.

It is my understanding that town...............................

i have asked Asda and putting pressure on them to ditch the clowns that manage there car parks

Thanks to somebody on another forum for this handy guide to the machinations of the company:-

Until 25th July 2012 Smart Parking (UK) Ltd were called CPT UK Company #1 Ltd (Registration SC413479)

They then changed their name to Smart Parking Ltd

3rd December was very busy :

Smart Parking Ltd (SC413479) changed its name to Smart Parking (UK) Ltd

Town and City Parking Ltd Version 1(SC138255) (the one with the ASDA contracts) changed its name to Smart Parking Ltd (who now have ASDA contracts but no signs, headed notepaper or bank account)

Town and City Parking Ltd Version 2 (SC438115)(the one with the vanishing signs, the bank account and a letterbox but no contracts) was formed

Meanwhile Town and City Parking (not Ltd) in Liverpool (the new name on the signs) somehow has a director and is clearly associated with this network but it's not clear how

The only way they can make those signs legal is to have "Town and City Parking is a trading name of Smart Parking Ltd".They will also have to change all their paperwork, including any tickets they place on cars.

Edited by DBC

The only way they can make those signs legal is to have "Town and City Parking is a trading name of Smart Parking Ltd".They will also have to change all their paperwor,k including any tickets they place on cars.

It also begs the question - in what name and with which entity was ASDA's original contract and has there been a proper Assignment to whichever entity is now assuming that role?

One for the legal bods at ASDA , who seem to be their main "customer". Mind you many people at that supermarket haven't a clue about their arrangement with this PPC. Their stock answer seems to be "the council owns the car park and TCP look after it for them" . It took three emails from me before ASDA admitted that they actually do own the car parks and TCP are their agents.

It appears that the ban has been lifted and that both Companies House and the DVLA are happy that the signs just say "Town and City Parking" ( with "Ltd" deleted) even though that's not the name of the new company.

It appears that the ban has been lifted and that both Companies House and the DVLA are happy that the signs just say "Town and City Parking" ( with "Ltd" deleted) even though that's not the name of the new company.

I doubt they will be able to say you formed a contract with a company that doesn't exist.

It just goes to show how lazy minded the DVLA and Asda are. I would suggest that the contract offered to asda by T&CP allowed them to transfer their rights and authority to unspecified third parties so they could wind up the company and start again without being in breach of contract. I wonder what liabilities are being avoided by this busy day at Companies House?

It seems to me that everyone should be writing to ASDA pinting out that the company is suspended, why are they doing business with such a disorganised outfit - and why are they trying to make war on their customers anyway - do they really believe that there is such a problem.

You should also ask ASDA if they have authorised any parking companies to sue people on their behalf - and will they be prepared to come into court to give evidence to that effect?

It seems to me that everyone should be writing to ASDA pinting out that the company is suspended, why are they doing business with such a disorganised outfit - and why are they trying to make war on their customers anyway - do they really believe that there is such a problem.

You should also ask ASDA if they have authorised any parking companies to sue people on their behalf - and will they be prepared to come into court to give evidence to that effect?

Despite me sending Emails to Asda no response think i will send it again,but don't expect a reply

Dear Andy

Kind regards

I have a reply .......................

Thank you for your email.

Town and City Parking are in the process of rebranding to Smart Parking Limited. They are no longer suspended from requesting driver details from the DVLA in addition to this, reports of a three month ban are incorrect.

Smart Parking Limited were suspended on a minor technical point in reference to a section of the displayed company name on signage. This temporary suspension only lasted from the 25th January to the 4thFebruary at which time this suspension was lifted.

We continue to advise that all appeals to are submitted to Smart Parking Ltd as advised on our website and Parking Charge Notice payment advice.

I hope this helps with your query.

I have a reply ....

They are no longer suspended from requesting driver details from the DVLA

This temporary suspension only lasted from the 25th January to the 4thFebruary at which time this suspension was lifted.

So at the end of the period they submit a back-log of Requests?

Or,

They lost the opportunity for Requests originating during that period?

I bet they submit the back log i would not believe what Asda come out with as

"Asda do not own the car parks the council own them or town and city own them"

then "Asda do own the car parks "

I have a reply .......................

Thank you for your email.

Town and City Parking are in the process of rebranding to Smart Parking Limited. They are no longer suspended from requesting driver details from the DVLA in addition to this, reports of a three month ban are incorrect.

Smart Parking Limited were suspended on a minor technical point in reference to a section of the displayed company name on signage. This temporary suspension only lasted from the 25th January to the 4thFebruary at which time this suspension was lifted.

We continue to advise that all appeals to are submitted to Smart Parking Ltd as advised on our website and Parking Charge Notice payment advice.

I hope this helps with your query.

Sounds like that reply was written by Smart Parking, NOT Asda!!

Sounds like that reply was written by Smart Parking, NOT Asda!!

Not sounds like. Definately.

We continue to advise that all appeals to are submitted to Smart Parking Ltd

as advised on our website and parking chargelink3.gif

Notice payment advice.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS