How Do I Deal With RUTHBRIDGE ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received 2 letters from a company called RUTHBRIDGE which I gather from the Internet are some kind of Debt Collector.

To begin with the name on the letter is not my name.The spelling is different.

I was once in business as a sole proprietor.This business ceased trading in September 1997.

I had mental health issues at the time and are on-going under the care of my GP.

I am retired on a state pension. I rent from a housing association. My house was re-posessed by the bank in 1998.

I do not owe any money to any person , business, bank or credit/store card companies except accounts which are up to date with payments due.

How should I deal with this ? Can anyone offer advice with regard to this company and how to proceed. I cannot afford a solicitor.

Thankyou in anticipation.

DCA's are not bailiffs they have no such legal powers

you could safely ignore their phishing trip

or

send the statute barred letter from the green library tab top left

whats the debt?

any relation to anything you know about

or

anything on your CRA file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I do not know what the debt is supposed to be for or how much. They do not say. However a curious code >30 appears at the end of their refernce number. Could this mean LESS THAN £30, £300, £3000 ?. I have lived at the same address since 1998 and have never received any payment demands from anyone or any company since I moved here. That is a total of 15 years. As the name on the letter is mis-spelled this could be for someone else with a similar sounding name. My name as pronounced by americans sounds like the name on the letters. Is RUTHBRIDGE an american debt collection agency I wonder ? Anyway I have a cunning plan. Details will be published when they admit their serious error. I do not expect an apology. Anyone else had an experience with RUTHBRIDGE ?

phishing trip then

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignoring Ruthbridge seems to be the best way to deal with them. They have four or five letters in their threatogram suite and once exhausted they seem to forget about it. If they come back with anything other than threats and spell out what they claim you owe and to whom you could then put them to strict proof to prove it. Believe me they won't because they probably have no more information than your name and address to work on.

Hi just wait until/if they send you something that contains information re the debt then if not your debt complain to ICO, trading standards re giving you information that is private to another individual. If the debt is yours check that it is not statute barred before attempting to respond.

dpick

they are just being lazy and sloppy whilst looking for someone of that name and have come up with you as a best guess. This sort of thing does get up the nose of the regulators so dont reply to Ruthbridge but keep the letter in case you get any further correspondence and if you do report them to the ICO and the OFT.