Insurance agreed debited wrong amount ** RESOLVED SATISFACTORILY**

michaelt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all members and visitors

Thanks to all who reply and offer any help

Well here goes looking like a complete idiot to anyone bothering to read this post!

Here's a little run down on my story, I stepped inside my nearest Lloyd's TSB branch back in 2005 and agreed to take out a Critical Illness insurance policy alongside the life insurance policy to cover the mortgage. The life insurance amounted too £30 and critical illness insurance £60.

I was given the during the meeting the meeting summary and cover notes for these policies *please note* the summary notes concurs with the cover notes still in my possession and to the amounts stated above.

The problem is the policy document sent and received via the post was then put away for safe keeping and never really read. The amount for Critical Illness Insurance in the policy received via the post was for a staggering £124 alone. I unfortunately paid this amount via direct debit and the life insurance £30 via direct debit for a total period of 2 years up until 2007.

Its only now year in year 2013 I noticed whilst reading up on old documents/policies this massive discrepancy between what was requested and what was given. Where on earth do I stand, I have contacted the bank by phone and raised a complaint, I just don't know where I actually stand with this issue and the possible ways forward to reclaiming what I feel is monies owed back to me.

Am I going to get the usual run around from the bank and be fobbed off as my fault for not reading my posted policy.

I guess what I am trying to say is - how do I proceed with this to ensure I get back what I believe to be owed

Thanks in advance to all replies

I think you need to confirm your complaint in writing to ensure that it WILL receive attention - amost certainly a phone call can be misinterpreted or even "forgotten" and if you were to raise the fact that you had telephoned, unless you personally have a recording of the call, you can bet the farm that the bank wont have !!

Send your letter to their Head office - send it by recorded delivery at the very least and then keep an eye on the time - they have 8 weeks to investigate a complaint after which, if you dont receive a positive response you can then go to the FOS.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Big big thanks! CitizenB

I will follow your instructions to the letter, I have lost complete faith in Lloyd's since investigating old policies as I also discovered PPI on almost every policy I ever had. And its said the banks will be making an effort to contact those supposedly missold.

Grr! gets my gost that both the poliicies above also had the above when it also said in the summary I get 4x Death In Service and very generous terms from my old firm.

Thanks once again

I would say there are very few banks left who have any integrity !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry for the posting once again but after being advised about the procedure to follow with regards to following up my complaint with a letter, but I do not want to trip myself up when determining what to place in this letter I am about to write.

I have looked at some of my bank statements for the time and they are pretty scary forever overdrawn, so it follows that some some of the interest charged is down to their questionable mistake/error.

I suppose what I am asking is what should the contents of the letter contain. Should I write the letter stating it was a broken agreement so I am entitled too a full refund plus interest charged or should I settle for the difference between the two amounts plus interest charged?

Thanks once again for any forthcoming advice :-D

Hmmm,

It is really only the difference between the amount you agreed to and the amount they incorrectly charged that you are disputing, isnt it?

If so, then it is that difference plus any interest on that difference.

If you have a look at the spreadsheets in the link below - choose which one you think is most suitable and prepare a spreadsheet with the disputed amount as the entry figures - the spreadsheet will then calculate the total amount due. You would have to work out what interest you were charged and enter that at the top of the spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

HTH

BCOBS

Thanks for the rapid reply once again? and that is how I will approach writing the letter.

But the thing that really irks me is :|

In the unfortunate event of having to make a claim on the Critical Illness insurance and remember no one wants to benefit from a critical illness, they would of probably of had some sort of case to reject the whole claim and just paid back the premiums.

I am pretty sure they would have found some way based on other peoples experiences with claiming on insurance to state it was an invalid agreement so not a valid claim, even though the mistake? was thiers.

Thanks once again Mike

In the unfortunate event of having to make a claim on the Critical Illness insurance and remember no one wants to benefit from a critical illness, they would of probably of had some sort of case to reject the whole claim and just paid back the premiums.

I am pretty sure they would have found some way based on other peoples experiences with claiming on insurance to state it was an invalid agreement so not a valid claim, even though the mistake? was thiers.

In which case, you would have been able to reclaim all the premiums plus interest - which would likely add up to quite a sum, IMHO :)

I agree, that people are becoming very cynical regarding any form of insurance - you have probably seen other complaints on the forum where circumstances such as you describe have indeed happened !!

BCOBS

Big thanks! once again...... for the rapid reply

Am I now correct in thinking that the letter I am about to write should be based on a questionable (broken agreement/valid agreement) which in the event of a claim would of been disputed is the correct way to approach reclaiming!

I am now thinking I am going to have to do a little research visit another area on the forum to determine what to place in this letter

Cheers Citizen for your very welcome advice

Fastest claim ever in the history of claims! something I am amazed at............which I suspect maybe down to the fact that they are probably very wrong.

But I rang after receiving a letter this morning did not even get chance to post my letter. Saying they will refund me to total amount plus interest. They even stated they would refund me the PPI on the Life Insurance I took out at the same time.

And for anyone who really wants to know they offered approx £4900 and about £70 approx for the PPI on the life insurance - premium about £1.92 a month. Happy days I think, but still feel like I been swindled, as they did not offer to take into account any interest on overdraft interest?

Hope someone here benefits from my experience, in that if you charged the wrong premium it looks like a cert to get your money back.

Thanks once again Citizen for your cheering comments when I was feeling low. :-D

Oh well done - very good news indeed. I imagine you are well relieved that you are not going to have a protracted claim in progress. I will amend your thread title to reflect the resolution.

BCOBS

Lol not quite true.... but very big thanks by the way..

I whilst on the phone relayed on to the claims handler several more insurance claims stating mis-sold due to being a IT contractor back in the day when something called IR35 did not exist.

well to cut a long story short mis-sold a total of 4 polices I know an amazing amount but greedy Llloyd's sold me 2 income protection policies and 2 Life Term Assurances. When I did not qualify for the product catch them mis-selling one and they pay for both. That is - you have to earn a certain amount and pay normal national insurance and income tax. It's called Net Related Earnings.

Back then as a contractor you paid yourself dividends as a company director of my own one man band does not count!

So apparently they are now going to have to look into them and hopefully come to the same conclusion and just as quick or as Citizen you stated a long drawn out claim in progress is on store

It really amazes me how you can be sold so many policies you just don't qualify for, and they still take your money being greedy and hope you never wake up and realize!

Hope my little essays help others how to get monies owed to you! back!

Bye for now until the next exciting installment :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I am TOTALLY speechless!!!!

This claim has already been settled monies in the bank and now I receive another package from Lloyds detailing my other complaints as well as this one with reasons for rejections and offers.

They have once again offered monies for this complaint EVEN though its settled but this time for only half the amount!!!

-----------------------

The reason they have only offered this time half the amount is they have sent me in the post justifications as well as a copy of

THE PERSONAL SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION

The only problem is....... the PERSONAL SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION.............is not the original, repeat is not the original.

They have butchered a copy of the original to support thier justifications in this letter for half the amount.

-----------------------

Any recommendations in actions to take and maybe details in a letter.

Thanks in advance for any help

interesting ...

the FSA would be very interested to see they have doctored a document to their advantage!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any suggestions on how to proceed, as it appears they are trying to claim half the original monies paid out back! Have an original "PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS AND SUMMARY" and the one they sent me seems to be cut and paste and add figures and comments here and there. My suspicions arose when it didn't look like an original document but a newly typed one. thanks for assistance/help really appreciated.

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

Just had another letter through today! about other insurance claims.

They have enclosed a letter supposedly from my account which goes onto state my earning.

The only problem again is................another manufactured document................It goes onto to state Mr Johnson is a shareholder / director and his anticipated earnings from the company in the year 30/06/98 total £26000.

Mr Johnson who is he? he certainly was not a director for my company. My surname is not repeat not................Mr Johnson.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I supposed to do when the bank behaves like this, manufacturing documents to support their claims.

I have converted the pdfs in post 18 to smaller files !

BCOBS

Not quite sure what you can do - perhaps contact either the FOS / FSA or both ?

BCOBS

Thanks Citizen, not quite sure how I am going to word these letters but people should know that they are now getting distorted documentation supplied by banks

The truth is no longer relevant............ supporting evidence in your claim is being distorted........., just so they can keep hold of what is rightfully yours.

If you want to have a stab at drafting something, pop it up on your thread so we can have a read and see if there is anything that can be added to get the message over.

BCOBS

TO THE SFA and or FOS

Dear Sirs

I am writing this letter in response to several letters regarding several general insurance and payment protection insurances I have taken with Lloyd's.

It is becoming quite obvious that I am not being treated honestly and fairly with regards to issues I have raised, so the contents of this letter support my findings.

Lloyds reference xxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----------------------------------------

Policy Number xxxxxxx Mortgage and Business Cover with CIB PPI Apr 2005

The above policies case has now been re-opened by a Lloyd's representative who decided to provide me with an original version of the "PERSONAL SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION" as justification into his new findings and final offer letter.

An investigation needs to completed as to why there are such discrepancies with regards to the original "PERSONAL SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION" (I have enclosed) and the one provided by the Lloyd's representative with his new final offer letter.

The initial complaint had already been resolved and funds returned, so why am I now been asked to return funds back to Lloyd's based on his version of the "PERSONAL SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATION"

I have raised numerous issues with regards to insurance and PPI with Lloyd's, and if the above is an example of how I will treated what can I expect the outcome to be for the rest.

Yours faithfully

--------------

Any additional comments and changes would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance