4 wks missed to BH - now demanding good backs - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can you post some up

I've never seen them.

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

Hi dx,

i will do it all tomorrow! when i have alot more time on my hands. thanks for your help.

Thanks

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

open a new msg box here

hit upload files

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

open a new msg box here

hit upload files

I dont have all the opt for doing this!!

Use an external image hosting site like photobucket and link it here.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi dx, got it up so you can see, this is what BH sent me, i have 22 pages of this, as you can see the OSC & DLC are on there own,

so when i do my spreadsheet i need to us the one the adds 8% to it! is that right?

Thanks

Edited by marcus6

yep

the manage attachments box is down the screen a good way

well below the 1st screen

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

post 75

and they

one for all osc

one for all dlc

sri

dx

and they

Hi, i'm doing my spreadsheet for OSC at what point does the interest stop geting added! i only ask as i have got to a point where it has stoped adding on interest?

( or have i done something wrong for it to stop???)

This spreadsheet i do use it as it is yes! so as i put each OSC payment down it adds the interest on from that date to todays date?

Thanks

Edited by marcus6

statint sheet post 75?

use that one.

if itsstopped calculating the 8%

means you've changed something in col 4/5

just open a new copy

and copy your first 3 cols into it

that should sort it.

dx

and they

Hi dx, yea i'm useing that one mate! somthing went wrong but its all fixed now.

Thanks

statint sheet post 75?

use that one.

if itsstopped calculating the 8%

means you've changed something in col 4/5

just open a new copy

and copy your first 3 cols into it

that should sort it.

dx

Hi all,

Thats all done now! OSC and DLC spreadsheets are done! do i need to change! anything at the top of them spreadsheets? also is there a template letter on here that i can use, with the spreadsheets when i send them?

Thanks

there is no template letter for this - you simply say something along the lines of..

Please find enclosed spreads for OSC and DLC which I was misled in to having. I am now requesting that you repay this to me as per the enclosed spread sheets.

Have you changed the title from PPI to OSC / DLC ?

I will ask dx if there is anything else you need do.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

there is no template letter for this - you simply say something along the lines of..

Please find enclosed spreads for OSC and DLC which I was misled in to having. I am now requesting that you repay this to me as per the enclosed spread sheets.

Have you changed the title from PPI to OSC / DLC ?

I will ask dx if there is anything else you need do.

Hi citizenB,

yea i have changed it from PPI to OSC/DLC on each one, i will work on the letter over the weekend and see what a can come up with.

Thanks

some idea for you

two typical PPI letters

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re:

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which i believe was mis-sold to me in relation to my

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· The PPI was added without my knowledge..

· You have been punished by the Financial Services Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

This letter is in respect of the above account that was issued by

Yours faithfully

or

The Complaints Department

[Lender’s address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref – policy number

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx loan/credit card at your [branch name] branch on [date] and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. [The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is …] The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ xxxx.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

Possible additional paragraphs – include any which apply to you

[i also told your salesperson that I had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.]

[i said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides a generous illness and redundancy package.]

[You are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in the quoted interest rate, which you did not do.]

[in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.]

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

and they

Hi dx,

Thanks for them letter ideas, i will get that done ASAP,

This is how/why i have had OSC & DLC for so long, "GROSS" miss selling of OSC & DLC from day 1

Back in 2007 when i got my 1st item from BH i was told i had to have OSC & DLC or i could not get the item i wanted! so i just went along with it!

even when i got my 2nd item latter the same year i was never asked if i wanted it it was just added to my Agreement each time,

it was only last year that i looked into it as i was sick of paying out for OSC & DLC,

and thats when i came back on here to look into it...

.and thats when i asked them to take the OSC cover off around xmas just gone!

But they would not take the DLC off as they told me i had to have that and at the time i was unsure.

like you and many guys on here have said you dont need the OSC and you sure dont need the DLC as the SOGA should cover it!

and to be told at the time that i could not have the item/s if i did not have the OSC what am i to do when i needed the item that i was buying!

they had me right where they wanted me! ( miss-sold! on the 1st item and then never asked if i wanted it each time i got a new item from them they just added it each time!)

Not sure how they have got away with it for so long!

as the SOGA ,Repair or replacement of the goods F40, 48B they make you take OSC & DLC they dont even ask you if you want them.

on there Agreement, under, D, your obligations,

(4) you may, subject to your obligations set out in the Agreement, end this DLC Policy by 7 days notice in writing to to the insurers at any time,

provided all premiums due have been paid by you.

wish i knew my rights back then when i 1st went to BH, as they have made me take out not only OSC when i did not want/need it,

but also DLC, i will be requesting a full refund of my premiums, plus interest. and i will also have a letter waiting to send to FOS,

and i will also be sending watchdog a letter! if i'm dissatisfied with there response to a full refund of OSC & DLC

I have also got the court forms waiting! if this ends up going to court i will also be seeking compensation!

I will wait and see what there response is! ( how long do i have to give them! to respond!) i'm sure i can find it! if no one know!

and to think i started this back in january of this year when i had health problems, in and out of hospital having tests done, and then operation! ( thymus cancer) still not well, but i dont have much to do each day! and to much time has passed, time to get the ball rolling!

Thanks for your help dx, and everyone els that has posted,

Edited by marcus6

• 2 weeks later...

It has been noticed that the BrightHouse reps have not been overly active despite the company's request to join CAG. The requirements were that they would be active in helping to resolve the issues raised by their customers and to provide updates on the threads to which they responded. To date I don't see much which would show that they are living up to expectations.

There is little point in having company reps on CAG if all they want to do is provide a customer service contact and hope that is the end of it. Reps on CAG should be actively posting to try and resolve issues and are given the chance to improve the reputation of their company.

As a result the account status of BrightHouse is being reviewed which may lead to their accounts being deactivated.

As a footnote, if anyone reading this thread has a copy of the new BrightHouse terms & conditions whereby the OSC and DLC is automatically included but with a huge rise in the APR, can you please PM me and I will give you an e-mail address to which you can send copies of the documents.

complaints are typically 8 weeks by the industry guidelines

dx

and they

better you redact and post on thread

dx

and they