Mis-calculation of holiday entitlement being back dated in pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My employer has just notified us at work that they have been mis calculating our holiday entitlement for a while (they say they dont know how long). I work 2 x 10 hour night shifts per week. They are going to back date the difference for 3 years (Ihave been there for nearly 4 years) and pay this with our February pay.

My question is: Am I entitled to ask for this holiday from the last 3 years to be taken in time off, rather than have the money paid to me? I pay very little tax and I know I will lose about 20% of the amount paid in tax, which I wouldnt have done had my holiday entitlement been calculated correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I hope the guys here will be able to help you. Weekends are always a little quieter here, but please bear with us and I expect advice will be forthcoming.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you HB for your quick reply.

I just want to know where I stand before I challenge the company I work for, I prefer to know what my rights are before I make a stand.