Transfer RTA claim- HELP

safeqaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a RTA accident a little while back now and was been dealt with my solicitors. The RTA was on a roundabout where i got sandwiched in the middle. So far the car on the left is blaming the truck on my right and vice versa.

I had a witness on the scene and he decided to give a statement in my favor, i thanked the witness and said he may need to go to court. But as soon as he heard this he called my solicitors claiming that he was not there and wanted to withdraw the statement.

My solicitor contacted me and implied i was trying to falsify a statement, i was shocked and decided to transfer my claim. Unfortunately im having no luck as the medical report has been issued and no other solicitor is willing to pay for this.

So im wondering if anyone knows any solicitors that will help me progress my claim.

Thanks a mill people.

Hello there.

We're not allowed to recommend solicitors here, I'm afraid. You could try the Law Society website. It has a find a solicitor facility where you input where you are and the speciality you're looking for, then it tells you who's in your area.

I hope the guys will be along later with some views for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well you have decided to cancel your arrangement with a solicitor (or claims legal advisors & not a real solicitor) so you will have to pay the cost of the medical report yourself. You should contact this solicitor you cancelled with, to see what the score it. Are they going to send you a bill for cancelling with them and not seeing the claim through ?

Any legal expenses cover on your Car Insurance ? If so, check with them.

This car claim is probably now going to be a 50/50, so everyone will be equally responsible. The third party witness had every right to withdraw, if there was going to be any hassle beyond making a written statement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ye i did contact them and they will send me the bill but i think this is unfair as he didnt see the claim through. Ye i do have legal expenses cover with my car insurance.

This is a personal injury case, but it cant be 50/50 as there are three cars involved and they are blaming each other. That one hit me which caused me to go into the other and vice versa.

Yes he had every right to withdraw but he told my solicitor that he is withdrawing because he wasnt there and i made it up :-S

So at the moment im trying to find solicitors but they dont want my case as the majority of work is done.

Only thing left is to send medical report and start court proceedings.

Speak to your Car Insurers re using the legal expenses cover. They may cover the cost of the medical. Explain about being let down by the Solicitors you used and if they will consider taking the matter over.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

Don't you think it was a huge over reaction to just cancel your claim like that? Can't you continue with your original solicitors?

Have you tried ringing others etc?

Edited by Andyorch
Reference tol companies removed

No it wasnt a over reaction as i believe if a solicitor has lost faith in you there is no point in trying to carry on. I havent actually called my car insurance to deal with this claim as i have heard they don't always work in your best interest. So i prefer contacting other solicitors.

A few i have called and they are not interested due to the progress of the claim, as now they will get paid less as majority of work is done.

This has left me in a not so good situation.