Blake Lapthorn Northampton Court - Urgent

DARCYS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Your defence will be on the charges and associated interest.

I'll bring your thread to the attention of the more "Legal" guys who will be able to help you with the defence.

As long as you acknowledge and tick defend then you will have until the 18th Feb to submit the defence which you can do online.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ims21,

I'm afraid I failed with the Mac download. I'm just left with the original £810.00 charges I say 'only', but you know what I mean.

Thank you for your most recent advice and offer to alert the 'legal' guys.

One question before I fill anything out online. Am I right to assume it's the same form online as on my paper copy? On the back of my paper copy it says:

1. I intend to defend all of this claim

2. I intend to defend part of this claim

3. I intend to contest jurisdiction.

Am I ticking number 2 - I intend to contest part of this claim?

I'm really sorry to be so dumb, but I'm really quite nervous about filling something out wrong and not being able to rectify my mistake.

Thank you for everything.

Kind regards

D

Sorry, but if there's anyone about who can advise I'd really appreciate it.

I'm on the MCOL page & it asks if I'm defending all or part of the claim.

I do have a debt to MBNA or Arrow, but as I mentioned there are substantial charges here & I don't know whether to tick all or part of the claim online.

Thank you.

D

I would leave it until tomorrow to fill it in...it is going to be a bit quiet here overnight now and you have until 4th Feb to do it.

As far as the interest calculations go, there are some online compound interest calculators you could use... Google "Compound Interest Calculator"

I don't know if it's at all relevant, but after trawling through all my paperwork I have found:

Letter from Westcot Credit - Client Arrow Global MBNA - dated 7th June 2010

Letter from Westcot Credit - Client Arrow Global MBNA - dated 22nd June 2010

Letter from Rockwell Debt Collection - Client Arrow Global - dated 16th March 2012

Letter from Rockwell Debt Collection - Client Arrow Global - dated 5th April 2012

Letter from Fenton Cooper - Client Arrow Global - dated 8th May 2012

But no letters from Arrow Global at any point strangely.

D

Thank you 42man,

I will have a good look around the forum again. I have read many threads, but I get muddled to be honest and probably overthink everything.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

D

Suggest you go on MCOL and file AOS defend all, can you post up the agreement and the default notice that was sent to you, make sure you blank out anything that could identify you

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Sorry ims21 and creditcardmug,

I've been at work so only just got to your suggestions. Thanks so much.

Typically my scanner was on it's last legs and won't work! I'm going to try to get it up and running and then I'll scan the documents & someone who knows what they're looking for will hopefully have a good look for me. If I can't get it working I'll be trotting off in the morning to get a new one.

I filed my acknowledgement, but as it was after 4 pm it said it will be processed on the next day the court is open. Will this be Monday? And as this is the 4th - is this not too late?

Kind regards

D

Thanks ims21 - of course - my brain just isn't functioning...it's still in shock, I think.

Either that or I am trying to win 'Dumb Forum Member of The Year'. I feel I am a very strong contender & show great promise to win it :-)

Kind regards

D

just to recap, you have filed AOS defend all, if so you have 28 plus 5 days to file your defence so 33 days from the date the claim was issued (at the top of the 1st page of the claim form) ill post some more in a bit, the site kicks me off iff i type too much in a post????

So you can go and have a drink and chill a bit and look again omorrow in earnest lol

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

I see ims and others are advocating defence re unfair charges etc, however i am not au fait with this, i am thinking they may not have an agreement compliant with CCA, and may not have served a valid Default Notice, either or both of these would be a defence in itself, you can still include the charges issue subseqently if nessesary, thats why you need to post up any agreement/default notice they may have sent you, so we can see whether there is any milage in going down this route. bear in mind the other side are looking at these posts all the time, so make sure you dont include anything that could identify you to them. i see andy is on line hope he sees this:wink:

There are similarities between this and my arrow/mbna thread. It's a long read but worth it. Have a read

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mr. Hat - I read as much of your thread as I could. You and the other guys have done brilliantly.

I'm so sorry for my delay in responding.

This has been hanging over me but my lack of confidence on what to do has stopped me from doing anything. I am very nervous that I'm going to make a mistake. I make a lot of these...

What I'm trying to say is: I'm not sure what I should do next.

Please could anyone advise?

Kind regards

D

I don't know if it's helpful to post these images. This was my credit card agreement that I received. It was printed on both sides of an A4 sheet but only took up approx a third of the paper.

I'm sorry they're so small. They are the actual size of the photo copy I received from MBNA.

Scan_zpsfc5e473c.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1

Scan2_zps2f3cc622.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might need to do?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

D

Darcy you need to scan and convert your images to pdf. Remove any identifiable data before uploading.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Right, had a read through this. Ideally you need someone with more expertise that me but let's see what we can do for now.

1. Am I right in thinking you acknowledged service online in time and chose to 'defend all'

2. In your own words, what is the basis of your defence. Just a short sentence will do

3. Are you aware that you need to file a defence by monday (18th) at 4pm and have you drafted something

4. Have you now managed to calculate the charges + interest

CAG has helped me so much since I joined. Based on what I have learnt from others on here and my own experiences, I try to chip in and help others from time to time. I am not an expert and give my opinion only. Always check with the more experienced CAG members before making important decisions.

:-)

Hi MrHat - thank you for responding to me.

1. Yes, I acknowledged service online and chose to defend all. I thought this was the right thing to do. Did I get this wrong?

2. I know there are a significant number of charges in the amount being claimed.

3. Yes...and no. Yes, I'm aware but No, I haven't drafted anything as I don't know how to. I'm sorry for being stupid. I have to be honest, I am completely afraid of this. Sorry.

4. No, I haven't been able to calculate the charges including interest, because the spreadsheet didn't seem to like my Mac formatting. I did try a lot, but no joy I'm afraid & I gave up.

The amount of the standalone charges (without interest) was £810.00

Thank you for your kindness.

D