Query on Parking Machines/maintenance LDK Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning, Sorry if I have started this thread in wrong section. I'm just after some advice regarding payment for a parking ticket. Basically we have 2 car parks opposite work, which the land is owned by Mandale Properties and ran by LDK Group. There has been issues with the parking machines either not accepting money or taking money and not giving a ticket to display in windscreen. When the issue first happened we rang them and were given a reference number to display in windscreen. when the said issue happened again, the office manager at LDK Group was rather rude and accused people of lying so ref numbers are no longer given! You have to pay again (in the machine in other car park - which are just as tempremental!) and they will give you a "days free parking" once the machine has been checked (audited, i'm assuming). When asked if she was sending someone out now, she said No, they are on a rota and will come when they are due. I am still waiting for £8 from them. I, along with a few others have put notes in our windscreens, stating time parked and fee paid, whilst others (assuming fearful of getting a ticket have paid again!) My query is, surely they should be maintaining these machines to prevent this from happening and can they legally make you pay twice when the "promise" of a refund doesnt appear. They have now not answered any of my queries when I challenged them. Am sat at work now waiting for a parking charge to be attached to my windscreen. (ooo best part is they take photos of your car on a mobile phone lol) thanks x

I would never pay it! Scheming lil ****s, keep looking out window to see if my little car has any notices on it yet. I have a Private Property Notice displayed too which says: Any man,woman or corporation attaching anything (including but not limited to, clamps, PCNs,and other notices) to this vehicle (or any part of this vehicle) without prior written, specific and signed consent from Registered Keeper will have it removed forcefully, and incur an immediate fee for removal of £500 payable within 24 hours. Plus an additional £200 for everyday the fee is not paid. The removal of this vehicle from its location is charged at £500, plus £200 for everyday it is not returned. By attaching anythis to this vehicle (or any part of this vehicle), or by removing this vehicle you agree to the above terms and conditions. It's going to be a long day.

I would never pay it!

??

Scheming lil ****s, keep looking out window to see if my little car has any notices on it yet. I have a Private Property Notice displayed too which says: Any man,woman or corporation attaching anything (including but not limited to, clamps, PCNs,and other notices) to this vehicle (or any part of this vehicle) without prior written, specific and signed consent from Registered Keeper will have it removed forcefully, and incur an immediate fee for removal of £500 payable within 24 hours. Plus an additional £200 for everyday the fee is not paid. The removal of this vehicle from its location is charged at £500, plus £200 for everyday it is not returned. By attaching anythis to this vehicle (or any part of this vehicle), or by removing this vehicle you agree to the above terms and conditions. It's going to be a long day.

You've wasted your ink/paper. There are certain organisations (such as local authorities and the police) who can legally attach tickets to your car. AND the charges that you have quoted would not reflect your actual losses so would be considered a penalty meaing that you (as a private concern) would not be able to legally recover. Bit like the LDK really.

and...................................there is 17 cars with tickets!! Been over to see the little toerag, and he tried bamboozling me with "tech talk" the best was a woman who gave him his ticket back! If we appeal and prove we rang them this morning he stated the ticket would be squashed, hmm trust that about as far as I could throw a boulder! Dont fancy my chances..........time to be strong again! and ignore all correspondance. A colleague has informed me she ignored all correspondance, changed her car and they clamped her!!!!!!!

Ok little update, have been in touch with the land owner, Mandale Group, who state they have had lots of issues. My details have been passed over. she wasnt inpressed when I asked under the freedom of information act a copy of all complaints, appeals and audits of machines and tickets, she advised it was LDK Group who would provide this, I explained he said it was them! He said all he does is ticket, thats all. Madale stated that LDK run the whole car park including maintenance of machines etc. I'll await further correspondance from them, but I am not paying it!!!! I have proof on my call log I rang them (though never managed to speak to anyone as it was engaged for 20 mins, hmm I wonder why lol )

Think you are getting too involved with them they will have you believing there dribble

If you get a ticket you can ignore it and any letters

all the time you are feeding them information with your car details home address whatever it is they will think they have a hold over you

There will be no clamping either

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

No as she didnt pursue it. I would have challenged it. I've not spoken to LDK Group, Just the land owner Mandale Properties, to which 6 of us at work have rang Mandale. Wonder if I could counter attack them by claiming theft against them, as I never got money back.

You could argue that as you paid the required sum for a service that you didint get what you paid for and thus are entitled to a refund along with all consequential losses. As they are the owner of the land they are responsible unless the parking company volutarily admits liability for your losses and compensates you without a murmur. Ask them for STRICT proof of evidence to the contrary (has a specific pre action or settlement meaning) if they say that they are not liable. That would mean they would have to disclose their contract with the PPC and all of the payments etc to/by either party.