Swindled by WebBased Company in USA

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently been scammed out of £200 by a webbased company which USED to be registered in the netherlands but has since moved HQ to Atlanta, GA USA.

how would I go about a small claim to get that money back from the USA? I have paperwork, emails and proof that the transaction was fraudulent, furthermore due to a flaw of their own, they advertised something at £200, but when I bought it I was told it was actually £2000 so the purchase was denied. Despite the purchase being denied, they say that refunds are not a company policy and they refer me to their T's and C's which state:

'We reserve the right to remove any balance from your account without giving a reason'.

had I have seen this I wouldnt' have ever signed up in the first place. Problem is proving that this new 'term' appeared since I went AWOL on them.

Furthermore, they REFUSE to give me their postal address and they said if any claims are to be made, my solicitor should contact them by, and I quote 'registering an account, and submitting a support ticket'.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adrian

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How far back and I do chargebacks? This was spaced over several payments over the last 18 months. Reason I ask this, despite it stating120 days...I have called on MANY occasions to the back regarding these guys to get the money back, but they weren't able to do anythingatthe stage.

ok well that wasn't obvious in your post.

so this has been done under a CPA?

or DD?

dx

and they

i post something you might be able to digest and use:

We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works!

banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers !

This fsa guide has now been updated:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf

Here's the text:

Cancelling a regular

card payment:

When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account,

such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription,

it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’.

These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes.

In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments.

However,

you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments.

Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments.

Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe.

see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml

dx

and they