p45 received whilst in the esa appeal stage, why?

cooperkit1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am really hoping someone can help me understand why, whilst my husband is at the appeal stage (after been declined a transfer from incapacity benefit to esa) has he today received a P45?

My husband has been on long term sick due to depression, anxiety and stress (I am really beginning to understand the condition, since all the above kicked in).:???:

Can anyone advise us why the above has happened and what we need to do next?

Thanks

Hi

We sent in a sick note on the 23rd, the original end date was the 22nd...We took the sick note into the job centre and they gave us a stamped addressed envelope which we then sent recorded delivery?

Strange though, as the envelope was to go to a preston address...and now we have recently received something with a Chester address saying they are dealing with the appeal??

Thanks

We are going to contact the office dealing with the claim and advise them that they are in error, if they have closed the claim, as we immediately sent off the sick note my husbands Dr provided for 3 months on the due date. Fortunately we sent this recorded delivery,,it seems it is best not to take these people on trust.:-x

Also don't send them recorded. For some reason it can delay receipt of it.

If you have one of the DWPs 2nd class pre paid envelopes ask for it to be upgraded to 1st (costs 11p) and ask for a FREE proof of posting certificate.

As Rae says give it 7-10 days from posting and give ESA a call to check receipt.

Recorded is a waste of £1.50 as all DWP recorded mail is bulk signed for (no proof your mail was in it), opened at mail handling centers then resent via DWPs own mail system to offices/departments.

Until the mail gets to the right desk in the right department the DWP class it as not received.

As long as you can prove you've sent it (even if you can't) all the DWP will tell you to is to re-sent it. All the recorded and proof of posting do is just that prove you sent something so why waste £1.50?

The best tip I recommend is ensure your NI number and also initial the benefit is for on each sheet. That way if it get lost in the DWP internal post NI + benefit its for make it easy for them to identify where it should have gone. I write ESA on top of all my Fit Notes and never had a problem.

I would suggest always taking a photcopy before you send as well

Yes, always, always photocopy. Also best to staple the fit note to an A4 piece of paper with your details on it - those little fit notes sent in as is, get lost really easily.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Have you confirmed receipt of the fit note with the processing team? If they have it then yes you can request that the claim is considered for re-opening based on the evidence that they are now in receipt of.

If they haven't received the fit note then you can request a duplicate from your GP and then request an AJCS (pronounced AJAX) appointment for the fit to be sent via HOTT from your local JCP and also to request that claim is re-opened. This appointment can be requested via the telephony team when calling the Benefit Centre.

Always try and send (un)fit notes at least a week before the old one expires to allow processing time.

how do you do that when some GP's wont write notes until the old has expired?

incidently anything I have sent the dwp usually takes 2 weeks to be processed minimal.