HL Solicitors chasing old missed Sky Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just had a phone call to my mobile, from another mobile number, from HL Solicitors, I checked their office number to make sure it was genuine. They were ringing for payment of a debt, it worried me as they are solicitors, and I feel quite shook up. They said they had sent a letter out on Friday, and I should get it soon, and they will ring back in a few days.

I know I am in debt and I need to sort it out and pay it off, have looked on national debtline website and may contact them later.

HL seemed a bit pushy and I cant help feeling anxious having a solicitors ring me like that. They are also emailing me about this debt.

They wanted to know all about any other debts and my personal situation, slightly backing off when I explained about my illness and benefits situation, but still advising me they will ring later in the week.

Wondering the best way to sort this out, I cant pay it all and they wanted full and final settlement.

icon1.png HL Solicitors

I have just had a
phone call
link3.gif
to my mobile, from another mobile number, from HL Solicitors, I checked their office number to make sure it was genuine. They were ringing for payment of a debt, it worried me as they are solicitors, and I feel quite shook up. They said they had sent a letter out on Friday, and I should get it soon, and they will ring back in a few days.

I know I am in debt and I need to sort it out and pay it off, have looked on national debtline website and may contact them later.

HL seemed a bit pushy and I cant help feeling anxious having a solicitors ring me like that. They are also emailing me about this debt.

They wanted to know all about any other debts and my personal situation, slightly backing off when I explained about my illness and benefits situation, but still advising me they will ring later in the week.

Wondering the best way to sort this out, I cant pay it all and they wanted
Full and final
link8.gif
settlement.

if they ring back tell them they can write to you and hang up if they ring back refuse the security questions or have some sporting fun

I`m thinking they have a grand title of HL solicitors but no teeth as they in house to a DCA others will know more

you need proof that you owe the money don't just take there word for it

check your credit file

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hi Everyone, I am needing to get a credit report, but it seems that I have to register and pay a monthly fee for more than I need right now. I am wary of giving bank details for the 30 day free trial, as have had problems before with cancelling this kind of arrangement and money being taken after cancellation etc, its just a worry I don't need to add to my others and aggravate my illnesses.

Is it now impossible to just pay a one off fee and get my credit report?

the use of the card is to verify you

just cancel it in 10days time.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HL Legal & Collections Redditch, Regulated By the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Solicitors with a core business of debt collection not so toothless!!

Make sure you chech mor than 1 CRA.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thankyou dx100uk.

Is there a way of checking more than one agency at a time? am just thinking I don't know how many there are? lol am so ignorant of all this stuff

You need to check Experian (Credit Expert as seen on TV) Equifax, and CallCredit, Experian & Equifax have free 30 day trials, Callcredit has an offshoot called Noddle which is free but not always reliable.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

HL

Have said they can help me sort out my debt problems, and were interested in any others I have, and my finances,

wasn't much to tell anyway as am on benefits due to my illnesses,

they seemed to back off when I told them this,

and said the account was now on hold and they would be in touch.

they told me they were ringing about sky and the contracting ending early, which sky did as I couldn't pay,

I only missed one month and they cut it off, and sent me a bill plus the extra amount for contract ending early.

dont!!

none of their business

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou dx100uk ... I have been doing my CRA checking and will sort my own mess out, with templates from here and just do my best with what I can. I have also downloaded some info from national debtline which will hopefully help me. I can only offer what I can afford to pay, which isn't much.

so is it on your CRA

even so i wouldn't pay them a penny!

dx

and they

well tbh I am agreeing with you dx100uk, I was shook up by their call yesterday and off guard. I got the free check from noddle and its not on there, am going to do the other agencies today and see what they have. As for sky I think I have an issue with them about this and will write to them.