ESA Medical Certificate experation question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i received a letter from ESA saying that my Medical Certificate was about to expire on December 19th (See the mistake) and that i had to send them a doctors letter by the 20th of December (second mistake). I only sent my ESA request on the 11th of January. I hadn't even sent them a form of Medical Certificate yet. Their letter is dated January 28th. To me this seems like a huge mistake on their part.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

That's the date i sent the forms, Yes i asked to be backdated. But i don't understand why they would need it by December 20th when its already passed.

Edited by morgwin

:morgwin:

Telephone claim or a paper ESA1?

Whichever, you'll need to send Jobcentreplus a backdated Med 3 (unfit) note. Doctors can backdate them for up to three months if you've had a previous consultation, face to face or telephone, about the condition you're claiming for.

If you send a Med 3 on its own (without a claim form), suggest you staple it to a sheet of A4 with your name and national insurance number written on it. Less likely to get lost.

Not sure, but my educated guess is that the 'incorrect' dates are cos you want to backdate the claim.

Regards, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**
That's the date i sent the forms, Yes i asked to be backdated. But i don't understand why they would need it by December 20th when its already passed.

Margaret has it, I think. Every day of your ESA claim needs to be covered by a medical note (well, except for the first seven days, for which you can self-certify the way you can when you work and are ill). So if you've asked for a backdated award, you need the cert to prove that you were ill at the time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

:morgwin:

Right, I'm assuming that the ESA request referred to in #1 was a paper ESA1 form. Did you explain on the form why you want to backdate the claim?

Yes: You need to send Jobcentreplus a backdated Med 3 (unfit) note attached to a sheet of A4 headed up with something along the lines of 'ESA claim for Mr/Ms XXXXXX, national insurance number XXXXXX'.

No: Enclose the Med 3 with a letter of explanation as to why you want the claim backdated and be sure to put your national insurance number on the letter.

Regards, Margaret.