NatWest refusing to Cancel Continuous Payment Authority

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to come to an arrangement with CFO. I have cancelled my debit card and have been issued a new debit card. The bank account details that CFO have are for Lloyds TSB and the old card details are for NatWest.

I recently wrote to the Natwest to cancel any Continious Payment Authority that might be active .....

Dear NatWest

Please cancel and decline any and all transactions that are to bemade, or are in the process of being made to the following company: CAPITALFINANCE , ONE , LONDON GB. This includes any use ofContinuous Payment Authorities that may lie on the account.

Under Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009 section55, you are legally obliged to comply.

Yours

drob

I have today received a reply fron Natwest....

Dear drob

Unfortunately these payments to CAPITAL FINANCE , ONE , LONDON GB are made by Service Card and I am not able to cancel or return them. In order to prevent further payments debiting your account I would advice you to comtact CAPITAL FINANCE , ONE , LONDON GB

Yours

Natwest

1. What is a Service Card as my card is a Visa Debit

2. Are NatWest trying to fob me off

3. I am going to reply to NatWest, can anyone help with drafting a reply

The bank is 100% wrong. They are in essence saying that anyone who has your card details can debit the account for as much as they like, whenever they like and the bank will not try and stop them.

What you can do, is get YOUR letter to them, and take it to the nearest branch. Get it photocopied, signed, dated and stamped. You keep the copy, they keep the original. Once they have signed the letter ( they cannot refuse or they are breaking the law), then the bank is deemed to have accepted the instruction and are obliged by LAW to act upon it.

If they then allow the revoked transactions, they are in very deep trouble.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The bank is 100% wrong. They are in essence saying that anyone who has your card details can debit the account for as much as they like, whenever they like and the bank will not try and stop them.

What you can do, is get YOUR letter to them, and take it to the nearest branch. Get it photocopied, signed, dated and stamped. You keep the copy, they keep the original. Once they have signed the letter ( they cannot refuse or they are breaking the law), then the bank is deemed to have accepted the instruction and are obliged by LAW to act upon it.

If they then allow the revoked transactions, they are in very deep trouble.

The letter as above was sent to my local branch, however the reply came from the NatWest retail customer service centre in Kent.

I have never heard a Visa Debit card described as a service card before!!

I am going to respond to the reply from the NatWest, any ideas on what I should tell them?

If you had the letter signed and copied at the branch, it doesnt matter what head office says. You have given them a lawful instruction for them to stop processing certain transactions on the account and they are obliged to comply.

Perhaps you could make a complaint under bcobs.

Also read the pdl forum stickies. It goes into the law specific to your issue in detail.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If you had the letter signed and copied at the branch, it doesnt matter what head office says. You have given them a lawful instruction for them to stop processing certain transactions on the account and they are obliged to comply.

Perhaps you could make a complaint under bcobs.

Also read the pdl forum stickies. It goes into the law specific to your issue in detail.

The letter wasn'tr signed and copied at the branch it was posted, however as they have replied to my letter it proves that they have received it. I will have a dig around for more information before I reply to the NatWest.

As of yet CFO haven't raided my account. a) I have a new NatWest debit card and CFO do not have the new card info. b) The bank account details that CFO have are a Lloyds TSB account.

Ideally you should have it signed. But since they obviosly recieved it, then its the banks responsibilty as described in law.

One other thing. they never commented on the fact you wanted any and all transactions blocked. Just the cpa aspect.

One other thing. they never commented on the fact you wanted any and all transactions blocked. Just the cpa aspect.

I will write to them again highlighting their lawful responsibilities Under Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009 and if necessary will escalate my complaint with the FOS

• 1 month later...

I am ashamed to say that I gave up with NatWest on this issue after CFO took £250 from my account.

NatWest spent 6 months pushing my complaint from dept to dept and told me on more than one occasion that, effectively, anyone to whom I have ever owed money can take whatever they like.

Their idiotic comments to contact CFO and ask them to stop taking money is like asking the tide not to come in!!

I now leave that account completely empty and have cancelled the card. Because I have no faith in NatWest not to pay these crooks anything they ask for.

WHy didnt you just get the FOS/FSA and OFT involved? They can get involved 8 weeks after your complaint is filed.

Hi BornThisWay

I wrote to the NatWest again highlighting their lawful responsibilities Under Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations and the NatWest haven't even bothered to reply.

Fortunately CFO haven't managed to get my new card details and this maybe because the bank details they have is from my Lloyds TSB account.

I have entered into negotiations with CFO and once they stop fooling around with silly admin & late payment charges I will repay them on my terms.

As for the NatWest :evil:

Ignore all the admin charges and late payment penalty fees. Unless they can show that they are proportionate to the admin actions involved and not there purely to make a profit, then they are unlawful.

• 1 month later...

Interesting update to this. All of a sudden out of nowhere I had a debit transaction from Payday Express on an account which was empty, and has no overdraft facility!

When I rang NatWest instead of fobbing me off as they did with CFO they said that the account was now noted and that further debits from this company would immediately be returned to me.

I wonder if this means that they have now finally decided to stop defying the Regulator on this issue?

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this means that they have now finally decided to stop defying the Regulator on this issue?

Unfortunately not. After asking NatWest to cancel CPA for Cash Genue, they replied with a letter similar to drob's where they said they can't cancel CPA as it's a "service card". It's a blue Visa debit card attached to a savings account. I don't see what difference it should make?

KlwFxmq.jpg

Edited by mike00

Unfortunately not. After asking NatWest to cancel CPA for Cash Genue, they replied with a letter similar to drob's where they said they can't cancel CPA as it's a "service card". It's a blue Visa debit card attached to a savings account. I don't see what difference it should make?

KlwFxmq.jpg

The NatWest are 100% wrong and instead of investigating your initial response they have attempted to fob you off with a standard letter.

I strongly advise you visit your branch with your letter of complaint and get them to take a copy and get them to sign that they have received your letter.

I would also make a complaint to the FOS

Get a FULL complaint to Natwest and inform the OFT, FOS and FCA. Natwest have just stated in writing that they are openly and willingly breaking the law.