me & my various benefits

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry can I just ask if anyone knows if the dwp have to inform us as to when our last payment for esa will be? Or will it be a case of no money being in the bank then having to do without until we phone them to reclaim esa?

We are due a payment on the 19th and we aren't sure if we will get this, the guy on the phone said if your due a payment then it will be issued today and to call them back on monday to see if its been processed, which will cost us another £7.50 if not more to get through to them

I doubt very much the change will be processed in time - you may well receive this payment plus the next payment, especially considering the DWP are short staffed over christmas.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Sorry for the 2 threads

And the nearest jobcentre is a 30min walk so yes I will just have to walk there on monday to find out.

Also I rang the dwp back on the freephone number to ask about claiming JSA as a couple and I was told since we have a dependant child we can't do a joint claim so it would be me signing on and hubby just added as a partner claim, does anyone know if this is correct? If so that wouls suit us better as hubby can't look for work

a joint claim is where both people are required to sign and hav individual job seekers agreements to follow.

a couple claim is when only 1 of the couple is required to sign.

Can I just ask which one me and my partner would have to claim as we have a child 15, and if its a couple claim how long before we have to do a joint claim? Many thanks

It will be a couple claim until your child turns 16 and then you will need to convert to a joint claim.

You choose which one of you will be best suited to be actively seeking as per a JSAg but of course you can both still look for work :)

Thanks again flumps1976 your post is very helpful

Still in too mind what to do for the best ie: claim jobseekers or reclaim esa

I think the esa will be best because I want hubby to be fully fit before I could return to work, I know that sounds silly but I care for him full time and I would hate to think what would happen to him if I weren't there :(

Its just a case of waiting to hear when they will close his claim so we can reclaim

Just hope we don't end up with no money over the christmas

shazajo if it has been 6 months since the decision then yes consider a new claim for ESA but if less than 6 months then unless a medical condition has deteriorated or new condition then a new claim can be accepted but not paid until a new medical is attended I believe (I'm not ESA traoned and most of my esa know how comes from other on this forum).

Unless you have carer allowance for your partner ten you can't consider restrictions on your JSAg either sorry, so best find out what the situation is regarding your ESA first then start your own thread for advice :)

Hi

I have just yesterday signed on for jobseekers for the first time and after a bit of advice

I signed yesterday and done my jobseekers agreement etc and was wondering when we will get our first payment?

I asked the lady and all she said was its paid in arrears which I knew but not sure when we can expect paid.

We got our last esa payment today for the 2 previous weeks.

Also is this universal job match mandatory for me to sign up to? As I've read conflicting stories

Thanks

Hi

I have just yesterday signed on for jobseekers for the first time and after a bit of advice

I signed yesterday and done my jobseekers agreement etc and was wondering when we will get our first payment?

I asked the lady and all she said was its paid in arrears which I knew but not sure when we can expect paid.

We got our last esa payment today for the 2 previous weeks.

Also is this universal job match mandatory for me to sign up to? As I've read conflicting stories

Thanks

Been easier to stick to your last thread instead of starting another Again !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?375941-jobseekers-allowance-confused&p=4079026&viewfull=1#post4079026

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Shazajo, it will depend if your JSA claim has actually been processed as to how quickly the payment will be issued. Normally for an established claim the payment is received 3 working days after signing at JCP.

When you attended was it your first signing or your initial JSA appointment? If was your initial appointment then the BC won't receive the form until after you have attended that interview and average processing times are 10 to 14 working days from claim received to claim ready for payment. If it was your first signing on then did they let you know if te claim had been processed or not?

UJM is not mandatory at the moment.

Shazajo, from personal experience try to stay with the same benefit, otherwise you'll just be jumping off one merry-go-round on to another.

I went onto Jsa for a very short time. It's the worst thing i did. I only had a physical disability to start with, and the pain and problems that go with it. Now i've ended up with clinical depression and i haven't had a payment for over three months. Once you go onto Jsa, if you then go back onto Esa, you are a new claim and it causes more problems than enough.

Shazajo, it will depend if your JSA claim has actually been processed as to how quickly the payment will be issued. Normally for an established claim the payment is received 3 working days after signing at JCP.

When you attended was it your first signing or your initial JSA appointment? If was your initial appointment then the BC won't receive the form until after you have attended that interview and average processing times are 10 to 14 working days from claim received to claim ready for payment. If it was your first signing on then did they let you know if te claim had been processed or not?

UJM is not mandatory at the moment.

Hi flumps1976

I think this may have been my first signing and also we went through the jobseekers agreement etc, she also stated that I would go for a personal advisor interview on the 10th jan to talk more in depth about helping me back into work

I'm starting to panic now as I can't remember the lady saying it has been processed, the only thing I can remember is she says sign here on a piece of card and she said every time you come you will sign this and your signature will be compared.

I asked when we would get the first payment and she said I can't guarantee but it normally takes 2 weeks, does this sound right?

And thanks for info regarding UJM , I will keep that in mind for when I next sign

That was your new claim interview which means that your claim hadn't even got to the benefit centre so hasn't even been looked and therefore no where near processed.

A new claim to JSA takes on average 10 to 14 working days so you can't realistically expect anything to be paid until the first or second week in January.

You signed the ES80 for a sample signature and the initial JSAg which will be revised again at your next advisory appointment.

That was your new claim interview which means that your claim hadn't even got to the benefit centre so hasn't even been looked and therefore no where near processed.

A new claim to JSA takes on average 10 to 14 working days so you can't realistically expect anything to be paid until the first or second week in January.

You signed the ES80 for a sample signature and the initial JSAg which will be revised again at your next advisory appointment.

Thanks for the info

Looks like we will have a crap christmas then because I don't go back to see the advisor until the 10th of january, so no money over christmas well that's great!

I don't know how they can do this to people and here's me thinking well 2 weeks aint that bad to wait how wrong was I

This has made me feel so depressed now knowing that we will have no money for at least 4 weeks

My intention was never to depress you sorry :(

Looking at the calenders 10 to 14 working days from receipt of your claim for is anything between 4th and 10th January, but there is nothing to say that your claim wouldn't be processed before those dates, the 10 to 14 days are average clearance times.

It is simply unfortunate that is this time of year with the 4 days that the offices are closed which increase the processing times. Even if your claim was processed tomorrow it probably wouldn't release any payment until you attended your first signing which would trigger the payment, and if that was the case and claim was processed tomorrow you wouldn't get any payment before Christmas due to clearance times.

As I said I didn't want to dpress you but also in the same turn I wouldn't wan you to get your hopes up thinking payment should credit tomorrow iygwim?

Thanks flumps1976

I know you didn't mean to depress me but I was under the impression that as I don't go to see the personal advisor until the 10th then sign on again on the 14th I'm thinking we wouldn't get any payment until after the 14th that's what I'm worried about.

If we had of still been on ESA we would of had a payment on the 2nd of jan anyway and that's what I was hoping that we wouldn't be left with any gap in payment if that makes sense?.

But with you saying that it wasn't my official signing I'm thinking crikey I don't sign again until the 14th of jan hence payment after that time.

I just hope it gets sorted asap so as not to have to ask for a crisis loan :(.

Your replys are very helpful guess I just jumped ahead of myself and went into panic mode so I do apologise

No problem I apologise that although I try to be as "nice" as can be on here I don't see the point in sugar coating things when I know that it is hughly unlikely to be acheived.

So next signing is 14th which means that signing would have been 1st but excused from signing due to the bank holiday, keep your fingers crossed that the claim is processed quickly and that paymentis the advanced so that it reaches your account on 31st.

The earliest you can contact the BC to check on the progress of the claim will be 4th Jan if you don't have anything credited on 31st as they don't "like" enquiries before te 10 working days and will advise you to call back on or after that date.

No problem I apologise that although I try to be as "nice" as can be on here I don't see the point in sugar coating things when I know that it is hughly unlikely to be acheived.

So next signing is 14th which means that signing would have been 1st but excused from signing due to the bank holiday, keep your fingers crossed that the claim is processed quickly and that paymentis the advanced so that it reaches your account on 31st.

The earliest you can contact the BC to check on the progress of the claim will be 4th Jan if you don't have anything credited on 31st as they don't "like" enquiries before te 10 working days and will advise you to call back on or after that date.

Thanks again , and yeah fingers crossed we get a payment after the christmas, but I won't hold me breath