Door Step Caller Removed From Property

biggeorge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all hope this is in an appropriate place.

Long story short: Name with held of company for now.

Wrote to door step loan company 2nd Jan explain financial difficulties and to arrange a payment plan for a token payment till we get sorted financially.

Not heard anything until tonight at 8.30 where I find an agent asking for a payment at the door,

I quickly explain I am waiting for confirmation from head office in writing and won't be paying anything and I close the door.

This idiot then starts bashing the door,

I open the door again and explain to him he is on private property and to remove himself now,

He refuses to go

I again asked him to remove himself from my private property,

After this 2nd refusal I helped him off my property.

I was then hit with a barrage of threats and fowl language while he wandered off up the street.

Is it correct that you can use reasonable force to remove someone from your private property?

His behavior was threatening after having the door closed in his face.

I have written a letter of complaint for the company regarding this agent

just wanting to be sure about the legal aspect of using reasonable force to remove someone.

Regards

George

You can use REASONABLE force to remove someone.

This means grabbing them stiffly by the arm and moving them to the gate or the street.

You cannot injure them at all, or bruise them as they can claim assault.

I've moved a few muppets from my property too over the years.

At first, i simply grabbed them under the armpit or their upper arm and "lifted" them out, similar to how the police move troublemakers.

Do it with enough force and they cant do anything but go with you.

However,

i have 2 pretty big dogs now, so they have the run of the back garden.

If someone comes in the front gate, i just open the side door and the side gate ( which is right next to the side door).

It's funny seeing how fast the idiots run off back up the path with 2 dogs chasing them.

Of course, my dogs wouldnt hurt a fly, all they are doing is being nosy, but the collectors dont know that.

Plus my dogs know never to go out the front gate, so when they get to the gate, they just stop and stand there watching the guy walk off.

Can i ask which DCA you are dealing with.

We can then tell you how your complaint will be handled.

Although 99.99% of the time it will go totally ignored.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you or your family feel threatened by his actions?

Then you are well within your rights to remove him from your property as long as it wasn't excessive force.

I've got some brain cell from scot call ' coming to discuss my debt' at the week end.

By my debt I mean the previous tenants,

Heh scotcall. You know theyre desperate when that lot get hold of the debt. They only deal in bad debts, and do not care if the person who owes the debt doesnt live there anymore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you must name and shame prob provident?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Reasonable force is fine but probably best to write a thorough account of what happened, and the precise nature of any persuasion used to leave - even better if there was a witness. Get the complain into their office pronto and detail the language which he used.

Just in case said collector decides to ram his face into a wall and tries to claim that your reasonable force included a few slaps about the chops....

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Heh scotcall. You know theyre desperate when that lot get hold of the debt. They only deal in bad debts, and do not care if the person who owes the debt doesnt live there anymore.

The last one that visited was a right tool.

Where do they find them?

This is a very dangerous thing to do.

Although you are entitled to use reasonable force - you should get someone to witness it and if possible either record the sound - or it possible video it so that there is no possibility of any "misunderstanding" later on

Thanks for the replies all, and yes dx100uk you were correct.

Have a complaint letter ready to go to the company and do have witnesses as my wife and daughter

were both there behind me at the door.

My foscam is crap behind a window as the IR led come on and blinds itself, plus I forgot to press record on the PC

as I would have at least had the audio then.

Have been a customer for so many years and no bank details as its a door step call to collect weekly, I asked

in start of January for bank details to make a token payment rather than a caller coming round for £1.

George

Reasonable force used its ok.

I had a nasty collector from these lot (provvi) at one point, verbally abusive and threatening at one point he just walked right into my front room (wasn't invited) .

I told him to get out or the police will be called his reply "call them they wont do Jack sh** to me but. They will to you"

Luckily I had my brother and son with me, brothers ex army and my sons over 6ft and stocky built.

When he did leave I was on the phone to my local office reporting him. The local manager came out and I explained to him what happened and guess what the agent was sacked.

I have now got a lovely agent who calls and I don't pay the full amount just what I can afford and she's fine with it.

Biggeorge,

This is disgusting behaviour from a debt collector.

I would certainly not do this on a doorstep, IMHO, you have done the reasonable action.

As a debt collector myself, I always listen to what people say at the door and respond to their needs.

It is disgusting that some debt collectors think they can do such things to people, esp. if you are in communication with the company.

Good job he got sacked as well.

should video the removal . and only use reasonable force . also talk to who your removing saying don't struggle and no one will get hurt. i am using reasonable force to eject you from private land> the more you struggle the more reasonable force i will need to use.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

I think you should also make a complaint to the OFT - they monitor the licences of these companies :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D