VERY catalogue debt !

jsblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am new to this site and unsure what to do.

I really need help with a catalogue debt i have with VERY Ltd.

I have been paying this debt for almost 2 years and it still hasnt cleared, infact it has only gone down about £90

from the total balance.

I have been issued with numerous charges for late payments, minimum amount payments, letters, etc.. you name it,

yet i had set up a payment option???

Also the amount of interest added is phenomenal.

I am unemployed and am at my wits end.

I feel as though I am never going to get this payed off.

Please help !!!!!!

Hello and Welcome,

Do you have all your statements for this account and when did you take it out.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

hi

I don't have them all u unfortunately. I have had this account for a few years now but placed the order in feb 2011 for the item related to the current debt.

thanks.

J

You would be wise to send a Subject Access Request to them in order to get hold of the statements of account or transaction history.

All of those charges for late payment, going over limit etc. etc should be reclaimed together with the interest charges as a result of them.

You might find that this clears the debt....it will certainly put a big dent in it.

There is a template letter for a SAR in the library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. Cost is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.

• 4 weeks later...

You will need this spreadsheet....complete it in accordance with the instructions on the notes tab

CISheet v101.xls

When done you will need to write to the lender requiring them to refund the amount per your spreadsheet.

It would be wise for you to look around at other threads in the catalogue forum so you can get up to speed on how to progress this.

its a bit more than the total. Am i right in saying that the charges had interest on them according to the spreadsheet? I just copied and pasted a completed spreadsheet and amended it according to my own dates/charges.

You should now have a spreadsheet with the "Claim to" date set to today, the interest rate set to the rate they were charging you on the account and then a list of all of the late payment charges and other penalty charges.

The spreadsheet will show you a figure for the charges, the interest and the total amount.

You now need to write to the lender and demand that this be refunded.

Enclose a copy of your spreadsheet with the letter.

There is a good template here in post #31 which you should amend to suit your particular account. While this template relates to a credit card, the principles are the same for a catalogue account.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-Charges-older-than-6-years-***WON***-Compound-Int-t-and-**NO-SET-OFF**/page2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I sent the spreadsheet and letter and the only correspondence I have had back is yet another letter with yet another £12 charge.

Also a letter stating that the payment I sent was unacceptable.

(I also sent a letter saying that I would pay them £20 a month for the next 6 months).

What do I do now..

Next step is to send them a 7 day Letter Before Action.

Basically the same as the preliminary letter you sent but headed "Letter Before Action" and with a final paragraph to the effect that of they do not refund these charges and interest you will issue in court.

Send an updated spreadsheet with the letter.

Send it by recorded delivery to their registered office.

Only threaten court of you intend to go through with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I received a letter from Shop Direct stating that the late payment fees have been justly applied to my account

as I had failed to maintain payments??!!

Therefore they are unable to uphold my complaint and refund admin charges and interest charges.

If i am not happy with their response I can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service??

What do I do next ??

In the meantime, I am still getting charges for 'insufficient minimum payment' and as a result my balance is increasing again.

... feel as though i am going round in circles.

I am still unemployed and therefore cannot afford what they are wanting per month..

• 2 months later...

hi its me again.

well I am still receiving interest and charges despite writing a letter to the effect of getting them stopped.

Very's reply to the spreadsheet, etc. was that the charges were applied accordingly

and would not wave them, nor the interest,

so therefore i am back to square one, with a total amount now nearer £500 !!

It is affecting my credit rating now and i am just wanting this out of the way..

how worried are you aboutyou cra file?

have they actually defaulted the account yet ?

you pay them what you say via your internet banking portal

and stick to it.

they'll never go near a court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...