BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi guys

having a bit difficulty interpreting the date when my deposit should have been paid into a TDS

i paid my deposit in dec 2010.

also what should a scottish landlord do with my deposit prior to the scheme being enforced.

thanks in advance

VICTORIES:-D

QuickQuid £1004 RBS £1500 Mastercard £300 Clydesdale bank £3450 Wonga £2000 Elephant.co.uk £200 Shop Direct Finance £570

Hi

Have a look at this Scottish Government Link on Deposits: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Built-Environment/Housing/privaterent/government/SGTD1

A tenancy deposit scheme is a scheme provided by an independent third party to protect deposits until they are due to be repaid. Three schemes are now operating:

• The Letting Protection Service Scotland
  • Safedeposits Scotland
  • My|deposits Scotland

Landlord's legal duties

The legal duties on landlords who receive a tenancy deposit are:

• to pay deposits to an approved tenancy deposit scheme
  • to provide the tenant with key information about the tenancy and deposit

Key dates for landlords

The dates by which landlords must pay deposits to an approved scheme and provide information to the tenant vary, depending on when the deposit was received:

1. Deposit received prior to 7 March 2011:

Where the tenancy is renewed by express agreement or tacit relocation on or after 2 October 2012 and before 2 April 2013 (Regulation 47(a))

Within 30 working days of renewal

In any other case (Regulation 47(b))

By 15 May 2013

2. Deposit received on or after 7 March 2011 and before 2 July 2012 (Regulation 48)

By 13 November 2012

3. Deposit received on or after 2 July 2012 and before 2 October 2012 (Regulation 4)

By 13 November 2012

4. Deposit received on or after 2 October 2012 (Regulation 3)

Within 30 working days of the beginning of the tenancy

Hope this helps.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

yeah that makes sense.

in that case what would my landlord have been obligated to do with my deposit prior to the scheme being enforced?

VICTORIES:-D

QuickQuid £1004 RBS £1500 Mastercard £300 Clydesdale bank £3450 Wonga £2000 Elephant.co.uk £200 Shop Direct Finance £570