Enhanced CRB check - concerned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no matter how much you look at this to many employers are using an enhanced CRB check, when all that's needed is a basic one which would exclude things like spent convictions

an enhanced CRB should only be used where their employment prospect requires it, not routine

the whole idea of the rehabilitation of offenders act was to deal with issues of a minor transgression in ones youth having a severe impact on future opportunities.

why even now have the rehabilitation of offenders act at all now as its been made all but redundant, along with those who it was suppose to protect

It's actually unlawful to apply a CRB as an employment check to a job that doesn't warrant it. There is a list on the CRB website for jobs which are exempt from the law and all other requests should be challenged. The exception is agencies if they could post a candidate to an assignment which comes into the exemption category so they can apply as a 'just in case'. Other employers cannot.

This is getting out of all propotion I thing the possibility of the matters the OP has mentioned would not warrant an entry on the CRB., no offnces were reported.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yes I did and my CRB came back clear :)

Well done. As did mine - last time, but it only takes a single allegation and in some forces you might acquire a criminal record for enhanced disclosure even though you're never even interviewed. A ticking time bomb.

They changed the system 17 June, got rid of SOME of the procedural abuses, but the content problem remains - 5 million false or misleading records according to the Home Office's own statistics. Read it and weep: futureintelligence web site, do a search on fcrb evidence.

This is the link to future Intellegence website: http://www.futureintelligence.co.uk/

and as this is to do with CRB this PDF - Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously CRB checks), a guide from GOV.UK for info:

Here you go.. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46303[/ATTACH]

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

try the link now, I have reinstated the link - it might have broken when I copied it over.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

try the link now, I have reinstated the link - it might have broken when I copied it over.

Indeed. Two interesting bits:

"You can’t do a criminal records check on yourself."

That seems wrong as the DPA ought to have displaced anything they can rely on in Police Act 1997 via the doctrine of implied repeal (unless they rely on something later). In any event Police Act 1997 is incompatible with article 8 (and maybe article 6 in respect of enhanced disclosure if anyone runs it). Unless CRB/DBS is now a source of English law overriding Parliament and the Convention. (unless they rely on that other source of law, that private club ACPO)

"As above - plus any additional information held locally by

police forces that’s reasonably considered relevant to the

post applied for"

This seems (more or less) paraphrased from he relevant bit of Police Act 1997 as amended. See BazzaS' post above. No point using the "Independent Monitor". Four parties involved in that little discussion, so opacity rules, plus that would mean a good 1-2 years' unemployment... litigation is faster.

The essential bit surely is "reasonably" (which is taken from the statute). Which could be fun. Hypothesis: all you have to do is engage them in litigation pleading "reasonably" as a live issue, and they can't make further disclosures until judgment, because what is "reasonable" in law is what a Court considers to be reasonable as a fact, and the Secretary of State cannot ever be a tribunal of fact. So they're immediately placed in an untenable position (caveat: I don't know if this general position on reasonability has been tested yet but if nobody researches the point by the end of the week I will).

You can send SAR to any police force, larger police stations (Divisional/district station have a leaflet to explain the process).

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: