Parking in unsigned bay within CPZ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In Mount Pleasant, St Albans, there is a parking bay with two spaces marked out with white lines but no accompanying sign at the roadside. This is similar to a number of other bays in the neighbourhood except that all the others do have accompanying signs showing restrictions eg Mon-Fri 10.30am-12.30pm and Mon-Sat 8am-8.30pm.

There are no white lines linking separate bays. Each bay is marked out with white lines and has kerbing at the end of each bay to clearly define their extent.

There is a sign on the other side of the road from the unsigned bay. This sign overlooks an old bay where the remains of white lines delineating previous parking bays have all but disappeared, with newer double yellow lines at the roadside.

I am guessing that the local authority has simply omitted to move the sign showing the hours of restriction to the other side of the road when the newer bays were created.

If I were to park in the unsigned bay, would I have a strong case if I were to receive a PCN?

Could you post a pic of the area, or a google streetmap view?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have checked Google but unfortunately this shows the old parking bay which was on the opposite side of the road from the new bay. The sign has not moved from the original position.

I have checked the Council's website and the CPZ page states:

Residents Parking Scheme

A residents' parking scheme operates in St Albans. This means that only drivers with the correct permits can park in certain streets. Please check the operational hours of the zone, which will be shown on a sign in each parking space, before leaving your vehicle.

I have now checked all routes into the CPZ and there are no signs at any of the entry points. The only signs are those in each parking bay.

I have attached some photographs to show the signless bay and the sign on the other side of the road.

The signs restricts unpermitted parking to between 8pm and 8.30am.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41024[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41026[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41025[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41027[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41028[/ATTACH]

I have now checked the main entry points into St Albans and there appear to be no signs indicating a CPZ although it does exists. The only signs are at each parking bay -- except the one I have been writing about.

Here are five photographs showing the signless bay -- with blue MG parked in one of the two spaces - and the sign on the other side of the road where a parking bay used to be. The sign restricts unpermitted parking to between 8pm and 8.30 Mon-Fri. A hundred or so yards away the restriction is to prevent parking for two hours from 10.30am.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41029[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41031[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41030[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41032[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]41033[/ATTACH]

The signs say 'Times, days and limits signed in bays'

http://goo.gl/maps/iALzI

that would still tend to uphold APs claim that in that particular bay there are no signs showing any restriction and therefore, in the absence of any "global default" times being shown on the CPZ entry, he has not contravened any stated parking times.

I am unobservant. Grateful for any conclusions on the unsigned parking spaces.

As crem says the entry signs do not give specific times. Both the signs and St Albans website say individual bays are signed. Therefore it is not unreasonable that where there is no time plate in a bay, parking is unrestricted at that location.

You could always enquire with the council and see what they say. You havent got a ticket yet, so theres no need to worry. Make sure to get the councils response in writing to cover your own back.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D