• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

4 wks missed to BH - now demanding good backs - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon marcus6

Firstly let me start by apologising for the delay in replying.

To answer your question, if a customer was to miss a weekly payment, then they would be expected to pay a late fee of £5.50 as well as the weekly payment they missed; as this is what was agreed when the agreement was signed.

If a customer is having difficulty in making their weekly payment, then we would offer them the below option to try and help them:

• Returnability – The customer can return their item with nothing to pay, arrears would be cleared and the agreement terminated.

• Pick up and Hold – The customer surrenders the goods to your store for an agreed period, during which time no payment is due, they can then resume the agreement if and when their finances improve.

• Alternative Product – The customer can surrender the goods and discuss with their store the possibility of taking alternative items within the same product range, at a lower weekly payment.

We will always try to work with our customers and help them where we can.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

BrightHouse

Hi Jason,

I understand that what you are saying, But if i miss a payment? do i still have to pay the DLC or OSC for the weeks missed ?? my understanding of the LDC & OSC is they stop and then start back up when payments are back upto date, should i have to pay for the weeks missed or not??

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon marcus6

Firstly let me start by apologising for the delay in replying.

To answer your question, if a customer was to miss a weekly payment, then they would be expected to pay a late fee of £5.50 as well as the weekly payment they missed; as this is what was agreed when the agreement was signed.

The late penalty charge is unenforceable. You know this jason.

If a customer is having difficulty in making their weekly payment, then we would offer them the below option to try and help them:

• Returnability – The customer can return their item with nothing to pay, arrears would be cleared and the agreement terminated.

• Pick up and Hold – The customer surrenders the goods to your store for an agreed period, during which time no payment is due, they can then resume the agreement if and when their finances improve.

• Alternative Product – The customer can surrender the goods and discuss with their store the possibility of taking alternative items within the same product range, at a lower weekly payment. Which you force them to take out a completely new contract on. Thereby making more profit for you, and the customer worse off.

We will always try to work with our customers and help them where we can. No you dont. At all.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

BrightHouse

See blue comments

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a similar post about BAYV. I have also had the same letter from the ombudsman, Do I now send them an LBA?

Hi,

yes thats the next step before court, make sure you put LBA at the top of the letter, don't go doing what i did and forget, with the LBA they have 2 weeks to reply to you, then the next step is court claim

good luck

Good Afternoon marcus6

Thank you for your question.

When an account falls into arrears, the individual circumstances of a customer are taken into consideration when a renewal payment is made.

If you have any specific questions regarding your payment, I will be unable to discuss them on this public forum due to Data Protection. Therefore I ask that you contact our Customer Relations Team directly, either by calling 0800 526 069 or by emailing [email protected] and quoting reference 216873.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

BrightHouse

Good Afternoon marcus6

Thank you for your question.

When an account falls into arrears, the individual circumstances of a customer are taken into consideration when a renewal payment is made.

If you have any specific questions regarding your payment, I will be unable to discuss them on this public forum due to Data Protection. Therefore I ask that you contact our Customer Relations Team directly, either by calling 0800 526 069 or by emailing [email protected] and quoting reference 216873.

Many Thanks,

Jason

Web Relations Team

BrightHouse

why do you keep on with replys like this??? are you a BH Bot? just a yes or no to my Q! above will do

why do you keep on with replys like this??? are you a BH Bot? just a yes or no to my Q! above will do

Hi Marcus, I'm interested to know did you Brighthouse surrender your goods to them or have you still got them as I know they were demanding the goods back? hope you go all the way with this as it will give every one else hope.

Hi Marcus, I'm interested to know did you Brighthouse surrender your goods to them or have you still got them as I know they were demanding the goods back? hope you go all the way with this as it will give every one else hope.

Hi rosey-789

yea they wanted the goods back, but as i had paid so much of most of them at that time, i held onto them, and thats when this all started, this has been on going from 2012, i have sent them letters for a refund for miss selling OSC & DLC at the start of 2013 and then i got a letter back, saying they can not see how it was miss sold to me, so then i took it to the FOS and they got back to me about 10 months later and said there is not anything they could do as BH now come under FCA, so now the time has come to take them to court, i sent BH a letter 5 weeks ago and they have 3 weeks to get back to me, before i send them court papers.

If this goes to court i will make sure most media outlets know about it, if i am the one to make sure they can not get away with doing things like this to someone else then so be it........... i will not give up

Oh right, so you still have the stuff. I'm surprised they hadn't got the bailiffs turning up demanding the stuff back. that would worry me not paying them as I to have paid on stuff for nearly 3 year. we struggle to buy food if I'm being honest or to pay council tax due to the money we are paying to them each week. my partner has some things with insurance on and he asked it to be removed(he didn't know it was on) until he asked other week but they said it can't be removed unless he takes our insurance letter in for them to ring the company and find out if ours covers personal belongings etc so we're stumped in paying them.

I hope you take it all the way and win. good luck to you and I'll def keep an eye on this thread.

They can't get the bailiffs unless they take you to court first, Debt collection or hire purchase companies are not bailiffs and anyone that turns up at your door from them have no legal rights what so ever, they will threaten you with all sorts but believe me they have no rights especially if you have paid over a 3rd to them, I am no expert but I am aware that these companies can't take anything that belongs to you

only court bailiffs can do anything of that nature.

DCA's , shop staff, doorsteppers of any kind

have NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

well i got letter back from BH today they are sticking to there guns,

They said,>>

We can confirm that we have reviewed your complaint logged on 10th October 2013 under the complaint reference XXXXX

As no further information has been provided since your first letter, our decision to not hold your complaint is final.

I will be sending them a Formal letter before action, now!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm in two weeks arrears with Brighthouse so no doubt they'll be banging my door down soon.. have had to pay a huge electric bill and was a choice of paying Brighthouse or getting into trouble with electric. I certainly won't be able to make these arrears up but can continue to pay my weekly payment shortly. dreading these lot turning up at door.

Hi all,

well i got letter back from BH today they are sticking to there guns,

They said,>>

We can confirm that we have reviewed your complaint logged on 10th October 2013 under the complaint reference XXXXX

As no further information has been provided since your first letter, our decision to not hold your complaint is final.

I will be sending them a Formal letter before action, now!!

Hi all,

LBA was sent out to BH and they have until the 18th to get back to me, and if its not good news, i will then be sending court papers out to them.

Hi all,

I got a letter from BH today, and this is what they said.

Dear mr XXXXXXX

Our Ref: XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for the letter dated the 4th Aug 2015

As stated in our letter dated the 30th July 2015, we have issued our final response to your complaint under the Reference xxxxxx and XXxxxxx and therefore will not be re-opening your complaint unless further evidence is provided.

yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I got a letter from BH today, and this is what they said.

Dear mr XXXXXXX

Our Ref: XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for the letter dated the 4th Aug 2015

As stated in our letter dated the 30th July 2015, we have issued our final response to your complaint under the Reference xxxxxx and XXxxxxx and therefore will not be re-opening your complaint unless further evidence is provided.

yours sincerely

xxxxxxxxxxx

Time to take this to court i think,

Make sure everything you have is 100% foolproof and concrete as if you take them to court, theyll either settle ooc at the last minute and try and get you to be silent as part of the settlement, or theyll hire a decent solicitor to defend them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Make sure everything you have is 100% foolproof and concrete as if you take them to court, theyll either settle ooc at the last minute and try and get you to be silent as part of the settlement, or theyll hire a decent solicitor to defend them.

I don't think they have gone to court before, as the lime light will be on them to much,

I have a witness, that will take the stand if this goes to court, that i was made to take the OSC and DLC was added at the same time