4 wks missed to BH - now demanding good backs - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well this is it,

24th September

to

Caversham Finance Limited Trading as Brighthouse

Leavesden Park

Watford

Hertfordshire

WD25 7GS

The Complaints Department

Dear Sir & Madam

I am writing in relation to the (OSC) Optional service cover & (DLC) Damage liability cover.

I believe I was missold OSC & DLC when I got my first Item back in 10/01/2007 and then on every item from that date. At the time of getting my first item I was “told” I had to have the OSC or I could not get the item. DLC was also added to each Agreement I was never asked if I wanted it.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons.

* OSC should have been “Optional” when in fact it was not (I was told I had to have it)

* DLC I was never asked if I wanted this, it was just added each time I got a new item

I was never given an "option" regarding OSC when i got my first item, staff at the time said i had to have OSC.

OSC is not necessary as goods are covered under SOGA, I was not told this.

Sale of Goods Act 1979.

F40-48B Repair or replacement of the goods.

(1) if section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller-

(a) to repair the goods, or

(b) to replace the goods

(2) if the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must-

(a) repair or, as case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without significant

Inconvenience to the buyer,

(b) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

FSA guidelines (A borrower should not be refused a Lone/Finance if they choose not to take out optional PPI cover. Or in this case OSC & DLC Cover.

Unless you can prove that all the Agreements was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold each item,

I demand a full refund of all OSC & DLC premiums that I have paid from 10/01/2007 to 29/12/2012. I have also added 8% interest to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would add.

OSC Total £xxxxxxxxx

DLC Total £xxxxxxxxxx

Total: £xxxxxxxxxx

Please see spread sheets enclosed (OSC) A1 to A4 & (DLC) B1 to B5

Agreement Numbers ending , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter, if this is not settled within eight weeks from the date you receive this letter, I will pursue the claim through the FOS & county court.

Yours Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Signature

Edited by marcus6

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe

I was missold

i'd drop the ! too everywhere

I have to point out that you have breeched the said Agreement/s once you added DLC to all my Agreements with out my permission,

Making me take OSC when in fact I did not need to! As you well know! all goods are covered under the SOGA! rephrase

OSC is not necessary as good are covered under SOGA, I was not told this

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I believe

I was missold

i'd drop the ! too everywhere

I have to point out that you have breeched the said Agreement/s once you added DLC to all my Agreements with out my permission,

Making me take OSC when in fact I did not need to! As you well know! all goods are covered under the SOGA! rephrase

OSC is not necessary as good are covered under SOGA, I was not told this

as you can see i'm not one for writing letters! :|

how's it look now?

Dear Sir & Madam

I am writing in relation to the (OSC) Optional service cover & (DLC) Damage liability cover.

I believe I was missoldlink3.gif OSC & DLC when I got my first Item back in 10/01/2007 and then on every item from that date.

At the time of getting my first item I was “told” I had to have the OSC or I could not get the item.

DLC was also added to each Agreement I was never asked if I wanted it.

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons.

* OSC should have been “Optional” when in fact it was not (I was told I had to have it)

* DLC I was never asked if I wanted this, it was just added each time I got a new item

I was never given an "option" regarding OSC when i got my first item, staff at the time said i had to have OSC.

Though OSC is not necessary as goods are covered under SOGA, I was not told this.

Sale of Goods Act 1979.

F40-48B Repair or replacement of the goods.

(1) if section 48A above applies, the buyer may require the seller-

(a) to repair the goods, or

(b) to replace the goods

(2) if the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must-

(a) repair or, as case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without significant

Inconvenience to the buyer,

(b) bear any necessary costs incurred in doing so (including in particular the cost of any labour, materials or postage).

I demand a full refund of all OSC & DLC premiums that I have paid from 10/01/2007 to 29/12/2012. I have also added 8% interestlink3.gif to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would add.

OSC Total £xxxxxxxxx

DLC Total £xxxxxxxxxx

Total: £xxxxxxxxxx

Please see spread sheets enclosed (OSC) A1 to A4 & (DLC) B1 to B5

Agreement Numbers ending , xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter, if this is not settled within eight weeks from the date you receive this letter, I will pursue the claim through the foslink3.gif & county courtlink3.gif.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi marcus6

Please be patient I will flag this up for you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

yes they are .

dx

and they

Guest Ann-Marie at BrightHouse

Good Morning marcus6,

Just to advise that we have now received your claim regarding OSC (Optional Service Cover)

This has been passed to the relevant persons who will be in contact with you as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie

Web Relations Team

Hi,

Thats good to know you have got it,

But then saying that when i sent the SAR i knew you had got that with in 2 days! but never got anything back untill i told ICO about it 7 month later,

and only then you sent me what i had asked for, well about 95%?? of it,

( not only that i'm not sure what the FOS would say about a contract you sent me thats not in my name?)

""CFL/BH have untill the 3rd of December to reply, if no Reply comes within that time, i will take this to court & FOS,

and i will also pass on that contract.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to that letter.

Thanks

Good Morning marcus6,

Just to advise that we have now received your claim regarding OSC (Optional Service Cover)

This has been passed to the relevant persons who will be in contact with you as quickly as possible.

Kind Regards

Ann-Marie

Web Relations Team

Edited by marcus6

Hi all,

I got letter back from BH , just saying my issue has been passed to complaints, for Regional Manager to investigate!

lets see how long they take over this! they have untill the 3rd of Dec, SAR took them 7/8 months to send me info.

Hi all,

Just been going over the Agreements that i got with each item of BH, and what i find out is shocking!

I have a Agreement from an item, on it is says the item is NEW!! when i got it? but when i look at the same Agreement that CFL/BH sent me when i SAR them "ie" the copy, That item is down as being SOLD as USED!! not only that the page where you Sign your name is not the same as the one i got at the time of geting the ITEM ( i dont want to say what i think they are doing) but i think you guys know what i'm thinking)

BH What do you have to say for yourself!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one word for it ""SHOCKING""

Should i pass this onto FOS?

Thanks

Edited by marcus6

Do we still have BH on here?

Yes, their accounts are still active for the moment but they are strangely quiet. Last post by either of them on 11th October although they have been on-line later than that.

Did the Daily Mail journo contact you as a result of your responding to our announcement?

With radio 4 and the DM interested I would hope to see some more negative publicity about the BrightHouse outfit.

Yes, their accounts are still active for the moment but they are strangely quiet. Last post by either of them on 11th October although they have been on-line later than that.

Did the Daily Mail journo contact you as a result of your responding to our announcement?

With radio 4 and the DM interested I would hope to see some more negative publicity about the BrightHouse outfit.

Hi ims21,

yes they emailed me, and i talked to the DM on the phone today! Radio 4, i did not see the email untill late that day, but i'm sure they will fix a date soon, they are not the only ones who have been in contact with me....

Look out for the DM this weekend!

I am pleased you were finally able to make contact with the BBC and the DM journalist, Marcus.. I will most certainly be looking out for the DM's article - do we know when Radio 4 will be broadcasting ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

BH are probably quiet because they are frantically trying to find a way to offset the massive negative publicity that they are about to endure. Personally i cant wait, and everyone knows what i think about brighthouse :)

Im just a little surprised it has taken the national media this long to get an investigation going.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am pleased you were finally able to make contact with the BBC and the DM journalist, Marcus.. I will most certainly be looking out for the DM's article - do we know when Radio 4 will be broadcasting ?

I have not talked to BBC yet, i hope they get back to me to set a date.

Had someone round today! sent by DM, to do Photo/shoot, the ball is rolling and its picking up SPEED!!!!!!!!!!

8/10/2013 at 10am CFL/BH got my letter for Refund of OSC/DLC

Edited by marcus6

Ooh, do we know when the article will be printed ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Righto, will keep a look out :)

BCOBS