threat of bailiff following CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

another grave mistake but I am learning now.

Was taken to court by a DCA and admitted liability for £250 pounds.....sent cheque and the bank bounced the cheque, the DCA then sent a letter threating a bailiff to remove goods and a DVD player etc, I ignored the letter my fault. the debt has now gone up to £312 and I have received a letter from the courts with a name and mobile no of a bailiff, the letter from the court says that I have to pay by 17/10/2006. I cannot pay, I can split the payments into 4 equal instalments and the first payment 01/11/2006. What shall I do, shall I write to the courts or phone the bailiff, I am very reluctant to call the bailiff as everyone says never deal with phone calls always in writing, but there is no address or company name of the bailiff, just someone's name. The debt is for EGG, which I know for a fact that some of the debt includes ilegal charges, problem is though when the matter went to court I admitted I did owe the money, its not a problem money wise as I can pay but just not that amount all in one hit.

I need to take some sort of action by Tuesday so if anyone has some advice I would be gratefull.

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

:) - a HUGE ;) thanks to CAG.

22/08 DPA to Capital One Sent recorded delivery

22/08 DPA to RBS Advanta Sent recorded delivery

ALWAYS USE RECORDED DELIVERY

Guest ian cognito

Firstly get on to the court, as you have ignored previous correspondence, they will not be aware of your circumstances and so have just gone with the DCA request. You have more chance with them than the bailiff but don't promise something you can't deliver.

Then start the process to claim your charges back from Egg, if you had done this sooner, I don't think they woud have been able to pass the case to a DCA because of the dispute.

I doubt you will get your money in time to help you with this but at least you will get it back.

Good luck

thanks for that, I am happy to pay the court and will contact them on monday,

I owe CAP 1 1500 pounds of which 1150 are charges, I received all my data last week and am more than happy to claim the charges back, more than happy.

Egg on the other hand are very sketchy, and before I go down that road I want to have this cleared and also be making payments on a regular basis, the strange thing is that I really made a big mistake.

The debt is for 1400 pounds, but for some reason the DCA only took me to court for £250, and I agreed because I was under a lot of stress at the time I didn't need the hassle and did not have any time to invest, I also read on a couple of other files that EGG are not like RBS, HSBC etc, they take it all the way and I wasn't prepared to go down this road knowing that I may make a mistake, so want I want to do is to clear this debt of £312, then start making some regular payments on the account, once I am at that stage I will start a claim....but my house has to be in order first because of past dealings with some of the other members who have actually had to appear in court.

Egg are the only company that take it all the way, unlike HSBC who payed me out within 10 days of my first letter to them.

HSBC Prelim Letter sent 08/08 recorded delivery requesting £1645 - offer made of £1420 on 18/08 and accepted

Guest ian cognito

Yes I agree with your strategy on this but I do think Egg are going to come unstuck before long.

Good luck with it all, keep us posted.

yes I really hope so I really don't like the way they have treated some of the CAG members, I'm not the most layed back person and when I'm stressed I can get angry so court is totally out of the question for me at the moment, but my new job is going really well just landed a new contract which is quite a biggie so should be sorted by January and ready to take them on.Thanks