Littlewoods and Very issue. please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i'm new here!

I have a few issues with Littlewoods and Very, i was wondering if you could all help?

Firstly - i am on income support, and got myself into a state with littlewoods before christmas (with 3 children, and small income, it was bound to happen)

anyway, they phoned me at 8am every morning until i finally caved in and answered - i shouted the odds at them as they phone at ungodly hours and they KNOW i am on IS and i have tried and tried to keep on top of things - they wanted £580, which i have tried paying to the best of my ability - anyway they told me to pay 300 a month for 3 months to bring my bill down -

This is still a LOT from my pathetic income, but i figured, the sooner it's paid the better all round.

i have made 2 payments, the second being this morning - firstly, can i have it dropped lower? or as i verbally agreed, do i have to stand by this?

The second issue is the 'extra care advantage' - PPI - i was on income support in 2006 when they set up my account, they told me i had to have this on my account - so i did - and when i got into difficulties in 2008 i turned to the PPI to pay my bill for me, as this is what i had been paying for, correct? Well they told me no, as i haven't worked for over 6 months.... so i carried on paying, got with my partner in 2009 and everything was ok (still paying PPI) - partner left me last april, as debts mounted up, so did the PPI payments.

Last week a memnber of staff admitted i was missold it, and i cancelled it. YAY! but this morning i worked out how much i actually paid them under false pretenses - between the two sister companies we are looking at £2000 +

I phoned them and asked for it back, they said no but said they will send me a letter (for reasons i don't understand as the man had an accent i couldn't decipher very well)

Am i right in thinking i AM entitled to this money back as i was on income support in 2006, and am again now - if i knew i didn't have to have it, i never would have got it in the first place despite being in a relationship 2 years later ?

How do i go about claiming this back?

sorry to ramble on, i'm in debt up to my eye balls and this PPI will clear a huge sum of it and let me and my children get on with our lives

Jo

• 1 month later...

I posted a few weeks back and never got a response from anyone :(

Anyway - Littlewoods said no to a refund on PPI, after i complained, and told me to visit the ombudsmen... I don't know what to do.

Help, please?

moved you to the PPI forum

sri for missing you

you can claim

thats a classic reason to cough up.

have you all the statements?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok time to gather your info me thinks

send them an sar request

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no bother

once you have the info

pull our string here

i'd look for PENALTY charges too.

i've moved you to the PPI forum

there is lots to read here

and in my sig below

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Hello,

They have sent me my SAR...

I think i have worked out what they owe me £1885.85, that is PPI and penalty charges (£12 for a phone call from them!!!)

What do i do now? i'm very anxious about it now..

Jojo

keep the PPI & penalty charges claim sep on sep spreadies.

what spready have you used?

dx

and they

use this one

one copy for each

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

enter THEIR int rate in cell d15

dx

and they