• Tweets

• Still waiting for these diagrams. We've been dealing with this story for nearly 48 hours now and we are only starting to understand exactly what happened and we still haven't got information that we've asked for.  
    • Dx100uk well not really, considering he pulled out on me from the side of the road. He should have gave way. Why do you think he has told a different story to his insurance ?   Because he knows if he has said he pulled out on me he would be held liable.   He pulled away from my left hand side then braked- leaving his van in an angled position, it literally happened within the space of a split second  
    • Update: the lawyer friend sent a very good legal letter last week  The third letter will be sent over the next few days - here is the proposed text - your comments welcome as ever: Dear Will & John Letter Reference:xxxx I write with reference to your recent letter in relation to PCN numberxxxxx You threaten Court proceeding on behalf of your client yet your client’s rationale for charging me has no legal substance. An alleged parking offence as a breach of an alleged contract.  I have no contract or terms and conditions with your client.   Furthermore, the sum you are requesting is fictitious. I have no intention of paying any monies to your client. You had no legitimate reason to access my personal details so are already in breach of GDPR by texting me several times on my personal number which I have not given permission for you to use.  Coupled with the several letters you have sent your persistence amounts to nothing short of harassment. Should this continue I will have no hesitation in contacting the ICO to report the breach. The letters I have received will be useful as tinder for the open fire in my living room now the weather has turned cold again. Should you wish to take me to court, I will be seeking full costs through a recovery order under CPR 27:14 which will come in handy now I find myself in the unenviable position of redundancy as a result of Covid. Yours Sincerely   Copied to PCM UK "you don't want to be Gladstoned"   Thanks AJJM
    • Letter received from Cabot - "Unfortunately  do not have relevant information on file" Requesting from original lender. Will write within 12 days with an update. Requesting I get in contact to make a plan. Suspect they will get a CCA from Lloyds so ned to think of how to proceed if they do supply one.  Lloyds did cancel the credit card and accepted £5 per month and no interest. Do not want to pat the DCA.
    • £18 billion on PPE instead of £3-4B max £22 billion on trace a test instead of about £2-3 at most as in other countries for doing better £500 million on eat out to spread the virus instead of 150M to feed kids and support local businesses   Thats £35+ billion in taxpayer money wasted    
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies
  • Recommended Topics

Letter about appeal - I'm confused

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2956 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all im new on here and im a bit confused to the letter i recieved today first off

i had a letter of the appeal decision makers on the 4th of january

say that they have had my appeal go in favour of myself

so i thought yippeee i won put everything into dwp for backdated payments that was 4 weeks ago,

then today i had a letter of the tribunal saying that my appeal has been STRUCK OUT

which i have no sense off and

dont know what it means.

So hoping that this doesnt effect my back payment

so is there anyone who could help me as im so confused and worried now thanks

.Please could someone help me understand

i had a letter on the 4th of january saying my appeal has had reconsideration and that the appeal will now lapse.

so this means the appeal will not be forwarded to the tribunal service.

Then this morning January 26th i had a letter of the tribunals court saying the appeal has been STRUCK OUT

what does this mean and will i still get the money in back payment which is owed to me payed thanks.

Sounds like it's no problem. The DWP decided in your favour without the need for an appeal. The Tribunals Service will class your case as "struck out" because, from their point of view, there's nothing left for them to consider.

It's a bit unusual, since it sounds like the DWP notified the TS of your intent to appeal before they'd finished their own internal reconsideration, but I can't see anything to be concerned about here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks for that i was startimg to get worried about it as i thought they would stop my back payment as i greatly need it so thats a weight of my shoulders now thanks for replying.

If after an an appeal has been submitted to HMCTS but prior to the hearing, new evidence is provided, then the DWP/LA can revise the decision.

If the new decision is in your favour, the DWP/LA will notify: -

• appellant that appeal has been successful
  • HMCTS that appeal has lapsed

The strike out letter is just to let you know that HMCTS will not be taking any further action on your appeal

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

i had the letter of the appeal office to say that my appeal will lapse so the letter i had today of the tribunal service is nothing to worry about and that my back moneys wont be affected is that correct thanks for the reply

i had the letter of the appeal office to say that my appeal will lapse so the letter i had today of the tribunal service is nothing to worry about and that my back moneys wont be affected is that correct thanks for the reply

Yes, correct - you should get your new rates of benefit and any backpay due.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi all thanks for all the answers to the previous questions i have another,just rang the DWP to find out when my arrears will be paid to me as it has been 5 weeks now and they said they got all the information and it has been refered now not sure what that means hope they dont say im not getting my arrears payment,would this be possable as my appeal is from november 10th 2011 i dont understand whats going on with the DWP can anyone help please..