HELP Debt 3 of 17 thames city car insurance agressive DCA been out to my mums

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi still working through my debts this is debt number 3 of 17 its with thames city insurance and its from 24th july 2009 when i took a policy out with them the debts for £1395.29 as i had a minor bump on this policy and they are asking for the full premium to be recovered as i had an accident whilst i was insurred by them from july 2009 not on mt cra files tho

here goes they wrote out in july 2009 askin what my intentions were to make the payments as i moved house at the time i have only recently retrieved this letter so i never made any contact with them

next they have passed the debt to daniels silverman who has wrote on the 29 october 2009 saying an commercial investigator will be coming out on november12 2009

next letter 4 febuary 2010 by daniels silverman is that they will accept £20 per month no correspondance will lead to penalty charges and interset put to the debt

next letter 22 nov 2011 notice of court action by daniels silvermann and debts gone up to £1661.69 interest £236.40 legal fees £30

next letter 2 december 2011 saying an investigator is coming out to my mums on fri dec 16th 2011 balance gone back down to the original £1395.29

next letter from DEA assocites (in small print it says they are trading style of daniel silvermann merseyside) dated 3 april 2012 the are stateing that they are to take enforcement action for daniels silvermann and legal proceedings will take place in 10 days if debts not paid

now last tuesday my mum said 2 big men come out banging on the window when she has a letter box and was shouting through the window so my dobies jumped the back fence and gave them chase as they were agresive towards my disabled mother (fair play to the dogs) not to my mum as she struggled to get them in and she still remains upset and wants the dogs to stay with her until i sort it out.

what should i do with these DEA associates im fumeing the way they spoke to my mum as i dont live there and she is alone apart from babysitting my dobermans i know i have a debt with thames city insurance and im willing to adress that thats why ive come on this site so get advice to get it all sorted any advice please with regards to sorting the debt and the DEA associates many thanks DW

The guys that turned up may have been bailiffs, so you should check for any CCJ's. If it were just debt collectors, they would just be self employed type people, who would make a quick enquiry, on the off chance of earning a commission.

You can check for CCJ's here, but there is a fee involved.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Thames City Insurance are one of the worst companies to deal with, as they can be very agressive in collecting premiums. If you had an accident during a policy year, you would have had to pay the full premium for that year. They can only add interest if the t&c's of the Insurance credit agreement allowed this, beyond the year. It is only then, if they went to court that they could ask a judge to include statutory interest at 8% per annum.

You need to know whether there is a CCJ for this, so you know how to deal with it. From what you describe, it is possible they have managed to get a CCJ by default, without your knowledge. You may be able to get it set aside, if they had an up to date address for you, which they did not provide the court to send the claim form.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

will a CCJ not show on my cra file as this is not debt is not listed on the 3 CRAs is that link the only way to find out whether i have a CCJ

thanks for your input UNC its apreciated mate

Well, I must admit being a bit confused about CRA's and CCJ's . Yes they should be noted on a CR, but I have come across many people finding they have CCJ's, which are not on their CRA records.

It is up to you whether you check or not. But watching a recent TV programme on bailiffs, they mentioned 'bailiffs knock', which was banging loudly on people front windows. And there were two large bloaks. Does not sound like any normal doorstep collector. Bailiffs would normally only try to collect a debt in this way, if they had a court order (CCJ).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

CCJ's will show up on a credit file, but not all of them. The best way is to use the trust site, as it will show all CCJ's on the address. That way, you know 100% what has happened.

Going from your posts, a CCJ is very likely as:

next letter 22 nov 2011 notice of court action by daniels silvermann and debts gone up to £1661.69 interest £236.40 legal fees £30

Now the big question for you. Did you receive any court papers about this debt? They would have come from northampton bulk centre.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i get you unc i understand what you mean it is like badit country in liverpool tho and people are that in your face to knock on windows etc im just hoping it is the dca i forgot to mention that my mum asked who they through the window were before the dogs went after them and they did say DEA debt enforcment associates there based up here or doen here in liverpool do you think i should call em ferom a phone box or something

Do NOT use the phone to them. Ever.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Dea debt associates look to be another DCA. If this is right, then the guys banging on the door are just doorstep collectors. If they were actual bailiffs, they wouldnt have gone away so easily.

no court papers defonately not my mums diasbled house bound and she opens any of my mail that comes and has a good nose into my affairs and reports to the world all the info just as mums do there would be nothing getting past her trust me.

If there are no CCJ's, then you could write to the DCA and tell them to bugger off and they are not allowed to come around. But since they dont seem to follow the law ( banging on doors, yelling through windows), the dog idea might be the best bet. I've used it myself :)

Also advise them that you are not resident at the address and the house is occupied by your disabled mother, who as a vulnerable person should not be hassled.

so how do i go about sorting this debt then what should my actions be any idea

is there a brig letter for these people or something if i asked brig to pop in and have a look see what his opinion is with regard sto this debt too.

i just want to come to an affordable arrangement with thames city how do i go about this

If you want brig to come and take a look, feel free to pop him a PM. I'm sure he will come take a look for you.

thanks unc i agree

i just want to make afffordable arrangements to pay this debt not to a dca but to thames city any ideas of where i start and what letter to write the DEA associates thanks DW

For Insurance debts, you generally have to deal with the DCA, as the Insurers won't keep any accounts open. Insurances by their nature are annual contracts and not something that are ongoing. If there are debts left, then if the Insurers want their money, they pass them on to DCA's to chase and collect.

Write to the DCA dealing, advising them of your situation and that you can only afford £x per month, via a standing order, as your bank will not allow other arrangements. Just keep it simple.

you've linked to this thread...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx thanks for poping in im just after some advice with what to do with this debt if you could help its not listed on my cra nor as a ccj but the dca are comesing to my mums being abusive could you give me some advice please of what to write to the dca thanks and also with regards to makeing offers many thanks DW

Yea dx. Darren wants admin advice on this thread. Hence the link. :)

I didnt bring it to his attention. Dx has a nose like a hound. He sniffs threads out ;)