• Tweets

• Thanks Andy - I really do need to read up!  
    • I am going through an ongoing dispute with Sainsbury’s re them not backdating my default. This is my complaint    I would like to further the following complaint registered initially in September last year.   You18 Sep 2019 7:05PM I entered into a Debt Management Plan via Stepchange in 2018. Having checked my credit report I have noted that you have not defaulted my account in relation to this DMP despite going into arrears. The OCI advises that as a general guide defaults should be recorded between 3–6 months after the arrears were first incurred. All my other creditors have defaulted me within 12 months of entering the DMP which has resulted in the correct entries being on my file for the correct amount of time, namely 6 years, and I would ask that you consider amending my record and recording a default at the correct time on my file. Obviously the failure to record the default has an adverse effect on my credit rating as the debt will remain on my credit report now 6 years from the date that the debt is paid in full which is due to be 2022 and therefore will remain there until 2028 .I look forward to hearing from you as to whether you are willing to amend my records and mark the account as defaulted.    Even though I kept reiterating my complaint and saying I wanted this to be in writing only due to my anxiety and mental health Sainsbury’s bank still Insisted on me calling. I suffer badly with anxiety, panic discorder and depression and have done so and been Medicated for this since 2008, shortly when my money problems started. As I am sure you can understand speaking about this on the phone gives me a large amount of stress and makes it impossible for me to think clearly and retain information afterward. Further to these emails I was asked AGAIN to call Sainsbury's, I felt I was getting nowhere and forced into this method of communication. I spoke to an advisor who insisted that AP markers were not as bad as a default on my account and would not drop off longer. I am sure you can find a recording of this conversation and listen to it yourself. I was made to feel stupid for this complaint and that I was in the wrong and that for my account to be defaulted would be much worse for my credit score on the future. The lady almost scoffed at what I was sayIng. I came off the call and felt silly and wrong, I decided to leave it as I thought a trained member of your staff had told me otherwise. I have now spoken to various trained professionals who have indeed confirmed I was right in my original complaint and that the AP markers will adversely affect my account for longer ! I am very upset I have been given false information which led me not to carry on with my complaint adversely affecting my credit and ultimately my future.  Please can this complaint be passed on to someone higher in the department who understands how this works. I would like my account defaulted from the missed payment dates in 2018 and a response to my complaint ASAP. I hope you can appreciate this Is an urgent and serious matter.   - Sainsbury’s have got back to me and said they won’t uphold the complaint. They say the advise given about AP markers affecting your account less than defaults is correct which it clearly isn’t and that I didn’t state at the time when I was requesting everything in writing my mental health issues they were still ok to insist on my calling instead of communicating with me in writing which I think is incorrect, if I have requested communication in writing then they should do it whether they know the ins and outs of my health.   can anyone advise on how I can respond to them?    TIA
    • Not section 75...thats for credit card payment.
    • Unfortunately I haven't no, I believe that it might still be a possibility to do so, however as I was cancelling under the 14 days I didn't think it would be beneficial. 
    • I want to go now, because of the way they've done it. I still don't think I should just accept it though if they haven't followed procedures. Are you telling me that people who have sued for unfair dismissal have all wanted to go back to their jobs? I want more compensation. I have a family and ill be given the very basic amount for redundancy on a time where job competition is massive! 
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Hsbc buy back debt to investigate PPI reclaim

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2793 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had a Loan with hsbc in 1999 i lost my job in 2001,

the loan had protection and i had that paid for 12months

after this I could not pay as was on a course and I defaulted on the loan

and the debt went to Metropolitan collection services.

I was paying them back £48 per month during the 2003 and put it up after they wanted more money to £51 per month

now out of the blue I was contacted by Direct Legal and collections demanding £10k on my mobile phone and also my home phone.

I asked the lady on the phone who are you I have never heard of you,

She said that a letter was sent saying that they had bought the debt.

She asked for my date of birth and postcode

I said sorry I dont know you,

you are probably a fraudster write to me if you got all my details.

after contacting MCS they told me they passed on the debt to Hillesden on the 13th Jan 2009.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Blobbypet,

It would be better if you started your own thread as this could get missed.

I would send a SAR to HSBC as there is bound to be loads of charges on there.

You could always send MCS a CCA request too.

Wait the prescribed time to see what they come back with but most important, DO NOT SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE. Tell them that you want everything in writing.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sorry, Fox.

I must have moved it when you were typing ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

That's ok scott although i did start to think I was having another senior moment :)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

There shouldnt be no charges as I had loads of debts at the time of my unemployment

and got in touch with cccs and they helped me to write to my creditors,

I got all intrest frozen.

Just looked on here and found something else about hsbc

they stoped payments after 1year on my protected loan plan

and they may have missold this to me.

Can I claim against them???

You would need to check the terms of your PPI but I thought that it only covered up to 12 months anyway(i could be totally wrong on that)

Before CCCS got involved you would have racked up some charges but that goes back a long time and you may not be able to go back that far if you decided to reclaim any that are there.

I think for now the best way to go is to CCA DLC

Send them this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

Just in case you don't know the rules :)

Send the letter with a £1 postal order, no cheques

send by recorded delivery

do a track and trace on the post office website

do not sign anything, just print your name

Give them 12+2 working days to reply.

See how you go.

fox

Oh and if you can, scan and post their response to you. Good luck

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

I did thone them today and asked why I havent been told that it was being passed to dlc

I also asked them for a stament of all the funds that they have had off of me since they aquired the debt from HSBC nd they said they will send it in the next few days.

Here is email sent on 19th jan:

Further to our telephone conversation today,

we confirm that as off 13.01.2009 we purchased the above balance from our client HSBC.

Based on the information supplied today it is our intention to look to secure this balance by the means of a charging order.

To prevent this action we are prepared to accept £7551.35 on card before 7:30pm today followed by regular monthly repayments of £125.86 for 12 months.

This is a reduction of £1006.85 but should these conditions not be met then we pursue for the full balance.

Edited by Blobbypet
html wrong

We hear this all the time do not give any info over the phone not even your address it is up to any DCA to have the correct address details etc. if they don't have your address to write to it is more than likely that they are on a fishing trip trying to find someone with the same name etc. Wait till they write to you then post on this thread again.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Hi,

Wait to see if they comply with your CCA request.

Regards.

Scott.

they signed for my letter cca today

So they should get back to you by the 16th Feb.

Hi Blobby

I'm in almost the exact position to you. Similar amount owing. Was paying to MCS. Today got letter from DLC saying Hillesden have bought the debt. The letter says "Hillesden trading as DLC" (so Hillesden is DLC and vice versa).

The DLC letter is quite aggresive eg "we will start reporting against your credit file within 30 days", "failue to respond will result in legal action" etc.

I intend to continue to pay the same amount as I did with MCS. I will fill in the form they sent (minus phone details, email, homeowner etc) telling them this. But only after they have complied with a CCA and SAR request. Until they do I will put the payments to one side.

Hi Denver did you also get a letter from hsbc ?

weird as it was sent from same place as the rear bof envelope is from dlc,

I contacted the head office of hsbc and was after 9 different calls found the guy whom supose to have sent this letter.

He said where did you get my number from this a my direct number!!!!

I asked if he normally signed his letters he sends out and he was a bit misified and asked where am i comming from,

I said i have been threatendby dlc am am not happy about it your name was on one of the letters.

He asked my reference number and said that was a computer generated letter which is quite legal, it was an assignment notice.

Funny how i asked for a cca and got this,

still times running out I said for the cca only have 12 days,

he said 12 days if we can but we still can take longer if needed

but they cant take any further action untill this has been received by me.

Breathing space but im still paying or the bank is paying hsbc acording to my bank statements

Hillsden/DLC/MDB are all interlinked and run by a guy called Tony Locke, whose business practices have a lot to be desired. Never mind his threats and scan what you get on here to have it checked. Hillsden had trouble with the Data Protection Act so that is an Achilles Heel to hit hard if there is no agreement and they have been processing your data without one.

Phillip McCallum is dealing with my account had emails from him

write to confirm that a copy of the original agreement taken out with HSBC and a statement of account have been ordered this morning. This may take up to 3 weeks to arrive in our offices.

just got letter back from AE Locke of Hillesden

Dear Mr XXX

Accont number xxxxxxxx Formely HSBC xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx

1. I acknowledge recipt of £1 in connection with your data request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

2. We are still awaiting a copy of the requested documents from our client HSBC. When this becomes avaliable it will be forwarded to you.

3. If we are unable to forward a copy of the original agreement, We will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Should you require anything further please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand

Yours sincerely

:(

A E Locke

Director & Data Controller

Direct Line. 01280 707513

WHAT NOW?? :eek:

Hi,

Wait until they comply, if they do, post up whatever they send you so people can check it out.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi Blobby,

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner. I am only sending off my CCA request today.

Re; the letter they sent you (above) - just sit tight. They can do f... all until they provide that signed credit agreement. Number 3. in their letter sounds dodgy. I'm sure someone on here will have info about what that means and whether it's acceptable (I doubt it).

Just wait for them to respond.