ECAR insurance cancellation fees issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi recenctly posted 20 k debt 17 creditors so im working through my debts and

this is debt number 2 of 17 its for £447.3 with ecar insurance for cancelling a car insurance policy last letter dated 8th january 2013.

now this is my most recent of all my debts and its a cracker right here goes

i took out this insurance on the 28/7/2012 through a price comparison website and stated on the site i had 6 points 2 x sp30s

and i proceeded to checkout, checked my details were correct and paid the deposit

1 week later i get my docs and installment schedule and all paerwork to sign and send back

i signed and sent back with photocopies of my driving license and just got on with my life

stupidly i never checked over the details with a fine tooth comb but i was working 16hrs plus a day on a building job

a month later they sent a letter saying i only declared 3 points on my original quote and when they recieved my photocopied licensee it had 6 points on it

they were increasing my premium from £2000 to £3000 because they said i tried to falsify my points to get cheaper insurance.

which i wouldnt do i live in merseyside and the police are all over car insurance up here

it was inportant to get it right with the comparison site in the first place rather than have my van taken etc etc etc

i paid them the original £430 deposit in the first place on the comparrison site to get on the road

and the next payment was in 14 days for £168.44 then every end of month thereafter

the second payment of £168.44 went out 14 days later as agreed

a few days later thats when they wrote to me saying i falseified my details etc (wow)

they are now gonna charge me 3k for the premium when it started around 2k (extra grand for an extra 3 points i declared in the first place )

and the finace people will write out with a new schedule so that came out and that was for £297.30 per month what a joke from £168

i sent them a cancelation request and hey presto now they're saying i owe £447.3 for cancelling

to top it off i deliberately went onto their website and got a quote stating i had 9 points not 6 to see the outcome

it come out at £2100 with 6 points more that what they originally said i put through the price comparrison

this is a joke PLEASE HELP

what should i do

they're pulling a fast one here or a fast few ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ps i have every doc they sent and the finace conpany even my insurance policy

HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE IN A NUT SHELL IT WAS 2 K THEN 3K THEN WHEN I PUT 3 POINTS EXTRA AFTER CANCELLING IT WAS £2100

Make a complaint in writing about what happened and threaten to involve the FOS. I believe on the last FOS stats, that nearly 70% of people who complained to FOS about Egroup companies won. This is not the first time I have seen the same complaint about missing points, which were input online and then somehow gone missing.

Tell Ecar that the quote you obtained online at the £2k showed as including the 6 points at the time it was done and don't accept any rubbish about it working properly. It is up to Ecar to make enquiries with the comparison site.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

were do i start ?

unc this is a complete joke ?

what about the cancellation fee?

any ideas what i should say is there any draft letters about for these people?

glad to here this is not unusual tho thaks for your reply unc and your time mate ..............

ps why would it quote me 2 k with 6k points then 3 k with 6 points then 2.1k with 9 points what are they playing at same adress etc

re your title

as you see there are certain words we dont not allow

as it can get you and the site involved in libel cases

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

were do i start ?

unc this is a complete joke ?

what about the cancellation fee?

any ideas what i should say is there any draft letters about for these people?

glad to here this is not unusual tho thaks for your reply unc and your time mate ..............

ps why would it quote me 2 k with 6k points then 3 k with 6 points then 2.1k with 9 points what are they playing at same adress etc

If you can obtain any recovered info from your PC re the data you unput into the comparison site or you can obtain info from the comparison site that you input the 6 points that would help you.

ECar will be using the £3k premium to work out the cancellation amount. It will be a time on risk, plus a cancellation admin fee. You can ask ECar for a breakdown of their

calculation.

The whole basis of your complaint is that you input the 6 points into the comparison site. So you can make this complaint to ECar and the Comparison site.

There are no standard letters for this. Just start the ball rolling, by writing to ECar advising them that you wish to register a formal complaint and will be taking the matter to the FOS if necessary. Advise them that you are 100% certain that you did input the correct driving licence points details into the comparison site and this has ended up with the policy being cancelled.

Also contact the comparison site to also make a complaint that the points information you completed and on which the quotation was based did not transfer to ECar.

If you find out that you did complete the point information on the comparison site, ECar have to accept this and honour the £2k premium that you were originally quoted. It is then a case of sorting out the cancellation problem, as you would not have cancelled if this premium dispute had not occured.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

updated on the above with thanks to uncle bulgaria i have now drafted a letter to egroup stateing all of the above ill be sending 1st class tomorrow ill keep the site and thread posted as to the progress many thanks DW