• Tweets

• If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
    • Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hsbc buy back debt to investigate PPI reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Loan with hsbc in 1999 i lost my job in 2001,

the loan had protection and i had that paid for 12months

after this I could not pay as was on a course and I defaulted on the loan

and the debt went to Metropolitan collection services.

I was paying them back £48 per month during the 2003 and put it up after they wanted more money to £51 per month

now out of the blue I was contacted by Direct Legal and collections demanding £10k on my mobile phone and also my home phone.

I asked the lady on the phone who are you I have never heard of you,

She said that a letter was sent saying that they had bought the debt.

She asked for my date of birth and postcode

I said sorry I dont know you,

you are probably a fraudster write to me if you got all my details.

after contacting MCS they told me they passed on the debt to Hillesden on the 13th Jan 2009.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blobbypet,

It would be better if you started your own thread as this could get missed.

I would send a SAR to HSBC as there is bound to be loads of charges on there.

You could always send MCS a CCA request too.

Wait the prescribed time to see what they come back with but most important, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE. Tell them that you want everything in writing.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sorry, Fox.

I must have moved it when you were typing ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

That's ok scott although i did start to think I was having another senior moment :)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

There shouldnt be no charges as I had loads of debts at the time of my unemployment

and got in touch with cccs and they helped me to write to my creditors,

I got all intrest frozen.

Just looked on here and found something else about hsbc

they stoped payments after 1year on my protected loan plan

and they may have missold this to me.

Can I claim against them???

You would need to check the terms of your PPI but I thought that it only covered up to 12 months anyway(i could be totally wrong on that)

Before CCCS got involved you would have racked up some charges but that goes back a long time and you may not be able to go back that far if you decided to reclaim any that are there.

I think for now the best way to go is to CCA DLC

Send them this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

Just in case you don't know the rules :)

Send the letter with a £1 postal order, no cheques

send by recorded delivery

do a track and trace on the post office website

do not sign anything, just print your name

Give them 12+2 working days to reply.

See how you go.

fox

Oh and if you can, scan and post their response to you. Good luck

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

I did thone them today and asked why I havent been told that it was being passed to dlc

I also asked them for a stament of all the funds that they have had off of me since they aquired the debt from HSBC nd they said they will send it in the next few days.

Here is email sent on 19th jan:

Further to our telephone conversation today,

we confirm that as off 13.01.2009 we purchased the above balance from our client HSBC.

Based on the information supplied today it is our intention to look to secure this balance by the means of a charging order.

To prevent this action we are prepared to accept £7551.35 on card before 7:30pm today followed by regular monthly repayments of £125.86 for 12 months.

This is a reduction of £1006.85 but should these conditions not be met then we pursue for the full balance.

Edited by Blobbypet
html wrong

We hear this all the time do not give any info over the phone not even your address it is up to any DCA to have the correct address details etc. if they don't have your address to write to it is more than likely that they are on a fishing trip trying to find someone with the same name etc. Wait till they write to you then post on this thread again.

dpick

Hi,

Wait to see if they comply with your CCA request.

Regards.

Scott.

they signed for my letter cca today

So they should get back to you by the 16th Feb.

Hi Blobby

I'm in almost the exact position to you. Similar amount owing. Was paying to MCS. Today got letter from DLC saying Hillesden have bought the debt. The letter says "Hillesden trading as DLC" (so Hillesden is DLC and vice versa).

The DLC letter is quite aggresive eg "we will start reporting against your credit file within 30 days", "failue to respond will result in legal action" etc.

I intend to continue to pay the same amount as I did with MCS. I will fill in the form they sent (minus phone details, email, homeowner etc) telling them this. But only after they have complied with a CCA and SAR request. Until they do I will put the payments to one side.

Hi Denver did you also get a letter from hsbc ?

weird as it was sent from same place as the rear bof envelope is from dlc,

I contacted the head office of hsbc and was after 9 different calls found the guy whom supose to have sent this letter.

He said where did you get my number from this a my direct number!!!!

I asked if he normally signed his letters he sends out and he was a bit misified and asked where am i comming from,

I said i have been threatendby dlc am am not happy about it your name was on one of the letters.

He asked my reference number and said that was a computer generated letter which is quite legal, it was an assignment notice.

Funny how i asked for a cca and got this,

still times running out I said for the cca only have 12 days,

he said 12 days if we can but we still can take longer if needed

but they cant take any further action untill this has been received by me.

Breathing space but im still paying or the bank is paying hsbc acording to my bank statements

Hillsden/DLC/MDB are all interlinked and run by a guy called Tony Locke, whose business practices have a lot to be desired. Never mind his threats and scan what you get on here to have it checked. Hillsden had trouble with the Data Protection Act so that is an Achilles Heel to hit hard if there is no agreement and they have been processing your data without one.

Phillip McCallum is dealing with my account had emails from him

write to confirm that a copy of the original agreement taken out with HSBC and a statement of account have been ordered this morning. This may take up to 3 weeks to arrive in our offices.

just got letter back from AE Locke of Hillesden

Dear Mr XXX

Accont number xxxxxxxx Formely HSBC xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx

1. I acknowledge recipt of £1 in connection with your data request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. We are still awaiting a copy of the requested documents from our client HSBC. When this becomes avaliable it will be forwarded to you.

3. If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, We will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Should you require anything further please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand

Yours sincerely

:(

A E Locke

Director & Data Controller

Direct Line. 01280 707513

WHAT NOW?? :eek:

Hi,

Wait until they comply, if they do, post up whatever they send you so people can check it out.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Blobby,

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I am only sending off my CCA request today.

Re; the letter they sent you (above) - just sit tight. They can do f... all until they provide that signed credit agreement. Number 3. in their letter sounds dodgy. I'm sure someone on here will have info about what that means and whether it's acceptable (I doubt it).

Just wait for them to respond.