New Employer can't afford to pay me! Part2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They won't put anything that they've offered me in writing. Everything I've sent has been met by a text or email saying 'Call me so we can talk'.

There's a lot of things that I can't put on here because a lot of it is so specific I'd risk identifying the company in question, but I am absolutely certain that with the evidence that I've got so far, the job centre won't be able to deny my claim. It's infuriating not being able to share all everything that's happened because with the economy in the state it's in, I'm sure I won't be the last person to find themselves in this position.

All I can say is, if anyone is reading this thread in the future, it's well worth the few quid it costs to do a check on the company and the individuals that you're going to be working for before you accept a job. If I knew then what I know now and all that jazz...:|

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

i would be going to the jcp seeing the same adviser and saying do you realy think you should be doing this job and tell his/her superviser the situation that you were put in.

I've done that a couple of times now, Huggy. As it stands today, I'm satisfied with their response, lets put it that way. At the end of the day, the JCP can only act on the information that they're given. Asking them to take responsibility for the financial status of every company that receives assistance is unrealistic, but I don't believe that the company in question will be receiving any further direct referrals from them and I'm happy with that.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

when your finished with them ,and just to be on the safe side of coarse you will be letting the TAXMAN know won't you. hahahah

Joking apart...yes, I will. However, before I do anything like that there's a couple of people employed there that I would like to know are in a more secure position before I do anything that might affect their employment/income. I've given them both the link to this site and asked them to come here for advice...whether they do that or not is up to them at the end of the day.

Ther are many companies like this that rely on staff working for nothing whilst they get their next contract sorted outa nd try and keep afloat. They dont get any better when times are good so the sooner you are out of it the better. Feeling sorry for your colleagues is very noble but they know what it is all about and it is down to them to sort out their lives. The only real problem is the lovely Jobcentre. Companies like this use jobcentres for recruitment because they know you will lose your access to help and benefits for a significant time and if they tell lies as well as steal from their employees they will continue to keep going at your expense. I wish you well in getting through the sludge of administration at the JC and start a claim at an ET for unpaid wages and unlawful deductions. As said, the taxman wont be happy about all this but you look after yourself an dont worry about anyone else in this debacle..

Ther are many companies like this that rely on staff working for nothing whilst they get their next contract sorted outa nd try and keep afloat. They dont get any better when times are good so the sooner you are out of it the better. Feeling sorry for your colleagues is very noble but they know what it is all about and it is down to them to sort out their lives. The only real problem is the lovely Jobcentre. Companies like this use jobcentres for recruitment because they know you will lose your access to help and benefits for a significant time and if they tell lies as well as steal from their employees they will continue to keep going at your expense. I wish you well in getting through the sludge of administration at the JC and start a claim at an ET for unpaid wages and unlawful deductions. As said, the taxman wont be happy about all this but you look after yourself an dont worry about anyone else in this debacle..

And all the directors drive around in very expensive cars and still have lunches etc!

All the directors drive very expensive cars as it happens. Funny, that.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a brief note to say thanks to everyone who helped on this thread - your input was very helpful and much appreciated.

By way of an update, I dodged the JCP bullet so to speak by getting some bits and pieces of temping work, and now I have a couple of very decent permanent prospects (hopefully) on the horizon.

I did (eventually) get a payslip, which indicates that I had been paid £283.00 more than I actually was and showing tax and NI deductions that would be correct for that amount, but not the amount that I received. I've written to them giving them 14 days to pay me the balance, which I fully expect them to completely ignore. I'll let you all know if by some incredible chance they actually comply, and equally if they don't. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Further update: I spoke to one of the ladies who stayed on (God alone knows why) yesterday. In the least shocking twist ever, nobody (including my replacement) has been paid again this month, and the payment is 7 days overdue so far.

It's not looking good for my £283.00.

The company you're happily working for are just heading into the future. We will all be working full time for a bowl of pudding and a place under the bridge.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Oh, I'm not working for them any more, San. :-)