Hsbc buy back debt to investigate PPI reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so are you still paying anyone for this 'debt' too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they can ONLY offset ON NOTIFIED ARREARS

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so are you still paying anyone for this 'debt' too

dx

I am and always was paying HSBC monthly 5 a month and just dropped it to £1, after filling in a ppi claim on there website they now worrying me that they want all monies back immediatly. I think I shouldn't have filled the ppi form now

The way I understand things, if you couldn't repay before makling a claim, and still can't now, then them having a strop isn't going to do any good.

So I wouldn't have said that the claim was a bad thing. What it has done is meant they are trying to prevent paying you out on a successful PPI claim.

If your claim comes in at £2,000 say, and you previously owed them £8,000, then the £2,000 will be deducted from what you owe and you'll only have £6,000 debt remaining.

Naturally, with the debt having been sold to as DCA you were no doubt hoping for the cash to come back to you. Whether what they have done to prevent that happening is moral, ethical or legal I leave to others, but I don't think they will suddenly require the whole repaid. What you might need to do is remind them of your situation and go through some hoops again. If they realise it will be £1 a month still, no doubt they'll pass it on once the PPI claim has been processed.

In cash terms you've paid £10 for a SAR etc, but got nothing back. However, taking my example, your debt has come down by £2,000, so not at all a bad return on a £10 investment. Obviously, it would have been much nicer for you to have had the £2,000 yourself, and decide what to do with it.

The way I understand things, if you couldn't repay before makling a claim, and still can't now, then them having a strop isn't going to do any good.

So I wouldn't have said that the claim was a bad thing. What it has done is meant they are trying to prevent paying you out on a successful PPI claim.

If your claim comes in at £2,000 say, and you previously owed them £8,000, then the £2,000 will be deducted from what you owe and you'll only have £6,000 debt remaining.

Naturally, with the debt having been sold to as DCA you were no doubt hoping for the cash to come back to you. Whether what they have done to prevent that happening is moral, ethical or legal I leave to others, but I don't think they will suddenly require the whole repaid. What you might need to do is remind them of your situation and go through some hoops again. If they realise it will be £1 a month still, no doubt they'll pass it on once the PPI claim has been processed.

In cash terms you've paid £10 for a SAR etc, but got nothing back. However, taking my example, your debt has come down by £2,000, so not at all a bad return on a £10 investment. Obviously, it would have been much nicer for you to have had the £2,000 yourself, and decide what to do with it.

I never paid £10 for anything, I keep getting calls as so many ppl do about ppi claims companies all saying that even if you claim you can still get thousands back so I thought I will do the claim myself,looked online and filled in HSBC questioner and bingo.

Now I get that letter from Gary Jones HSBC Bank unsigned by the way with note on bottom INTERNAL

Bob

so what was the org debt size

and have you totalled your payments to date

have you been getting regular payments?

if no-one has produced a CCA

then its truely dead in the water for them.

something smells here

dx

and they

so what was the org debt size

and have you totalled your payments to date

have you been getting regular payments?

if no-one has produced a CCA

then its truely dead in the water for them.

something smells here

dx

Hi DX

The debt was about £10800

Hillesden DLC send statements each year.

I paid every month £5 but reduced it to £ this month with dispute on reference on transaction

They never sent me a CCA

Bob