tonydunn12

The AA Breakdown Repaid Policy claim rejected

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2454 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All

Sorry but I was unsure where to post this issue so thought best to put it in the general forum.

My main question is - Is there a legal meaning for 'wear and tear?' My claim for a Head Gasket failure has been rejected because of this. My car is an S reg so their clause of things they will not cover 'Failure of parts as a result of wear and tear' can surely be used against every claim I ever make which is surely unfair. When I applied for the cover they asked for my registration number and mileage and then increased my premium because of the age and mileage of my car.

I am about to complain to the Financial Ombudsman but I am looking for help on how to put my point across with regards to a unfair clause which can be used against any claim for a car of its age taking into account I pay more because of that very issue.

Thank you and I look forward to your help.

Tony