• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can I claim ppi Black horse loans from 1998 and 1999

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi dx ,,

I received a reply to my sar

I am a little perplexed as I sent a sar request

,in accordance with the data protection act, sent me copies of the agreements .

Strangely they are arguing that I did not take ppi out on one of the loans from 1994 when I first contacted them

,but they have sent me transcripts from it with all these shortened letters which mean something to them but not me .

Also ,from reading the news,they have shortchanged me from the payment I accepted on the first loan

as they have they have printed the magic words in the original offer i.e £9 in every £100 of net monthly repayment as ruled by the f.s.a. and mention the redress,

I accepted the offer before the news broke out that they are one of the banks that are holding back on the proper repayment .

please can someone advise me is an s.a.r. the same as a d.a.p. ,,

and I am certain that they shortchanged me on the ppi repayment .

Pls can you advise on what letter I can write back to them .

Thanks Maggie

adap?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

on the short change bit

best way id to simply phone the PPI line in their letter

and tell them you want the rest of your money back.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes they are.

dx

and they

On the loan they say we did not take the ppi out ,I distinctly remember we did .

They have sent me in their words a deletion statement for the agreement .

on this statement are lots of abbreviations ...n...and ptp add ...and lots of others ,

,and they also ask me to provide dates and times of telephone calls as this would help them search their database

.On a loan ,,if ppi were taken out ,what abbreviation would it show on the info they have sent me

also a ppi was taken out in 2003 a single payment of on top of credit.

I have no idea on how to work out the amount owed or fill in spreadsheets .

so please can you help me as I don,t want to be "cheated" on what they really owe me .

Thanks Maggie

they should provide a abbv key sheet.

the statements will show the PPI payments?

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...
dont think it does

its just a universal form

what I am saying is

they paid your loan for a period of time

it APPEARS that they have not realised this in their refund offer

IF they realise or are told this you could lose X times £70 from the net total figure

thus then even more from the resultant interest as the net sum will be low

my gut feeling is to accept

and run..fast..

I say the above as this appears to be for ONE LOAN ONLY

you said you had 3?

so two to come?

I read something similar on another thread, so is that how refund, in separate letters or cheques for each loan?

• 2 weeks later...

please can you help .I am not very computer illiterate and would like some help on calculating how much ppi refund I should receive from a single premium of £70.76 being added to a loan in 2003

only one? then it stopped?

StatIntSheet v101.xls

and they

ah right

follow link one below

and they

• 3 months later...

I was searching for success stories relating to old ppi claims. I came accross this fab forum and read your posts with interest (though lots went over my head completely I admit!)

I am keen to know whether you were offered a better refund in the end? You mention £1000 but wasn't clear if you negotiated more?

I am in similar position of now being in ill health and after my house was repossessed I am up to my eyes in debt and struggling with loan sharks and bringing up young children.

I realised I may have a claim as I found my original paperwork from 1999 when I was mis sold ppi when taking car finance.

I contacted the car sales company who referred to their solicitor, who in turn stated since they don't keep records after 6 years it will be considered time barred under Limitations Act.

The F/ombudsman helpline said that it doesn't matter and to approach black horse who took over Chartered Trust whom the policy was with.

Keen to hear your thoughts on dealing with them? I also had a separate ppi policy on a personal loan which was also with Black Horse Finance. However I recently through away all the old paperwork when trying to declutter after being repo'd and having to downsize massively!

I am encouraged to hear you were refunded. Sounds like a long slog u went through. I wondering if I have strength and time to pursue

These loans were taken out with Lloyds in 1998 and 1999,,

was told the PPI HAD to be included or we could not have the loans .

My hubby was made redundant from his job half way through ,

,we put a claim in for the ppi insurance

,,in the meantime

,,charges were also placed on our account due to the insurance paying the loan cover late into the account each month ,

,,,,from our credit records ,

,,I have the account numbers on both loans ,the date they began and were satisified ,

,,and also black horse has put an amount of arrears 2 months late ,19 payments 3 months late ,,

,which was not our fault ,as their insurance company the ppi was with ,

was not paying the loan amount in the account each month that they should have been

,,but were making the payments two or three months late ,

,,therefore we incurred quite a lot of charges too .

Can I claim a refund on the ppi and maybe the charges from these loans taken out with the ppi ,

,,from all these years ago .?

If so ,,please can someone give me advice on how to go about the next step

and an idea of what to write in the letter to lloyds ,,

,,our life was made hell back then

,through all the debt and charges added ,,,

might be setter to start a new thread

of your own

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

Hi sarahnicho,,

I am so sorry that I haven,t been able to reply to your thread much earlier ,

I have been really unwell these past months

,to and fro hospital but

I have today,,checked all my e-mails which has taken me quite a time ,

and saw the reply to my thread sent by cag...

No ,it wasn,t a hard slog to get them to reimburse me the ppi ,

,as I already had info on them from my credit file with Equifax..

We also incurred lots of charges from these loans ,

I intend to pursue them as well ,with the help of these marvellous people on here.

Once again ,

I am so sorry that I was unable to reply to your question until now .

Maggie